Most hated Seahawk

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Come on, I know there's a lot of bitterness about Russel, but isn't there a guy from out past that just made you irate?

For me it was Rick (PLEASE RETIRE) Mirer! God he was awful, but we were so committed to the mistaken pick.

Remember those glory days?

It was so long ago and he was so insignificant, there's little footage of the guy to be found.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hated? It never ceases to amaze me how many people have such a broad definition of the term, or at least a lot broader than what I think of the word as meaning. There's not too many people of whom I truly hate, in other words, that I wish were dead.

As far as Mirer goes, for a busted #2 overall draft pick, we got a pretty good reimbursement, so there's not nearly as much to wring our hands about than other failed picks/trades.

Torc

Reaction score
I don't think much about Mirer - the QB I think about from that era is Stouffer. I remained convinced that if Stouffer had been given time to develop under Knox he would have been a good QB post-Krieg. So much to hate about the Behring/Flores time, Mirer is just a small part of that.

Ken Behring is my most hated Seahawk. :p

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Ken Behring is a solid choice.

Yeah maybe "hate" is too strong of a word, but maybe "most infuriating", is more appropriate?

I just mean guys we wasted too much time or resources on, that you feel the Seahawks stubbornly tried to make work. Every team has guys like that at some point.

It sure was hard to love Shaun Alexander after his big re-signing, when production stopped and he retired with the big bucks, that never translated into team success.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I do seem to remember Jim Mora Jr. being run out on a rail as well. Another worthy candidate.

I guess if mediocrity is infuriating, sticking with Dennis Erickson so long makes him another candidate, on the coaching side anyway.

I doubt anyone would pick him, but I recall after Holmgren's first two years, most of the forum here and Seahawk fandom in general were not bought in and wanted to run him out on a rail. Then he took us to our first Superb Owl and all was forgiven.

Rat

Reaction score
Boone Stutz was a hard guy to like for someone named Boone Stutz. On the plus side, I never took long snapper for granted ever again.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
2 not players... the idiot GM who gave Hutch the Trans tag
2nd.. THe Oakland Raiders coach who was here.. hated that guy. (Tom Flores?)

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Sorry...But, the self-serving actions of @DangerPuss really kind of made it personal to me

Hate? No...but hoping to see him fail going forward. So fake...I bet that his off season knee surgery was actually "Liposuction" on that sack of potatoes.

Mick063

Reaction score
Ken Behring was ready to back in the moving trucks. Earl Thomas pleaded to the Cowboys to "come get me" while wearing a Seahawk uniform and then flipped off his bench on the way out. Russell Wilson was as cringy as a person could get and appealed to ownership to get his management fired. I don't "hate" them, but they certainly have altered my perception in a way that they can never be redeemed.

Bobby Wagner and Richrd Sherman never triggered me when they played elsewhere. Even when they made "told ya so" displays on the playing field. They are forever enshrined in my personal Seahawk Hall of Fame.

I have unbridled fan affection for Kam Chancellor and Cliff Avril. I personally believe that those two are not nearly respected enough for their enormous contributions.

BASF

Reaction score
Terreal Bierria and it isn't even close. He even beat a murder rap. Talentless jerk.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rather than 'hate', I'd suggest that "extreme dislike" would be a more appropriate term, and yes, Ken Behring would be a perfect fit for it.

I wouldn't put Kam up on a pedestal. One year into a five year extension, he embarked on a very selfish holdout that IMO helped contribute to the demise of the LOB era.

Speaking of selfish, I agree with putting Percy Harvin on the list. I also have to put Hutch on it. And yes, as much as I loved him as a player, Earl has to go on it, too. Flipping off your coach, especially one like Pete, on national TV has to be one of the most classless acts by a Hawk player.

I would have to have a separate category for Russell. He's one of the most decent guys we've had so I can't say that I have an extreme dislike for him, but he's also an insincere charlatan who changed his spirt from the 'Go Hawks!' to 'Team 3.' Loss of respect seems more appropriate.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Surprised Shaun Alexander hasn't been mentioned yet.
The amount of hate he gets on here is ridiculous.