If AR was our #1 target...

James in PA

Reaction score
....I'm comforting myself today with these thoughts, because I admit I wanted us to take him:

1) He wouldn't have helped us much at all this year and I DO think we gave a chance to compete THIS year.

2) We had no chance of trading up anyway. Arizona wasn't going to trade with us and those lying sack of $hit Texans wanted MORE picks, not less, at the very top. A trade up was nearly impossible.

3) He could very well be a bust.

4) If he does turn out to be elite, we'd be back to having a damn QB take up 1/3 of our cap before you know it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
For entertainment purposes only. Richardson would have fit Pete's SB winning model by having a young mobile QB on a rookie contract. I suspect he was our target at #5. (a GUESS, backed by nothing much). I would have been OK with it if we'd gotten a couple more Lombardis before he started taking 1/3 of our cap. Maybe 2024 was the target year for culmination of the PC/JS master plan.

I'm still a bit surprised he got taken at #4. Ballsy or stupid, only time will tell.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pete (or John) said last night that they were staying at #5 for only two players... with Devon Witherspoon being one of them.

My guess is Anthony Richardson was the other one.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm guessing that too. But perhaps "the other player" was Stroud or Anderson.