Jville

Reaction score

Fansided isn't very useful.​

Kinnu Singh, is but another fan pretending to be Journalist.​

Offers recycled takes on what we already know. Nothing original.​

Cut & Paste​

Mase

Reaction score
-- I would say slow down Sparky. I have been in favor of the hire, and am hopeful of what he can bring to the table. Now showing up to your introductory presser with a sportcoat over a light hoody is one thing, but don't forget one thing. It is the Seattle Seahawks, not the MacDonalds. We will still be the Hawks when you have been fired or just burned out from too many Super Bowls.

-- If the shadow is too big for you, maybe you should have taken a different job. I get the whole, clean slate, starting from scratch, blah blah. But the team does have a history and the last 20 years have been in the upper echelon of the league. If you are going to erase Carroll and Holmgren from the halls, you better generate some of your own trophies. And quickly.

Mase

Optimus25

Reaction score
I get the premise completely but taking down the photos celebrating the franchise's finest moments seems baby out with the bathwater-ish to me.
Why? Same attitude that kept PC 2 years longer than we should have if you ask me.

Bask in the glory days on YouTube Saturday afternoons.

Keep the facility a reminder that you are one play away from irrelevant and likewise 1 play away from greatness every single Sunday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is a really bad sign.
You can paint it however you want. But this is the kind of thing you end up seeing a losing coach do.

Great coaches want to cultivate greatness. They milk that tradition, not throttle it.

I am trying to be optimistic. I like this coaching hire. But this ain't great. Insecure coaches do this all the time.
Winners don't do it that often. Many lean the other way.
I am hoping they are exaggerating how much is being stripped out.
Sarcasm?

I am still to this day shocked at how sensitive people are on this site. Let alone how much stuff they blow out of proportion.
I love it here, but my god, talk about reaching.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
You can paint it however you want. But this is the kind of thing you end up seeing a losing coach do.

Great coaches want to cultivate greatness. They milk that tradition, not throttle it.

I am trying to be optimistic. I like this coaching hire. But this ain't great. Insecure coaches do this all the time.
What? Do you have other examples of this happening in the past?

I personally think this is great. Usher in the new era. Coach Big Mac needs the walls cleaned for all the Lombardis he's about to bring in

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
It doesn't bother me. Time to make new legends and hero's and not dwell on the past. I feel like we never truly got over super bowl 49 under Pete, hopefully we can truly exorcise it now by making another super bowl or getting another ring.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is he taking down the Super Bowl XLVIII banner in the indoor practice facility too? I just think there needs to be a modicum of acknowledging the past success of the franchise without completely white-walling the place to get your point across that it's a new era.

Bo57cj4IMAEnCGx

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Whatever actually happened, I can't imagine it happening without MM and JS first discussing it. So whatever is happening it's happening with either tacit or explicit approval.

Toxic_Luke

Reaction score
I really don't care about these changes, and I'll go further, they were necessary!
the team got comfortable over the years, something needed to be done!

Pete Carroll's story will never be erased, it's not a wall that will change that, but Mike McDonald wants to write HIS OWN STORY in Seattle!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
There should be a darkened hall and chamber for such relics that veterans hold meetings or hangouts in but they can only open the chamber doors if they win. For winners only.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Josh McDaniels did something similar in Denver and Vegas.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Alabama can't stop talking about Bear Bryant.

The Steelers certainly aren't shy about their championships.
Is all the Bill Walsh stuff gone from the 49ers' team facility?

University of Miami is ABOUT the legacy. Hell, the Cowboys are STILL milking their dynasty.

I think even the freaking Bills still have Levy enshrined in their facility.

You lean into legacies, not cover them up.

Sure a few pictures is nothing. Maybe this is overblown. But it IS something new insecure coaches tend to do, and usually the bad ones.

Also....

As a 'Pete Carroll Hater' (not really), I disagree.

He ABSOEFFINGLUTELY deserves a statue.
He turned a team in 'Egypt' into a SB winner, one of the most dominant SB teams ever (certainly one of the greatest defenses ever), and made the Seahawks one of the most relevant and top NFL teams for almost a decade.
Yes, he DESERVES a statue. WTF.

Count Hawkula

Reaction score
I love it! Macdonald is making a statement.This current team hasn't won anything yet, stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize.

JPatera76

Reaction score
jfc some of yall can’t let go of ole Pete’s nuts. Already calling MM a “bad coach”

Some do the dumbest shit I’ve seen posted in a long time is cultivating in this thread… lol some of yall hate MM so much (for literally NO reason other than he replaced a coach you somehow and in someway think should be coaching still) go root for an another damn team jfc. Some of yall act like you don’t have another 31 options out there

Seattle Person

Reaction score

Hard disagree.