Michigan Offering Harbaugh 6 yrs $48 million (Rumor)

mikeak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":31rkes6q said:
If Michigan leaked this it means he's not going there and they just put the offer out there to appease their alums.

If Harbaugh leaked it then they're just using Michigan as leverage for where he wants to be.

When something like this comes out this early you can virtually guarantee it is being used by somebody for something.

If anything this increases my belief that he's not going to Michigan.

Michigan hasn't been relevant for awhile. Receuits are going elsewhere. They could want Harbaugh and leak this for two other reasons

1) tell recruits in the area that we are going for top coaches so come and visit and don't committ to other schools give us a few weeks

2) get good publicity for once

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Most funny passage from the Grantland piece about why Harbaugh SHOULD go to Michigan (even though he won't), which leans heavily on Wickersham's profile from earlier this year:

This is why Jim Harbaugh should go to Michigan.

Did you read Seth Wickersham’s profile of Harbaugh back at the beginning of October? That profile is why he should go to Michigan.

Look at this man.

At the University of San Diego, where in three years he turned a joke of a program into a two-time Pioneer League champion, he ran hills with the players, sometimes pushing through his own vomit. At Stanford, where he engineered a once-in-a-generation turnaround, he renamed the Oklahoma drill the Stanford drill to signify the toughness he wanted to instill. At San Francisco he makes the winning side run gassers after two-minute practice.
He is certifiable.

A speech Harbaugh delivered to the team a few days later, entitled “2014 1st Team Meeting,” explained his approach to battle. He usually writes in a spiral notebook, but this was typed and eight pages long. “I will be your alarm clock and wake you early,” he said. “It can be a great temptation to rest on the field and let the opponent have a play without making him pay for every inch. I must hold his pain where it is. Mine does not matter … The punishment I inflict, his fatigue, and that he is up against something that he does not comprehend is everything.”
The best part of that speech is that he called it “2014 1st Team Meeting.” He’s organized and obsessive enough to name all his speeches, but too busy holding his enemy’s pain to actually come up with a real name.

It was vintage Harbaugh, sincere and obsessive, inspiring and crazed. And its decisive moment, as Harbaugh described how he fights in the trenches, contained a clue as to why a coach who has won 74.5 percent of his games might just be expendable: “My opponent is going to have to die. But does he have to kill me too? He is killing me. But he has a right to. I have never seen a greater opponent than him. I do not care who kills who now.”

What. Theeeeeeeeeeeeee. Hell.

It’s like a pep talk ghostwritten by Ra’s al Ghul.

Every rumor you heard about Harbaugh burning out the San Francisco locker room — even back when the 49ers were 3-1 — makes perfect sense, next to an anecdote like that. Imagine having to work with that guy every day. “I will be your alarm clock and wake you up early,” he said to a roomful of adults.

But then, we’re not talking about Harbaugh as a 49ers coach.

Imagine we’re talking about a college coach.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/dear- ... -michigan/

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Just read something that stated Harbaugh verbally accepted the deal from Michigan. No link as I am on the road at the moment.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This sucks.. I guess it took me a little while to realize that this rivalry which is special is about to be obliterated. I cannot believe in this day in age where winning is everything the 49ers are seriously getting rid of Harbaugh. No disrespect to the Rams and the Cardinals but these rivalries pale in comparison. I seriously hope we go back to the AFC West and I'm sure the Niners might help us pack our bags.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Here is a source claiming it's a done deal, or at least verbally committed (2nd or 3rd hand). It seems like too much money to turn down coaching your Alma Mater but I guess take it with a grain of salt. If he is going, he wouldn't have a lot of time left to get in there and recruit. Letter of intent signing day for 2015 is the first Wednesday in February.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/har ... vi-BBh1kbK

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this for Popeye and Marvin's review...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":l0cz8qsv said:
I just wanted to bump this for Popeye and Marvin's review...

Well I've said this in other threads but I'd be stunned if this wasn't Harbaugh. Never really know what he's going to do. He has a history of zigging when peeps expect him to zag. As it is I'm merely surprised.

I admit I didn't think there was a chance in hell he'd turn down NFL jobs for Michigan.

Works for me though...much rather see him on the other side of the country in college than in the NFL and in the same damn market. I did NOT want to hear about him every damn week.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Actual salary is the same as he was being paid by San Francisco. However, cost of living in Ann Arbor is probably about 40% less, so it's a net increase.

Latest posts