Most insufferable fan bases

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All this writer gets is giant yawn.

If there was any balance in the article then there might be something to discuss. Haters will hate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":335nuaof said:
2nd most wins since 2011, you know, the same year he started coaching NFL again! That's why I don't even read these stories. Although, I do find some of the "SuperBowl" fans, you know the ones that didnt think the Seahawks existed before Russell Wilson and Marshawn came around, to be just as annoying as the author portrays them to be.

I think this is the fatal flaw as to why we're all of a sudden insufferable.

No one outside the NW gave a rat's ass to what we said or did for almost 40 years, so all of a sudden we're winning, talking a bunch of crap, being the #1 travel fanbase in the league taking over stadiums, etc.............when anybody who had ever been to the Kingdome or the Clink prior to the Pete Carroll era would have known that we've ALWAYS been an insane fanbase.

Same reasons other fans labeled us bandwagon fans when we started winning. Bunch of crap.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well to be fair, we are pretty full of ourselves. We essentially give ourselves credit for wins as another player.

And we believed we were the reason nobody could win in Seattle. (we being us in general)

And we looked down on other teams even though we were essentially a glorified wildcard team for the past 3 years.

And some people seem to act as if they are somehow better than other fans because their team is better at this or that.

But ultimately it has to go into the pile of "The opinions of other people shouldn't matter to you because who cares"

Whether they like us or hate us, I don't know them. So if it bothers them, so be it. Their opinions would have to matter for me to determine whether it made sense to make any change.

They don't.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3csd8zoi said:
Well to be fair, we are pretty full of ourselves. We essentially give ourselves credit for wins as another player..

Again though, typical all over the league. So to rank us as above any other recently successful fanbase for being insufferable isn't something I'm buying.

Yes, we had a LOT of new fans..............and we all know some in our friend and family circles that didn't give a rat's ass about the Hawks until 2012. Those fans probably accounted for 75% of the insufferable-ness online, in other stadiums and just in general.

Guarantee you the large majority of old school fans on here and everywhere in the NW aren't insufferable.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3b4vjpnu said:
All fan bases have fans on both ends of the spectrum.

/thread

Yup. These kinds of polls are as worthless as trying to smell a gnat's fart.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The fanbase rankings mean nothing to me.

The coach one is ridiculous. Carroll is a top five coach at least, the results speak for themselves. I could see a pessimist having him at 8-10, but 14 is crazy. He should be at John Harbaughs spot at #2 IMO.

Andy Reid at 15??? That's so disrespectful.

Anthony Lynn at #9. One season as HC, didn't make the playoffs and started 0-4....right. Shanahan at 8 is a joke too

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":2tbltgeb said:
This line tells me all I need to know about the writer.

"Seattle fans aren't louder than any other fanbase."

We are in the Guinness book of world records you friggen moron!! :roll: :pukeface:

Want to blame that on CLink? We were penalized for being too loud in the Kingdome too, where else did that happen?

I am so tired of hearing about how our stadium is the reason we are loud. If fans are just as loud as us then all the dome teams would be the loudest stadiums.

Also, yeah KC beat us as the loudest stadium (I think barely) and I do not deny that Chiefs fans are not loud but they can seat almost 10,000 more fans than the Clink.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Every fan base has losers, ours included. In fact, I do think we have quite a few annoying fans..There's some of the most dedicated, knowledgeable fans, but I've also come across quite a few DBs at games.

NINEster

Reaction score
adeltaY":3obvqfxx said:
Shanahan at 8 is a joke too

Compare the 49ers season to the Giants last year and reconsider.

An 0-9 team breaking their losing streak and it felt like a playoff win in the locker room. As opposed to an alleged SB contender not getting their way and the team falling completely apart.

Not that McAdoo was a good coach or anything, but you have to appreciate the non Xs and Os challenge of the sport.

Shanahan Jr is more than just an offensive mind. Not perfect but seems very introspective and has become more humble over the years, meeting with Belichick to discuss the SB for instance.

He commands respect in the locker room with his knowledge......no more rah rah Harbaugh. A lot younger yet more mature.

Once he gets the horses that Harbaugh took for granted we'll see some results.

adeltaY

Reaction score
NINEster":1mxbd2s3 said:
adeltaY":1mxbd2s3 said:
Shanahan at 8 is a joke too

Compare the 49ers season to the Giants last year and reconsider.

An 0-9 team breaking their losing streak and it felt like a playoff win in the locker room. As opposed to an alleged SB contender not getting their way and the team falling completely apart.

Not that McAdoo was a good coach or anything, but you have to appreciate the non Xs and Os challenge of the sport.

Shanahan Jr is more than just an offensive mind. Not perfect but seems very introspective and has become more humble over the years, meeting with Belichick to discuss the SB for instance.

He commands respect in the locker room with his knowledge......no more rah rah Harbaugh. A lot younger yet more mature.

Once he gets the horses that Harbaugh took for granted we'll see some results.

Come on man, I get y'all are excited and I think Shanahan is one of the top 3 offensive minds in the game, but what you're saying is hopeful projection. Now, it is likely IMO, but Shanahan has not come close to showing a consistently excellent record as a HC. Having him seven spots above Andy Reid and six above Pete Carroll is ridiculous. You can say that Reid doesn't have a good playoff record, which is true, but he has been phenomenal in the regular season and Shanahan has no playoff record to speak of as a HC, he's barely started.

McAdoo was not a good coach. The Giants made the playoffs in 2016 on the back of their #2 ranked scoring defense. I don't think they put up more than 20 points that entire season with an "offensive-minded" coach. Keep in mind the expectations pre-2017 were that the Giants were going to be SB contenders and that played into McAdoo getting the axe. The Niners had ZERO expectations and many had them pegged as competing with the Browns for the #1 pick this season, so Shanahan clearly had a lot more leeway.

To be fair, McVay shouldn't be at number five either. Having him over Pederson just makes no sense. Doug won the SB with a backup QB in his second season coaching and McVay hasn't even won a playoff game. The fact that the Rams lost that game at home to the Falcons is damning especially since the Falcons decent but not great defense held down that lauded Rams offense (McVay's calling card) most of the game. Also, the Rams were one of, if not the, healthiest teams last year. Let's see these guys do it for 3+ seasons in a row before crowning either.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1kl308uv said:
All fan bases have fans on both ends of the spectrum.

/thread

They do, but being someone who has lived in all corners of the country, I can tell you that fringe fans in the Seattle area tend to jump on bandwagons pretty hard and fast, resulting in a proportion of fans who are ALL IN but aren't very educated.

This then leads to swaths of fans who don't really know how to behave themselves accordingly and come across as insufferable when they start interacting with others.

When our successes die down a bit, those fringe fans go back to sailing their boats or whatever it was that was biding their time previously and it smooths out to a more normal state.

Latest posts