Moffitt absent from OTA due to being in court

nategreat

Reaction score
bigtrain21":33wgsfpg said:
This happened to me once at college and I played roshambo with the campus police officers for my freedom and won.

Haha that's awesome buddy! :thirishdrinkers:

Bakergirl

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2dfkvr5e said:
Hawkfan77":2dfkvr5e said:
FlyingGreg":2dfkvr5e said:
his desire to come across as a big goof instead of a solid guard in the NFL.
:roll:

What an absolutely ridiculous ignorant comment. Just stupid to think you know what he thinks and how he feels.

Wahhhhhh....it's an opinion, not a statement on his life. Calm down and stop sniffing his jock strap. Let me guess, you have a Moffitt doll and Fathead in your room?

His track record speaks for itself, without question. I guess you missed the part last season where the 7th round DT convert took snaps away from him? Adderall suspension, can't beat out a 7th round rookie, acting like a fool now this.

When he starts bringing it on the field, then I'll give him a break. In the meantime...tough sh*t.

Un-knot your underoos. The blind fanboy love for players is ignorant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't his suspension over paperwork? He had a prescription.

largenutz

Reaction score
Very true zeb, drunk chicks will go pee in very wierd places. I bet Moffit was caught in the parking garage or somewhere like that, and mall cops wanted to make a name for themselves and busted him. It was in Bellevue,so... actually he probably got lucky, they might have been able to hit him with a sex charge.

largenutz

Reaction score
Very true zeb, drunk chicks will go pee in very wierd places. I bet Moffit was caught in the parking garage or somewhere like that, and mall cops wanted to make a name for themselves and busted him. It was in Bellevue,so... actually he probably got lucky, they might have been able to hit him with a sex charge.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1knhbzw6 said:
Enough is enough with John.

The Hawks should let him go.

Football is not his #1 priority.

It's sad because NFL football and the Hawks success means more to us than it does to him.

A c'mon, you're acting like he peed on YOU!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":8wapijwp said:
onanygivensunday":8wapijwp said:
Football is not his #1 priority.
Just stop. The ignorance by some is amazing. Such a dumb comment
You should talk.

Greg said it best.

Calm down and stop sniffing his jock strap. Let me guess, you have a Moffitt doll and Fathead in your room?

His track record speaks for itself, without question. I guess you missed the part last season where the 7th round DT convert took snaps away from him? Adderall suspension, can't beat out a 7th round rookie, acting like a fool, now this.

When he starts bringing it on the field, then I'll give him a break. In the meantime...tough sh*t.

Un-knot your underoos. The blind fanboy love for players is ignorant.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
A little more info, and I cant believe I'm quoting PFT

According to the police report, police responded to a call from security officers at Lincoln Square for a person trespassing on the property. Moffitt had been seen by security urinating near a parked vehicle before taking off with a second individual.

Police confronted Moffitt and asked him to stop but Moffitt instead entered an apartment complex and the pair were not seen again by the officers. Officers later showed Lincoln Square security officers photos of Moffitt, who were able to positively identify him as the source of the complaint. He was charged with criminal trespass and obstruction.

So he pissed in a parking lot by his car I assume, security saw this and called police? Overreaction much Bell Sq/Lincoln Sq security?

I admit, bonehead move by ditching the cops and running into an apartment. But then he got charged without being present, and charged over a picture ID'd by the same overzealous rent a cops?

Seems Moffitt can beat this easy if he has a good lawyer.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Eh, seems like he worries way more about effing off than playing football.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like simple foolishness on Moffitt's part, let all of us who didn't get into some foolish mischief when young throw the first stone.

I suspect JM already knows he needs to bear down and focus upon playing football rather than being the class clown. If not I'm sure the team has spoken to him about misbehaving and he knows the ice is getting thinner under his NFL career if he doesn't start making football his #1 endeavour by working harder and avoiding this stuff.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Of all the offenses a guy could get into trouble for, I approve of peeing bellevue square.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1meen0vk said:
Of all the offenses a guy could get into trouble for, I approve of peeing bellevue square.

Yep, that place is so pretentious.

You know if the call had come in about someone peeing in the parking lot at Southcenter, the security guard would have been like, "Uh yea so?"

CANHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":cohwh6td said:
Let him go??? Drama much?

Yeah, for all that I had hoped Moff would have been a 10 year starter at guard for us, he's still fairly solid and more than capable to be a career back up. He's on a rookie contract so he's cheap. Why punt a guy like that?

formido

Reaction score
I like Moffit. He's a walking talking example of the fundamental attribution error:

"In social psychology, the fundamental attribution error (also known as correspondence bias or attribution effect) describes the tendency to overestimate the effect of disposition or personality and underestimate the effect of the situation in explaining social behavior. The fundamental attribution error is most visible when people explain the behavior of others. It does not explain interpretations of one's own behavior — where situational factors are more easily recognized and can thus be taken into consideration. This discrepancy between attributions for one's own behavior and for that of others is known as the actor–observer bias."

[source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamenta ... tion_error]

When folks watch him on RRR, they jump to the conclusion that he treats football the same way he acts on camera. Seems doubtful, considering clues like "he made it to the freaking NFL with non-elite physical gifts" and "spent part of off-season at a third party training facility working on his athleticism". Given Cable's apparent scorn of Moffit, I sometimes wonder if he's been bitten by the FAE bug.

Rocket

Reaction score
Treefiddy":84rq0367 said:
Eh, seems like he worries way more about effing off than playing football.
worrying, the act of thinking about something important, a lot.
whizzing, the act of relieving one's bladder.

While Mr. Wilson (one L) seems to worry about playing football constantly, awake or asleep, that's the exception and not the norm. The rest of us need a bit of downtime. Some stay home during downtime, some wander. While wandering most consume beverages. This usually results in a full bladder. If one is not able to enter a nearby facility one often relieves the pain in a dark spot out of doors.

While zealous lawmakers and enforcers have equated this specific behavior to a sexual crime, said equating is friggin' stupid, as are those who are running this up the legal flagpole.

OTOH, Mr. Moffett ought to be careful where he eats and relieves himself, and should probably eschew establishments that have requested he take his business elsewhere. His posse should be aware of said issues as well, as they're supposed to have his back.

All in all, John is probably going to suffer from whizzing in a gross proportion to the act itself cuz he was peeing from the shoulders of his teammates who were arguably too dumb to properly understand how to avoid detection of certain substances in their urine. Sadly, he's standing on his own shoulders as well as those of others.

I'm gonna miss his chiseled frame in the locker room and plane videos. Sigh.
I also miss the time when peeing was peeing and games were games.

Rocket

Reaction score
CANHawk":2w5o4bx6 said:
SoulfishHawk":2w5o4bx6 said:
Let him go??? Drama much?

Yeah, for all that I had hoped Moff would have been a 10 year starter at guard for us, he's still fairly solid and more than capable to be a career back up. He's on a rookie contract so he's cheap. Why punt a guy like that?

to make a point... a point that sadly needs to be made.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":212880px said:
kearly":212880px said:
FlyingGreg":212880px said:
As if I needed any further reason to doubt Moffitt.

Fits right in with his behavior on "Real Rob Report" and "Fresh Files", the adderall suspension and his desire to come across as a big goof instead of a solid guard in the NFL.

No wonder a 7th round rookie DT conversion project took snaps away from him last season.

I think Moffitt's only real problem is that he's already basically at his ceiling, which is average, and he's competing with Sweezy, who's upside is enormous. Moffitt was never an upside pick, I still wonder to this day if that pick was truly Tom Cable's idea or not. That plus Cable seems to treat Moffitt like the stepson of the O-line group.

Agreed.
I think you're selling Moffitt a bit short in one of those posts. For if he has mid-to-low tier talent such that Sweezy was in direct competition with him last year, then surely he must actually work pretty hard to actually be on an NFL roster. Unless our OL is THAT bad.