MORE FRIGGIN BOBO!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
That timing margin of the QB getting the ball off vs taking a hard hit or sack is so small... Looking at Geno's TD throw to Bobo, Geno released it, then got hit a split second later.

I think the play you're talking about was about the 6:35 mark of the 4th quarter. It looked like Geno's internal alarm clock was going off, and his vision was potentially obscured in a compressed pocket where he couldn't pick up Bobo, or perhaps didn't think Bobo had enough separation. It turned out Geno had perhaps another half-second to full-second to find Bobo. Geno chose Charbonnet, hoping Charbonnet could make a guy miss and get the first, but Carolina's pursuit was too quick to the ball. Maybe Geno thought a throw to Bobo could potentially get popped up by a closing defender hitting Bobo as the ball arrived, with risk of a tipped pick. That's the reality for an NFL QB, razor-thin margins to make a decision. I'm sure glad I don't have to make decisions that quick in everyday life!
Yeah, I wasn't criticizing Geno for the play, just commenting that Bobo is doing in the regular season, what it looked like he was capable of in the preseason. He just needs the opportunities, which will come, and he will be a steal of the 2023 draft process.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm going to get chastised for this, but I think Bobo has a stronger presence on the field than Smith-Njigba. Guy definitely needs more playing time.
Not really a reason for chastisement, Defenses have likely been expecting/gearing/prepping up more for JSN and less focus on Bobo means he's likely to be more open.
I think Bobo's hard blocking and soft hands serves him well & is a pleasant surprise in the Scatter-Gun play.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Great win...especially under the injury circumstances...

LTH
Nobody mentioned:

His footwork staying in was A THING OF F'ING BEAUTY!!!!!!.

THAT is some competition for magic-feet-16, for sure if he keeps it up!

There are officially 2 members of the magical 2 toe tap club. Bobo and L!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This was cool and I was happy Tyler got the ball for Bobo. For some reason I care about that sort of thing. :)

My god, do I love Geno Smith.

I've now seen this and the JSN coaching up small clip from last game.

This is Golden leadership shit.

We are just Fing lucky as hell to have Geno at the helm. Hell - I'd run through a wall for him.

We were in the middle of the Sahara with a leadership drought for a decade.

SO NICE to see this.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Nobody mentioned:

I did .

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I like the face avatars the best. It’s weird talking to a pair of boobs, so when they’re not yours

Yeah, I agree, it's weird talking to pair of boobs. I wouldn't do that even if I could talk. I don't sign to boobs in ASL either, especially when there's much more fun to be had with boobs.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, it's weird talking to pair of boobs. I wouldn't do that even if I could talk. I don't sign to boobs in ASL either, especially when there's much more fun to be had with boobs.

Your wife looks angry Here. You arent bad looking yourself, what is she angry at?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
You won't. I see it too and I suspect many others do too.
Bobo is playing like a player that needs to be there, wants to be there, is grateful to be there, and is happy to have the chance to play NFL Football. JSN (if you look at his body language) is playing like a guy who feels like he is entitled to be there based on what he's done in the past, and is pouting that he's not the major focus on this team.

Reactions: LTH

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Bobo is playing like a player that needs to be there, wants to be there, is grateful to be there, and is happy to have the chance to play NFL Football. JSN (if you look at his body language) is playing like a guy who feels like he is entitled to be there based on what he's done in the past, and is pouting that he's not the major focus on this team.
Good breakdown. Maybe not correct, but you may be. Time will tell.

But yeah, I'm on the Bobo train more than I am the JSN train, which I never really was on to begin with.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Nobody mentioned:

I think Bobo has a real chance to make some major contributions. I've seen Geno miss a couple of opportunities with Bobo hopefully Waldren draws up some plays for him I just think if the Hawks can get him more involved it's goingbto make this O that much more difficult to defend.

LTH

CouchLogic

Reaction score
This was cool and I was happy Tyler got the ball for Bobo. For some reason I care about that sort of thing. :)

I love this because Geno not only delivers on his words, but finds him in the back of the EZ on a toe tapper, lol. Couldn't hit him up on something a little easier Mr. Smith, Damn. Haha.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'd like to see some more figg'n JSN
I agree - and after watching a couple video clips - I think Geno knows that he needs to FIND both Bobo and JSN more -

I hope he gets it.... seemed like he did....

Geno bust out of the 14/16 shell and lets get everyone the ball -

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I agree - and after watching a couple video clips - I think Geno knows that he needs to FIND both Bobo and JSN more -

I hope he gets it.... seemed like he did....

Geno bust out of the 14/16 shell and lets get everyone the ball -
I really like the Bobo kid and probably made one of the first Bobo threads, but JSN is, well is special. Both will have great careers here. I see Bobo being super clutch in 3rd downs and Goal line situations.

Latest posts