More 49ers implosion awesomeness...

rlkats

Reaction score
I will tell you what Marvin. I will gladly take a Alex Smith type QB right now. Not saying we dont draft one (WE NEED TO) But watching Gabbery look like a qb has been refreshing. Watching kap look like a lost bodybuilder has been hard to watch.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":20ek8wr5 said:
I will tell you what Marvin. I will gladly take a Alex Smith type QB right now. Not saying we dont draft one (WE NEED TO) But watching Gabbery look like a qb has been refreshing. Watching kap look like a lost bodybuilder has been hard to watch.

It wasn't meant as a slight. That really is who he reminds me of right now and that ain't all bad. It's far, far better than I'd ever expected.

I mean hell....that TD to Torrey I THINK was his first to a WR. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Trade Gabbert to the Rams, I hear they need some help there. It would at least be good conversation till Fisher breaks him. I think Gabbert could be the guy in S.F. if given a real chance, the team plays for him, he has the skills obviously, just because he failed as a Jag does not mean he is terrible. A OC that takes advantage of what he does well and uses him that way versus forcing a player to do something he not comfortable doing is a mistake many teams make with players. He is a far cry better then anything you have available at this point and in better then anything you would get in the draft as well.

You could have the next Jim Plunkett, he was a beat up player and a disappointment in New England, didn't do to bad in Oakland now did he :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":5zxhfgh0 said:
Trade Gabbert to the Rams, I hear they need some help there. It would at least be good conversation till Fisher breaks him. I think Gabbert could be the guy in S.F. if given a real chance, the team plays for him, he has the skills obviously, just because he failed as a Jag does not mean he is terrible. A OC that takes advantage of what he does well and uses him that way versus forcing a player to do something he not comfortable doing is a mistake many teams make with players. He is a far cry better then anything you have available at this point and in better then anything you would get in the draft as well.

You could have the next Jim Plunkett, he was a beat up player and a disappointment in New England, didn't do to bad in Oakland now did he :)

I'm not writing him off completely as a possible starter, but Its a long road to travel from where he was in Jacksonville to quality starter. I guess I'm just not an instant believer, but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":2zdz9nt2 said:
rlkats":2zdz9nt2 said:

It wasn't meant as a slight. That really is who he reminds me of right now and that ain't all bad. It's far, far better than I'd ever expected.

Lol. But what a throw it was. Liked it. Maybe he will do it more now. And I know it was a slight. I agree with ya.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rlkats":1yxjg401 said:
Marvin49":1yxjg401 said:
rlkats":1yxjg401 said:

Lol. But what a throw it was. Liked it. Maybe he will do it more now. And I know it was a slight. I agree with ya.

He looks to me like someone who was thrown to the wolves at a young age and ruined his confidence but he was very young at the time. He now looks like the guy the Jags thought they may be drafting. A guy who has potential but will need to grow and learn.

As long as he doesn't wind up in a similar situation where he is asked to do everything and has good coaching his career might be salvageable and be the answer for you guys.

I certainly wouldn't count him out at this point but I would also be asking if the coaching staff in place are the best people to develop him or not.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3pakp5te said:
chris98251":3pakp5te said:

I'm not writing him off completely as a possible starter, but Its a long road to travel from where he was in Jacksonville to quality starter. I guess I'm just not an instant believer, but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

Find some old film of him at Missouri...he looked good there and it might actually give you hope.

I told you he was better than Kaepernick. Nobody believed me. He was almost destroyed by a horrible offensive line in Jacksonville. He started to throw the ball almost immediately after the snap and he didn't have very good receivers. He looked bad early on in Santa Clara because he still had that bad habit. Sitting really seems to have helped him. He has all the measureables and much better mechanics than Kaepernick. Gabbert's problems will be easy to fix.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Approved Writer (Matt Maiocco)":1wjyai17 said:
The 49ers got mighty full of themselves after their 26-20 victory over the Chicago Bears a week earlier. The 49ers were lucky to win that game after a blown field goal on the final play of regulation. The 49ers believed they were something special. Coach Jim Tomsula and his coaching staff failed miserably in putting together a plan and getting the team grounded and focused on the Browns.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/five-ta ... -cleveland

460x

Nothing working for Tomsula this year...

EkO4wpC

Marvin49

Reaction score
...I wasn't even mad watching that game.

My nightmare is them winning just enough to lose a top 10 pick and allowing ownership to think everything is hunky dory. The worse the fire, the better IMO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3fonuwx4 said:
^^ So what would you like to see change, Marv?

I love Jim Tomsula as a D-Line coach and MAYBE he could have been the guy to carry the torch if this was the same team...but it's not. Jim's NOT the guy to rebuild it.

They need a new HC. They need a QB. I don't buy into Blaine as the answer but I think he can be a solid backup. I don't know if the door is closed on Kap or not, but it certainly appears that way.

I don't want Baalke to leave because I think he's better than most give him credit for (Armstead and Tartt just from this past draft have looked good), but if it requires losing Baalke to attract a great coach...then that's what it has to be.

If they let Kap, Brooks (really not playing well), and Bethea (injured and replaced by Tartt) go, they'll have upwards of 60+ mil in cap room.

I am not a proponent of building in Free Agency...but that number at the very least makes things interesting.

Laloosh

Reaction score
$60,000,000 could buy some nice toys.

I think York daydreams about hiring Pete away from Seattle. You think he secretly wishes he had Pete and John rather than Baalke and Jim Tom?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3pu1kdss said:
$60,000,000 could buy some nice toys.

I think York daydreams about hiring Pete away from Seattle. You think he secretly wishes he had Pete and John rather than Baalke and Jim Tom?

LOL.

No idea.

Jville

Reaction score
Some 49ers sponsors having trouble giving away corporate seats >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/12/21/10637522/some-49ers-sponsors-having-trouble-giving-away-corporate-seats[/urltargetblank]

CWtM3IUUsAAX0uK
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyson_frantz/status/678982468452548610[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyson_frantz/status/678927002825531392[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":2h0tgxv8 said:
Some 49ers sponsors having trouble giving away corporate seats >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/12/21/10637522/some-49ers-sponsors-having-trouble-giving-away-corporate-seats[/urltargetblank]

CWtM3IUUsAAX0uK
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyson_frantz/status/678982468452548610[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/tyson_frantz/status/678927002825531392[/tweet]
Sucks to be them! 8)
Long live Jedthro York! :th2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I think they beat one record, something dropped faster then the great crash of the market during the depression, seat value at Levi Stadium :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":23y9wv32 said:
Well I think they beat one record, something dropped faster then the great crash of the market during the depression, seat value at Levi Stadium :)

Lightly used seats at that...what a deal.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"Good seats still available"
yeah, a LOT of them.

You da man Jedthro. Please don't ever sell. As long as you own the franchise it's 2 guaranteed wins per season for my Hawks. Oh, don't forget that your Bobo boy Trent is doing a fine job, fine job! Reward him by keeping him on indefinitely!

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3mvqd55y said:
"Good seats still available"
yeah, a LOT of them.

You da man Jedthro. Please don't ever sell. As long as you own the franchise it's 2 guaranteed wins per season for my Hawks. Oh, don't forget that your Bobo boy Trent is doing a fine job, fine job! Reward him by keeping him on indefinitely!

On that thought I read a story that he ( Trent) is also coaching the DB's as well, teaching them technique :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
They really should consider not using the term "The Faithful".

Latest posts