Pete Carroll, Seahawks silencing critics

ivotuk

Reaction score
There aren't many Seahawks players left who were around from those years. Lockett, who came on as a third-round pick in 2015, is the longest-tenured player, and he was reminding his teammates on Sunday of how important it is to remember what people thought of them back in August. "It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit," Lockett said. "We just have a bunch of guys who really want to buy in."

That environment says a lot about their head coach and his own ability to persevere. When a local reporter asked Carroll how coaching this team compares to his winning a Super Bowl and a couple national championships at USC, Carroll said, "This is a very special opportunity right now. And it's been that way because of all the hype and the circumstances and the challenge and the doubting and all that kind of stuff. I like this challenge. I've liked it from the start, or I wouldn't be here. But the fact that the guys are coming through because of the way they've worked and how much they care about it, it's a coach's thrill."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We need to do a confessional thread or something, cause damn man did most of us including myself miss the boat entirely on Pete.

I was fairly neutral, fire him, don't......probably wouldn't make that big of a difference with the lack of talent on the roster going forward.

But I typed MANY a post about how the game had passed Pete by, and his antiquated way of coaching didn't work in the NFL.

Fonzie effusion21

Donn2390

Reaction score
Whenever I see. Chadiha write about Carroll, I can’t help but dig up this gem from 2010
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/4816051
WOW, that was rude, perhaps even heartless...!! After reading that I'm kinda sorry Carroll was hired, he has NO chance at success in the pros.
I think Chadiha should be invited to be MC at Pete's Super Bowl party..

Ruminator

Reaction score
That was written by an ESPN staff writer? Wow. If I'd just seen the text of it with no identifying source attached, I'd have thought it was an online post somewhere written by a bratty and resentful 15-year old.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I think this is the most interesting paragraph:

Carroll didn't have to remind anyone what most people thought about this team heading into this year: The trade that sent quarterback Russell Wilson to Denver was going to bury them in serious rebuild mode. That was before the Seahawks beat the Broncos in the season-opener. It was also before Wilson became the league's most disappointing offseason acquisition, as both he and the Broncos have floundered in that new marriage. Based on these divergent results, it seems clear now that Carroll must have given his former quarterback plenty to work with during their time together

Rainger

Reaction score
i'll add this to the pile

This is exactly what I was saying in my thread about , that to prove the doubters right the Hawks would have to lose 9 more games. It ain't going to happen.

Some even missed it and thought I was saying they would lose 9 more and said I would be disappointed lol.

I was saying what rich is saying. Don't sleep on seattle or Pete. Been saying it since the trade. The guy Rich is talking to in the clips reminds me of a number of the posters here.

Good on you Rich so well said. Thank you for the post seatown

Last edited:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pete Carroll definitely silenced my skepticism, I haven't felt this way since the early days of Carroll.

sdog1981

Reaction score
You take the good with the bad with Pete. He keep Cable and Norton around for too long, he got too cute with the drafting from 2013 to 2018, and He challenges plays that never get overturned. He had a team with the talent to be a top 5 defense but for whatever reason, they were god-awful for the first 5 weeks.

But the dude just wins, players play hard for him. We are seeing Russ was holding back the offense and Pete still has an eye for defensive talent.

Pete is a top 5 head coach in the NFL and that is a hard thing to come by.

Latest posts