Mike Williams

chris98251

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3uqgg0hi said:
chris98251":3uqgg0hi said:
massari":3uqgg0hi said:
Still hoping they bring this guy in to replace Kearse (and his salary) or compete for a job, if healthy of course.

Don't understand the hate, Kearse has made some of the biggest catches in the history of this franchise and is the receiver that can out jump and use his body on the sidelines to make catches.

You're assuming that he'll actually make the catch...

He has had drops on routine catches for fist down to be sure, but clutch do or die catches in games he has been nothing but money most of the time. Take Kearse away and I think we probably don't see our Super Bowl appearances.

He has done it without being a problem, pouting and or making himself a attention whore as well, how many teams has Williams been passed around on, if he was all that he would be playing and not a FA.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":1nq0pno9 said:
He has had drops on routine catches for fist down to be sure, but clutch do or die catches in games he has been nothing but money most of the time. Take Kearse away and I think we probably don't see our Super Bowl appearances.

He has done it without being a problem, pouting and or making himself a attention whore as well, how many teams has Williams been passed around on, if he was all that he would be playing and not a FA.

Sure, if you take Kearse away they might not have been as good, but we don't just want to take Kearse away, we want to REPLACE him with a better player.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":2rt0ja2t said:
chris98251":2rt0ja2t said:

Sure, if you take Kearse away they might not have been as good, but we don't just want to take Kearse away, we want to REPLACE him with a better player.

If he is better then why is he unsigned still when there was plenty of teams that could have signed him? He has a history as well that is following him around. Seems to me the headache isn't worth the price based on the deafing silence.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":23bippnj said:
rideaducati":23bippnj said:
chris98251":23bippnj said:

If he is better then why is he unsigned still when there was plenty of teams that could have signed him? He has a history as well that is following him around. Seems to me the headache isn't worth the price based on the deafing silence.

I am not saying Williams is better, but I doubt he is worse. Most teams were most likely waiting to see what they reaped from the draft before signing an oft injured player whose minimum salary is a lot higher than a rookie's salary would be. I would bet that if Kearse were in Williams shoes, he wouldn't be signed yet either.

My argument was that your argument was kind of silly because the Seahawks wouldn't have gone into the season without REPLACING Kearse and we will never know what would have happened. You can't just "take away" a player and assume that a team wouldn't be as good until you know who his replacement is and how he plays. Kearse's production doesn't seem like it would be difficult to replace, but that's just my opinion.