Mort: Niners interested in moving up for Mike Evans?

chris98251

Reaction score
Actually having that many picks and redshirting guys so to speak much like us may be the new trend in safely drafting if you have the depth to get away with it and evaluate well. Guys that are ready or can compete get a few reps and IR etc, guys that showed good promise on football injured list like Simon. We lose a guy and he has a year in the system to see and get a NFL body so he can contribute and maintain his confidence and it makes the front office look great.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think Sherm was not 100% healthy in the middle of the season and that was part of why Hilton went off on us. That said dude can play.

I refuse to go see Draft Day since they have the Seahawks as the worst team in the NFL and Leary (I think) in the previews I saw says "....the difference is that in Dallas we won". Seattle just won the Super Bowl and Dullass has been shit for 20 years. That's the kind of attitude that I'm sick to death of from the greater media.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":lgkhchy1 said:
I refuse to go see Draft Day since they have the Seahawks as the worst team in the NFL and Leary (I think) in the previews I saw says "....the difference is that in Dallas we won". Seattle just won the Super Bowl and Dullass has been shit for 20 years. That's the kind of attitude that I'm sick to death of from the greater media.

Tumblr ma1n09NVIL1qap72po1 500

Just go see it. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":17jgw4b4 said:
Actually having that many picks and redshirting guys so to speak much like us may be the new trend in safely drafting if you have the depth to get away with it and evaluate well. Guys that are ready or can compete get a few reps and IR etc, guys that showed good promise on football injured list like Simon. We lose a guy and he has a year in the system to see and get a NFL body so he can contribute and maintain his confidence and it makes the front office look great.
It certainly is the goal of any good FO but it's rare to be able to draft so well year in and year out. It's how top college programs remain elite but in the NFL the talent pool is so much smaller and the roster size is something like half of a Division 1 school which works against the model without even factoring in what effect the salary cap has.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2q9f4h56 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2q9f4h56 said:

Tumblr ma1n09NVIL1qap72po1 500

Just go see it. :)
Not happenin' brother and you can't shame me into it. Good effort though. :D

JZ#1

Reaction score
I don't think Evans is worth trading up for and don't see him having that much success in the NFL. If you are willing to move up for Evans you might as well move up for a much better prospect in Watkins. Honestly, I like Beckham Jr way more than Evans.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3v92qbt8 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3v92qbt8 said:
Not happenin' brother and you can't shame me into it. Good effort though. :D
What valid and logical reasoning do you have to avoid it?
Kevin Costner. At least Jennifer Garner actually still can breathe and be classified as alive. He's such a bad actor that I'm seriously convinced he's a zombie.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7jpn58m3 said:
Of course.. this is the time of year where no one tells the truth..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2042 ... g-national

Ain't that the truth!...hehe.

I don't see us trading up this season. It is supposed to be a deep draft at OL and WR, two areas of need for us, in which conventional wisdom says to trade down in, not up, in this buyer's market that supposedly exists. Plus thanks to the Percy Harvin trade, we don't have a 3rd rounder this season.

But I do like Mike Evans, and if he were to slip into the 20's, I wouldn't mind trading a mid round pick to move up a couple of spots for. Same goes for one of those top 3 OT's, if one of them happens to fall into a range where we might be able to snag one.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2oaqux6q said:
I expect the 49ers to move up, they have like 774 picks. They can't possibly sign the entire 2014 draft. So I figure they trade a 6th rounder to Baltimore so they don't go into cap hell.

They don't have a 6th...already traded it for Blaine Gabbert. :D

This is a smokescreen. No way do they move up that high. They have a ton of picks and the ammunition to get there, but they need a WR, 1 or 2 corners, a safety for the future, O-Line depth, D-Line depth, a kick returner....

IE, they have too many needs right now to give up all their picks to move that high.

They may move up, but I'd expect it to be into the late teens/early 20's for a CB, not a WR.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":2pxgdvo0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2pxgdvo0 said:
I expect the 49ers to move up, they have like 774 picks. They can't possibly sign the entire 2014 draft. So I figure they trade a 6th rounder to Baltimore so they don't go into cap hell.

This is a smokescreen. No way do they move up that high. They have a ton of picks and the ammunition to get there, but they need a WR, 1 or 2 corners, a safety for the future, O-Line depth, D-Line depth, a kick returner....

IE, they have too many needs right now to give up all their picks to move that high.

They may move up, but I'd expect it to be into the late teens/early 20's for a CB, not a WR.
This, ^^^^^ especially in a deep draft.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1wsbf7k3 said:
Marvin49":1wsbf7k3 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1wsbf7k3 said:

This, ^^^^^ especially in a deep draft.

...and BTW....they have already budgeted for the draft picks against the cap. If they somehow ended up with 3 or 4 1st rounders (won't happen...just making extreme example) they'd still be able to pay them. Carlos Rogers was designated a post-June 1 cut, so they will get a several million in cap space back after June 1st.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":3bnrlzkx said:
MizzouHawkGal":3bnrlzkx said:

They may move up, but I'd expect it to be into the late teens/early 20's for a CB, not ja WR.
You totally missed the joke...6th round pick----Baltimore---Boldin, wink wink.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1khkho44 said:
Marvin49":1khkho44 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1khkho44 said:

They may move up, but I'd expect it to be into the late teens/early 20's for a CB, not ja WR.
You totally missed the joke...6th round pick----Baltimore---Boldin, wink wink.

I got it. That's why I smiled. :D