Mike Rob Cut?!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":2juievqx said:
But we didn't see a whole helluva lot of training camp rrr did we..? Last one was uploaded Aug 13 and would've been shot long before then. Wouldn't be surprised if he was kept away in quarantine somewhere

They did mention he was "at home" sick. Maybe he really was kept away from the team.

If it was mono, it would make sense. My wife had mono in High School and ended up having to go on independent study because it knocked her out for so long.

HansGruber

Reaction score
All I can find is that he's been out for over a week with a virus. Which doesn't mean he has mono, but does mean it is probably something serious. And if it's that serious, he was probably asked to stay away once it was confirmed.

Sounds like a great way to excuse the cut, ask him to take a paycut and bring him back later. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Of course, if I was the coach, I'd also be looking at the younger kids, who are about $2m cheaper on the cap, and ask myself if his production was really that impossible to replace with other cheaper options.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
CANHawk":2yv3ohfc said:
But we didn't see a whole helluva lot of training camp rrr did we..? Last one was uploaded Aug 13 and would've been shot long before then. Wouldn't be surprised if he was kept away in quarantine somewhere

Definitely. Just nothing official from the team yet.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
He was a valuable player and leader, but I saw him more of a role player and not a key piece on the team. Sad to seem him go, but I am not surprised, nor do I see this as a move that will hamstring us...especially consider his health and salary.

keasley45

Reaction score
hawkmanj":17dukmln said:
He was a valuable player and leader, but I saw him more of a role player and not a key piece on the team. Sad to seem him go, but I am not surprised, nor do I see this as a move that will hamstring us...especially consider his health and salary.

tend to agree. also not sure his illness played as much into it as folks think. Found a great write-up that discusses among other things, the future plans for the FB/HB/TE position in the Hawks offense. Really interesting stuff.

Posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71679&p=1014591#p1014591

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
My heart still hates this, probably always will. My head says we ain't seen nothin' yet as far as the Wilson-Bevell offense.

Russell recently said he spent a good amount of time this offseason watching EVERY PASS of Drew Brees' professional career. I think RW has a model for his game and his game does not necessitate a true FB. A workehorse RB, and a few RBs with different specialties (including some FB-like tendencies) will do just fine.

I would cherish the day I get to see Mike Rob back in Seahawk blue. For now, though, after a day of mourning, I'm ready to enjoy the show we have.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The worst part about this won't be the absence of Michael Robinson; who I have loved deeply since his Penn State days. It'll be the absence of the inside look he provided us with the team. I won't feel as close to this team without the Real Rob Report... that really saddens me more than anything.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
I'd have to say this move is the one I question the most. If nothing else wait until next off season but whatever. I have faith in the brain trust so they obviously see the talent elsewhere worth more than his value. Oh, that and AW leaving hurts my Madden team. Boo.

grizbob

Reaction score
Not going to get down till we find out for sure the future of Mike, it smacks of selfishness to fret over the loss of Real Rob Report, it was a cherry on top of the great sundae that is the Seahawks.

If it turns out he is indeed gone, think how much it would suck for Mike.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Seriously bummed out on this one. I'm going to miss Michael Robinson, almost feels like it did seeing Leon Washington go. I trust the FO knows what they are doing, but it sucks losing a guy like Mike.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Just read that link upthread. It explains the "why" of this move in detail unlike my earlier post. Then again I never saw and can't access the "RRR" so beware my take is different from the consensus. The offense is going under a philosophical shift and will do so as Wilson grows. Think 2009 New Orleans and Montana 49ers when envisioning the offense. Run being important but the offense will go as Wilson goes.

uncle fester

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2z33jcic said:
The offense is going under a philosophical shift and will do so as Wilson grows. Think 2009 New Orleans and Montana 49ers when envisioning the offense. Run being important but the offense will go as Wilson goes.

That would make total sense. And be exciting as hell.

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
McGruff":2eebskxe said:
pehawk":2eebskxe said:
MRob was never a typical Cable type FB. Never will be. I'm not a "smart" football mind, but even I knew that.

2010, Seattle at Oakland, Marcelle Reese killed the Hawks. That's Cables type of FB. A NFL, gadget type.

Yah and a FB like MRob who could block like a sun of gun, catch like a TE, run short yardage and goal line with near 100% success, and be your emergency QB doesn't fit that description at all . . .

This is a bad move. Sometimes veteran cuts send the right message (TJ Houshmanzadeh), but this one does just the opposite. It says we don't value leadership, locker room camaraderie, self sacrifice or on the field contributions.

I'm pissed. As pissed as I've ever been at this team. This will be a case of "you don't know what you've got till its gone."

What McGruff said and...

You all talking about the Fullback position as if we are talking about a Punter! Its a rare skill set that players like Robinson have. Play any down and distance. Run and Pass block. Blitz pickup. Carry and Receive. Play action, draw, screen.... I'm sure I've seen him up the sideline for a pass. To be played well the Fullback must be multi-talented and disciplined. I think any team is stronger with a talented fullback than without.

I hope there is more to this story other than simply saving money.

Latest posts