Most hated Seahawk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Chancellor hold out thing has got to be more than a just a standard hold out, at least to me, now that I think about it.

I gotta think had Seattle won the Super Bowl, Chancellor, would have never held out.

Hear me on this.

I think symbolically, and possibly, Chancellor, holding out was a metaphor for the defense unraveling because of how Seattle lost that Super Bowl.

More or less, Chancellor, “took one for the defense” and held out cause the team took a loss in the biggest game of their lives, for no reason. Yes, for no reason.

Chancellor was the team head figure that “commanded” the most respect and he represented a still very angry team that wanted the front office and those that make the football decisions to understand, they may have lost the team.

I don’t know.

Like a deeper level meaning behind this hold out.

Since Chandellor was undeniably the leader of the team, he personally, took it upon himself to let the FO know, they really, really, screwed up.

I don’t know.

I just gotta think Chancellor held out for more reasons than just “money.”

That Super Bowl loss destroyed the team and the culture. And I gotta think Chancellor holding out may have been understood by more players in that locker room than we here on dot net could ever know. Those players probably understand why Chancellor did it to begin with.
I think some of it was about the money. Cary Williams offseason signing had a lot to do with it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ken Behring was ready to back in the moving trucks. Earl Thomas pleaded to the Cowboys to "come get me" while wearing a Seahawk uniform and then flipped off his bench on the way out. Russell Wilson was as cringy as a person could get and appealed to ownership to get his management fired. I don't "hate" them, but they certainly have altered my perception in a way that they can never be redeemed.

Bobby Wagner and Richrd Sherman never triggered me when they played elsewhere. Even when they made "told ya so" displays on the playing field. They are forever enshrined in my personal Seahawk Hall of Fame.

I have unbridled fan affection for Kam Chancellor and Cliff Avril. I personally believe that those two are not nearly respected enough for their enormous contributions.
He did more then back them up, they were on their way to Alameda county and got turned around, in fact they may have made it there and came back. It was that close.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
1. Russell Wilson
2. Ken Behring
3. Percy Harvin
4. Tom Flores
5. Brian Bosworth

Flores? I mean, he was an over the hill hire by the worst owner in franchise history who's intent was probably to run the team into the ground to make it easier to move it to LA.

So kinda hard to hate on Flores. He was old and hamstrung by an owner who wanted to lose.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The Chancellor hold out thing has got to be more than a just a standard hold out, at least to me, now that I think about it.

I gotta think had Seattle won the Super Bowl, Chancellor, would have never held out.

Hear me on this.

I think symbolically, and possibly, Chancellor, holding out was a metaphor for the defense unraveling because of how Seattle lost that Super Bowl.

More or less, Chancellor, “took one for the defense” and held out cause the team took a loss in the biggest game of their lives, for no reason. Yes, for no reason.

Chancellor was the team head figure that “commanded” the most respect and he represented a still very angry team that wanted the front office and those that make the football decisions to understand, they may have lost the team.

I don’t know.

Like a deeper level meaning behind this hold out.

Since Chandellor was undeniably the leader of the team, he personally, took it upon himself to let the FO know, they really, really, screwed up.

I don’t know.

I just gotta think Chancellor held out for more reasons than just “money.”

That Super Bowl loss destroyed the team and the culture. And I gotta think Chancellor holding out may have been understood by more players in that locker room than we here on dot net could ever know. Those players probably understand why Chancellor did it to begin with.
I agree with many of your points.

The telling part. If you want to summarize the whole thing, along with the unravelling premise - you can think of 3 things related to this:

1 - Lynch repped Kam's jersey during the holdout. There was video of PC walking by him wearing it at practise.

2 - Russell wasn't black enough according to Lynch. I think this was just the simple corporate vs. workers thing. It did seem like both with the jersey and the comments about Russell, it was players against front office, as you mention.

3 - During around the time of the same practice, there was a video of him walking by the same defense. He looks in the general direction of them, as he was walking past Lynch. The comment that was made to Lynch with the defense around, after saying something he wanted done: "Hey, well you guys don't listen to me anyways.....".

So, I think you're spot on.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sebastian Janikowski.

Remember his “let me get out of the way” and not make any effort to tackle or even slow down or stop the runner??

What a bum.

Jon Ryan would have tried to hit stick the returner.

You don’t necessarily need to be a “good/great” player, but you damn sure need to have some attitude and show effort when it comes to playing football.

You can get beat (and people will understand), just don’t backdown 100 percent. That’s the highest sin in football. That makes football fans angry.
True - and as far as kickers go.....

Gotta throw Josh Brown on the pile. I've said it before and I'll say it again - felt like I had been cheering for a complete douchebag after the domestic stuff came out. What can Brown do for you? Apparently beat up on his wife. Douche.

rcaido

Reaction score
Kam was all about himself. He wanted more money even though he was the highest paid safety at the time he sign his contract. 1 year later he was like no, i want more then this chump Cary Williams. Which we all can agree with, but no one else sat out. Even Bennett was like yeah ill make some noise and sit out preseason games but during game time, my wife wont let me.

Kam cost us 2015 with the slow start. We went 0-2 in that stupid holdout.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Julius Jones?

Brian Russell?

Kelly Jennings?

RiverDog

Reaction score
What? Kam was the big brother that all the guys looked up to. You actually hate Kam? That's a strange one. But do you.
I don't 'hate' Kam, or any other player. As I mentioned before, I have a much narrower definition of of the term than others in this thread.

But Kam deserves to be on the list. Just one year into signing a contract extension, Kam held out and disrupted the beginning of our 2015 season. It was a very selfish act that was arguably the beginning of the end of our LOB era. He was never the same player when he came back.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
This is dot net. Adams is the whipping boy now that the previous QB is gone. And there probably isn't a close second.
I think people are still holding out hope but you are right, it's no fun seeing him as our donkey deal.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Flores? I mean, he was an over the hill hire by the worst owner in franchise history who's intent was probably to run the team into the ground to make it easier to move it to LA.

So kinda hard to hate on Flores. He was old and hamstrung by an owner who wanted to lose.
Yeah but he made awful decisions.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kam was all about himself. He wanted more money even though he was the highest paid safety at the time he sign his contract. 1 year later he was like no, i want more then this chump Cary Williams. Which we all can agree with, but no one else sat out. Even Bennett was like yeah ill make some noise and sit out preseason games but during game time, my wife wont let me.

Kam cost us 2015 with the slow start. We went 0-2 in that stupid holdout.

I’m sorry what?

Not wanting to risk injury for pay you don’t feel your worth is not Kam’s fault. You seen what happened after, imagine that happened and he didn’t get paid. It’d be what happened to Earl but 100x worse.

rcaido

Reaction score
I’m sorry what?

Not wanting to risk injury for pay you don’t feel your worth is not Kam’s fault. You seen what happened after, imagine that happened and he didn’t get paid. It’d be what happened to Earl but 100x worse.
He was the top highest paid safety when he signed his contract right after the superbowl. Then 1 season later you want to re-negotiate? Seriously?

Kam did not get paid, he actually played thru his contract after the hold out. Then they extended him and then he got injured. Very different from Earl. Earl was playing on his last year contract. He never sat out games. He wanted security or requested a trade. Seattle choose to wait and Earl got hurt. We ended up losing a potential 2nd round pick but luckily Thomas was still able to get paid by the Ravens.

BASF

Reaction score
Russell wasn't black enough according to Lynch. I think this was just the simple corporate vs. workers thing. It did seem like both with the jersey and the comments about Russell, it was players against front office, as you mention.
It was not Lynch that started the not black enough crap about Wilson. It was Percy Harvin that started it. That is why the rumors started after he was traded to get him out of our locker room.