More 49ers implosion awesomeness...

Jville

Reaction score
Holly Marville!

So Paraag Marathe got caught up in the latest spin cycle?

These 49er stories sustain a continually smoldering saga. And although one head of a three headed 49er monster may have been wounded and replaced with another, who is to say that this latest chapter is not just another iteration of York driven diversions? Diversions that facilitate the goal of getting fans and media interests to pay as much as possible while encouraging them to settle for as little as possible in the way of product and results. A goal consistent with that of maximizing margins for the York family.

Perhaps the York family is more interested and attentive to their newest investments and ventures than they are in attending to the daily grind of sustaining a football franchise. I think Jed in particular is preoccupied with venture and investment capitalism. New ventures that grow the York empire appear to be what excites Jed. And, he certainly has an eye for acquiring and building monopolies.

The York family owns the franchise, the brand and 49er fans everywhere. 49er ownership is, to a large degree, beyond reproach. And, 49er fans have simply become a lower priority on the York's expanding list of things to do.

IMO ..... It is just the way things are.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":3ouah04f said:
Holly Marville!

So Paraag Marathe got caught up in the latest spin cycle?

These 49er stories sustain a continually smoldering saga. And although one head of a three headed 49er monster may have been wounded and replaced with another, who is to say that this latest chapter is not just another iteration of York driven diversions? Diversions that facilitate the goal of getting fans and media interests to pay as much as possible while encouraging them to settle for as little as possible in the way of product and results. A goal consistent with that of maximizing margins for the York family.

Perhaps the York family is more interested and attentive to their newest investments and ventures than they are in attending to the daily grind of sustaining a football franchise. I think Jed in particular is preoccupied with venture and investment capitalism. New ventures that grow the York empire appear to be what excites Jed. And, he certainly has an eye for acquiring and building monopolies.

The York family owns the franchise, the brand and 49er fans everywhere. 49er ownership is, to a large degree, beyond reproach. And, 49er fans have simply become a lower priority on the York's expanding list of things to do.

IMO ..... It is just the way things are.

Keep it up and Guido may send you one of these..............

The godfather horse head

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":nkarsgt1 said:
Popeyejones":nkarsgt1 said:
^^^^ I'm basically indifferent to Marathe being demoted. I don't think anyone actually knows enough about him to know if it matters or not.

Here's what I DO FIND entertaining and hilarious about this though:

With this news yet again we have another data point as to why nobody should ever listen to Tim Kawakami. :lol:

Explanation:

The reporting on this came from two sources, Matt Maiocco for the Marathe demotion, and a Niners Nation writer for the Tomsula and Marathe feud causing Tomsula to miss his presser on Wednesday. There's also some rumors flying around that it's both Tomsula and Baalke who are having a problem with Marathe.

What's friggin hilarious about this is that if all this reporting is to be believed (which Kawakami himself believes), it turns out that everything Kawakami has been saying this year was, like usual, total BS.

Kawakami has spent the last six weeks or so pushing the hell out of his "scapegoat" list, and according to him this whole time Marathe was totally untouchable, whereas Tomsula was next man up on the scapegoat list. He then hedged and said next man up might be Baalke, and that the only true totally untouchable to Jed York was Marathe.

Well, it turns out that as discerning followers of bay area media already know, Kawakami continues to have no idea what's going on inside the building w/ the 9ers, and per usual is just throwing out BS and insisting it's based on anything but bombast-for-clicks.

The (according to Kawkami) entirely untouchable Marathe just got demoted in deference to Tomsula, and maybe in deference to Baalke too. Way to go, sage!

It will be fun to watch Kawakami spend the next month re-spinning this as him always being right again. :lol:
So it seems that Spin class with Marvin is going well?

You guys are in desperate need of a new joke.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":wyewogcl said:
Marvin49":wyewogcl said:
You guys are in desperate need of a new joke.

And you're in desperate need of a new owner.
LMAO! Thread winner right there ^^^ :th2thumbs:

Though I'm hoping Jedthro lives to the age of 200 and runs the Niners every second of that long life.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Optimus25":eferbjou said:

From webzone, this is the Santa Clara toilet fifteen minutes prior to kickoff...
Not surprising since the 49ers priced out a ton of there long time fan base with the ridiculous licensing fee they put in place when they built the stadium. I never plan to give up my seats but if the Seahawks come to me requesting a few thousand dollars on top of my ticket price I would be out. Most of those seats are no longer filled by the longtime season ticket holders. I hate the 49ers but the people in the stadium now are way different than what was there a few years ago.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":bq8degw7 said:
.........The real question is Jed York going to bring in a real front office football guys that has the credibility to repair operations, Baalke is on borrowed time I think now.

Who are they going to bring in as President? They hire the GM and he hires the Coach and works the player aspect.....
My opinion of people like York are that they surround themselves with yes men (Tony Gwynn called them "Bobos") to make themselves feel powerful and in control and feed their never quenched egos. I believe this franchise will be poor as long as he's involved in the operations with occasional decent years thrown in.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3n9ub4a7 said:
chris98251":3n9ub4a7 said:
.........The real question is Jed York going to bring in a real front office football guys that has the credibility to repair operations, Baalke is on borrowed time I think now.

Who are they going to bring in as President? They hire the GM and he hires the Coach and works the player aspect.....
My opinion of people like York are that they surround themselves with yes men (Tony Gwynn called them "Bobos") to make themselves feel powerful and in control and feed their never quenched egos. I believe this franchise will be poor as long as he's involved in the operations with occasional decent years thrown in.
That's what Howard Lincoln has done with the Mariners. The way the Niners are run and the way the Mariners have been run since Lincoln's arrival are very similar.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
gabbert is going to win this game right now.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
watch. this kid looks like he might be a viable NFL QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm not. Gould handed them a win by not hitting a chip shot. Chicago is still not a very good team.

TAB420

Reaction score
Good, a few more meaningless wins and that should end their hopes of getting a stud in the draft.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Nice win for them yesterday and Gabbert actually looks the part of an NFL QB.......certainly better than anything the Rams have for example. And yeah without Gould gagging it doesn't happen, but 9ers took advantage of it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3e56jlbl said:
Nice win for them yesterday and Gabbert actually looks the part of an NFL QB.......certainly better than anything the Rams have for example. And yeah without Gould gagging it doesn't happen, but 9ers took advantage of it.

Yeah...Gabbert has looked far, far better than I'd ever expected...which is to say he's looked serviceable. Not the long term answer by a longshot.

He reminds me of Alex Smith right now...although I don't think Alex ever hit a deep receiver the way Gabbert did to finish that game.