More appealing job: JAX or LA?

Rambitious

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3ggmmy9u said:
JACKSONVILLE. Owner doesn't meddle and gives regime time. If you and Caldwell don't clash, it's a GREAT opportunity. Roster that's better than it performs. Young QB who showed promise but regressed, good chance he could rebound. Low expectations, incoming high high draft picks. Go to Jacksonville, bring them an 8-8, enjoy 3 years of job security.

Your first two sentences don't make any sense.

As Kronke (Rams Owner) doesn't meddle and gives regime time. Plus Kronke has tons more money.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
There are far more babes in SoCal, so if I were a coach, that would be a strong argument for the Rams.

Then again...

[youtube]QxkKlzInR4Y[/youtube]

But on the other hand I couldn't stomach the Jags helmets. Gross.

mrt144

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":7d6t0trt said:
5_Golden_Rings":7d6t0trt said:
There are far more babes in SoCal, so if I were a coach, that would be a strong argument for the Rams.

Sounds like someone needs a trip to Miami Beach. ;)

How many hours away is that from Jacksonville?

mrt144

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":16ttofre said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/814215606345953280[/tweet]

Holy crap, he looks at least 10 years younger than ancient with that new hair do.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think both jobs are fairly appealing from an ownership standpoint. Bradley and Fisher both had plenty of time to win. When judging by the rosters, both teams also have potential franchise QBs that need a lot of development (one needs more than the other). The Rams have more talent on defense and the Jags have more talent on offense. If I had to choose just based on the rosters, I'd pick the Jaguars because Bortles appears to be a better bet to turn into a good QB than Goff.

If we're comparing things that could change quickly in a few years, such as current rosters, then we should also compare divisions. The Jags play in an easier division than the Rams. A coach taking over for the Jags or Rams is much more likely to reach the playoffs in the AFC South than they are in the NFC West.

From a non-football perspective, I agree with the arguments about Jacksonville, particularly the taxes, cost of living (particularly house prices), and traffic. You could get a much bigger house in Jacksonville than in Los Angeles for the same price.

With all that said, I'd be worried about the future of the Jaguars in Jacksonville. They don't draw fans very well (losing obviously doesn't help) and they already give up one home game a year to play in London. I think if the NFL really wants to move to London (I hope not), the Jaguars are going to be the team to do it.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Yes higher taxes in LA, but if you get a salary that is 10% higher (likely) then it won't matter significantly

2) Kroenke gave Fisher time but I would say the last 2-3 years were tied to the fact that they were moving. How will he be with a new coach this go around when the new Stadium comes up? Nobody knows

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If you've always wanted to visit London, then Jacksonville.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It's LA and it's not even close.

Kroenke wants to win, he's going to start spending the money. I think his exit from STL back to LA has been in the works for years leading up to this season.