More than 6 WR?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":17o8ri0k said:
thanks Missou....i was around WAY back when....site looked different back when Holmgren took over....not sure if Aros is still around these days....most of my time was spent back racking my brain and trying to figure out how Seattle would make the playoffs.....now I'm thinking back to back or three-peat....!!
Aros and most the old guys are here. I'm the new girl just hanging out with the guys.:)

themunn

Reaction score
Anthony!":15fldtlf said:
Okay so we are going to play word games now, absolutely, really I said they have been looking for a big wr for some time. I also stated unless a smaller one blows the door off size will matter. Yes ability will matter but so will size, if you have 2 wr for one spot 1 is under 6 foot the other over 6 foot, and everything else is equal you will take the bigger guy. Even if everything else is not equal and the under 6 foot is slightly better but you already have 2 guys who can do what that under 6 foot wr can do, you will go with the bigger wr because you do not have a bunch of big wr.

That is the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read. The reason big WRs are sought after is because they can reach balls that other players can't (in theory, in practice they are often sloppy at high pointing the ball, route running and making the catches that a smaller players can because they've spent their HS and college careers getting by on their physical attributes and not football ability - this is why there are so few tall WRs in the league).

If all things are equal you go with the guy who'll give you the best chance to win. All things will never be equal though, Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin made catches last year that many 6'4 receivers couldn't make because of their agility, yet made the same catches a 6'4 receiver could make because they battle for and highpoint the ball.

That's what the FO is looking for.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":14sda1dn said:
hawkfan68":14sda1dn said:
MizzouHawkGal":14sda1dn said:
Tical21":14sda1dn said:
It would not surprise me at all if Kearse leads this team in receiving TD's. Russell trusts him more with the 50/50 balls than any other receivers we have. He is the only receiver that we throw the back shoulder fade to when covered. That guy is a difference maker for us.
That Super Bowl catch is the stuff of legend.

That was a nice play but I believe his TD catch in the NFCCG was even better. That was the game changer right there.
Not going to argue that. Point is we're not dumping Kearse.Tall is nice but clutch and grit are better....remember Largent?

I agree with you...Kearse is a sure lock to make the team. He would have to revert back to pre-2013-14 for him to lose his standing. Steve Largent was one of the main reasons I became a Seahawk fan.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
don't forget the catch in the opener vs Carolina, we were completely outplayed in that game and forced a couple of timely turnovers and made the big plays we needed to....It kept us with home field advantage throughout, although I felt like we would've won at Carolina or SF if we needed to in the playoffs last year......Kearse is a big play.

Tical21

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2dlgm0l3 said:
Tical21":2dlgm0l3 said:
It would not surprise me at all if Kearse leads this team in receiving TD's.

I see little chance of that happening. Would you like to put some money/odds on it or just pride/internet bet between 12s?
Remember that I didn't say I would make him the betting favorite, just that it wouldn't surprise me. He tied for the team lead last year if you include the postseason. Percy probably has to miss some time for him to have a real shot. But sure, if you can come up with a bet I'll be happy to play along.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":br75gvff said:
Well documented by whom...the FANS? I can't remember PC/JS ever stating they absolutely must have a big WR. They've more or less cut those guys in the last 2 years or let them walk away: 6-5 BMW, 6-4 Durham, 6-1 Obomanu, 6-1 Harper, 6-5 Williams, and 6-3 Rice.

And drafting a big WR didn't seem like a priority in a draft full of them.

So to me height doesn't take the precedent over actual ability.

Beside a lot of you guys are still underrating Luke Willson, who is probably the best WR on team over 6'1.

And now that McCoy likely won't play, you're looking at one of the athletic receiving TEs making the roster who more or less are "BIG WRs"

Cooper Helfet, Rashaun Allen, and presumably Morrell Presley (since he's been practicing at TE).
Luke Willson is criminally underrated. I felt he was the best surprise on the team last season. The only thing preventing him from being a star is limited opportunities just like Miller has been under-utilized.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Reports from TC and practices are that Kevin Smith is doing well. However, I don't recall seeing him in action in the pre-season games so far. Has he even played?