Moffitt trade voided: Update, traded to Denver instead.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BroncosFan":3bpxl6jj said:
The Flynn trade was nice, but still doesn't make up for the mistake of signing him. I'm not trying to start controversy here, just curious as to what else JS has done in the trade market in Seattle.

The 'mistake' of signing Flynn? This kind of reasoning always baffles me. Not many foresaw a rookie QB outright winning the QB competition at the time Flynn was signed, and it was way more an issue of RW beating Flynn than Flynn not living up to expectations.

Excellent 20/20 hindsight though.

BroncosFan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1cpgi649 said:
BroncosFan":1cpgi649 said:
The Flynn trade was nice, but still doesn't make up for the mistake of signing him. I'm not trying to start controversy here, just curious as to what else JS has done in the trade market in Seattle.

The 'mistake' of signing Flynn? This kind of reasoning always baffles me. Not many foresaw a rookie QB outright winning the QB competition at the time Flynn was signed, and it was way more an issue of RW beating Flynn than Flynn not living up to expectations.

Flynn got paid far too much for 1 good regular season game. There's no hindsight involved there.

BroncosFan

Reaction score
chris98251":2b91v8fr said:
Clemons, Lynch, are the most notable, we have made low level draft pick trades for defensive lineman and offensive lineman, Traded Aaron Curry to Oakland, Kelly Jennings to Cinncinatti and Josh Wilson to the Ravens for draft picks that turned out to be some of our starters, 5th rounders.

Ah yes. The Lynch trade was a great one for Seattle.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
BroncosFan":4m3fhzin said:
HawKnPeppa":4m3fhzin said:
BroncosFan":4m3fhzin said:

Flynn got paid far too much for 1 good regular season game. There's no hindsight involved there.

He made 6.5 mill in 2012. That puts him at #22 for projected starting QB's for that season. The ones below him on the list, besides Garrard and Henne (both didn't start) are either rookies, or on their rookie contracts. So yes, hindsight says he was overpaid since he was only a backup for us. But for a fringe starting caliber QB, he was making about the norm.

Crash123go

Reaction score
Hello Seattle fans!! Denver fan here who is a closet Seahawks fan lol. Super excited about John moffit coming Denver. Siliga is a decent DT that will make your team, he plays stronger then his 307lbs looks and is strictly a run stopper who doesn't do much in the pass rush department. I've been a fan of siliga since we picked him up but he wasnt going to make the team out of just numbers at DT

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Crash123go":2bxc5zh8 said:
Hello Seattle fans!! Denver fan here who is a closet Seahawks fan lol. Super excited about John moffit coming Denver. Siliga is a decent DT that will make your team, he plays stronger then his 307lbs looks and is strictly a run stopper who doesn't do much in the pass rush department. I've been a fan of siliga since we picked him up but he wasnt going to make the team out of just numbers at DT
Let me be the first to welcome you to the Net. I've always had a soft spot for Denver...TD was one of my favorites.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Crash123go":1ill0lj2 said:

I'm not being a wiseacre, but are you young enough that you didn't watch the Broncos back when the Seahawks were in the AFC West? I ask because it seems like those who are older like me (both Broncos and Seahawks fans) are bitter rivals. But those of the "new guard" have no problem being fans of both teams because they have 'always' been in the NFC since they started watching football (2000 or after).

It is a really interesting dynamic. Today's Seahawk fan bitterly hates the 49ers and Rams and Cardinals, but seems cool with AFC teams. Those of us from the old days hate the Broncos and Raiders (and to a lesser degree the Chiefs and Chargers) from our awful relationship in the 80's and early 90's.

The thing that irritates me about it all is that I moved to Utah and had the Broncos stuffed down my throat every week because we are in their region, and the only Seahawks games I would see live were against the Broncos and Raiders on MNF. So I continued to hate the Broncos even more. But if I had moved to Utah AND become an NFL fan in 2000 or after, I think I would have been a-ok with supporting the Broncos in any game but games against Seattle. I probably would have taken them on as my "I'm fine with you" team because they are in the opposite conference.

In baseball I always had the Mariners, and then my NL team was always the SF Giants. In football as a kid I was always way into the Seahawks, and then liked the 49ers because they had Montana and then Steve Young (who was my childhood hero because he played at my eventual school BYU). Now I have to hate the 49ers because they are jerks in our conference. The whole thing was a mess to me. The Hawks belong in the AFC west, or they should have always been in the NFC west. You can't go flip-flopping conferences. I still think the Houston Astros are in the NL and the Brewers are in the AL. I can't keep it all straight!

godawg

Reaction score
Always hated the Donkeys with their mule faced QB who always seemed to beat us at the last minute. One day I'll get over it....

Crash123go

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1tveeqyd said:
Crash123go":1tveeqyd said:

I'm not being a wiseacre, but are you young enough that you didn't watch the Broncos back when the Seahawks were in the AFC West? I ask because it seems like those who are older like me (both Broncos and Seahawks fans) are bitter rivals. But those of the "new guard" have no problem being fans of both teams because they have 'always' been in the NFC since they started watching football (2000 or after).

It is a really interesting dynamic. Today's Seahawk fan bitterly hates the 49ers and Rams and Cardinals, but seems cool with AFC teams. Those of us from the old days hate the Broncos and Raiders (and to a lesser degree the Chiefs and Chargers) from our awful relationship in the 80's and early 90's.

The thing that irritates me about it all is that I moved to Utah and had the Broncos stuffed down my throat every week because we are in their region, and the only Seahawks games I would see live were against the Broncos and Raiders on MNF. So I continued to hate the Broncos even more. But if I had moved to Utah AND become an NFL fan in 2000 or after, I think I would have been a-ok with supporting the Broncos in any game but games against Seattle. I probably would have taken them on as my "I'm fine with you" team because they are in the opposite conference.

In baseball I always had the Mariners, and then my NL team was always the SF Giants. In football as a kid I was always way into the Seahawks, and then liked the 49ers because they had Montana and then Steve Young (who was my childhood hero because he played at my eventual school BYU). Now I have to hate the 49ers because they are jerks in our conference. The whole thing was a mess to me. The Hawks belong in the AFC west, or they should have always been in the NFC west. You can't go flip-flopping conferences. I still think the Houston Astros are in the NL and the Brewers are in the AL. I can't keep it all straight!
Ya I know it's weird that I'm a fan of teams that hated each other 20 years ago but there is a bond with no matter how good our teams will be we will always be disrespected by the media and the rest of the football world because we are not located in football world. We're built A LOT alike and Were young teams with a lot of future/present potential

Atradees

Reaction score
I thought it was a strange move from Shanahan to John Fox.

It has really worked out for the Broncos though.

Looks like you have built another great team.

It would be an interesting Superbowl with both of our teams in it.

A great storyline beginning with DangeRuss sharing the rookie TD record with Manning.

Moffitt came from the Badgers. That year we made a run on offensive lineman as a part of our rebuilding effort.

I had thought he had the make up to be a real good player. Maybe a change will help John. I'm am sure the potential is there though I didn't

know about any knee issues as reported by the Browns. From a fan's perspective- health wasn't an issue with Moffit.

It looks like pretty equal trade to me. A swap of two journeyman players who likely will not start. John had a close bond with Sweezy- the

guy who beat him out for starters role. I'd have to say that showed strength in his character.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3ieihx3q said:
Today's Seahawk fan bitterly hates the 49ers and Rams and Cardinals, but seems cool with AFC teams. Those of us from the old days hate the Broncos and Raiders (and to a lesser degree the Chiefs and Chargers) from our awful relationship in the 80's and early 90's.

The Hawks belong in the AFC west, or they should have always been in the NFC west. You can't go flip-flopping conferences.
The conference thing is history. It was weird when it happened, but it's done now. It is what it is.

I don't hate any of the AFCW teams now, at any level. I sports-hate our current NFCW rivals, I don't hate-hate them (although I have developed a serious dislike for the digits). The only team I hate-hate is Shitburger, and I HATE-HATE them.

C-Dub

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":34vxi2u6 said:
Rooster854":34vxi2u6 said:
Never a good idea to trade a player to the team you will meet in the Super Bowl

We didn't trade Moffitt to Cincinnati, we traded him to Denver.

:3:
Come on....let's be serious. Pryor is going to turn some heads in Oakland, and lead that underrated squad through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Atradees":3s096pzg said:

Actually they went from Shanahan to Josh McDaniels. And we can thak him for Earl Thomas

BroncosFan

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":326utwzp said:
Atradees":326utwzp said:

Actually they went from Shanahan to Josh McDaniels. And we can thak him for Earl Thomas

The trade itself wasn't that bad. A high 2nd for a 1st the next year is equal value. The problem was that Denver took a midget corner instead of a guy like LeSean McCoy with the pick that they traded for. Had McD taken McCoy, everyone would have won. It was one of many many bad picks by McDaniels. The trade itself wasn't horrible. It was the pick that failed.