Most Underrated and Most Overrated Seahawks player

Seymour

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":26bwvtdl said:
Why are people mentioning Kearse as overrated? Is this subjective list of over/underrated predicated by fan opinion or coach opinion? If this is a fan based opinion, then there is no way in he'll that Kearse is overrated. I would be willing to bet serious money that at least 75% of the fan base dislikes him and wants an upgrade. That does not constitute overrated.

If this is a coach based rating system then I would argue that Kearse is probably neither. He is exactly what they see him as...servicable.

My own opinion on who I believe is overrated and underrated:
Overrated: Blair Walsh...im nervous about the kicking game and feel that little was done to replace Haushka.
Underrated: KJ Wright...he is the undersung member of the defense. Sure, he gets his accolades on occasion, but not like the bigger names.

This could turn out to be a big one. I could not overrate him yet without seeing if he still has the yips, but he may well turn out to be exactly that.

Hopefully we don't have to send out Ace to bring him in. :twisted:

Km0v0mbt751r0vbk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Underrated, Graham. Runner-up, Wright and Clark.

Overrated, Lacy and Lane pop to mind, but I'm going with George Fant.

Rat

Reaction score
Underrated: Graham - still an elite talent, but his usage rate has lowered his stats to the point where casual NFL fans think he's past his prime

Overrated: Britt - Being our only competent linemen, he sometimes gets talked about like he's Mike Webster

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pk6pf2q said:
At UW we used to call him Feast or Famine. He would drop easy passes, then later make a spectacular catches. It was maddening........
Done the same as a pro.
As a UW fan I was surprised he made the roster originally.
I think he is overrated BUT he has made a ton of HUGE clutch catches in the biggest games.
Lane is my other overrated choice.

Underrated: Prosise and "I'm Jimmy" whom they use poorly IMHO.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seymour":23hdg6sk said:
My opinion is Kearse is overrated by his own QB. He keeps throwing them to him, and Kearse keeps dropping them.

First real answer that makes sense.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Underrated: Avril-still doesn't get the national or even regional recognition he deserves; he's been a force for years.

Overrated: I hate to say it, but Kam is not what he used to be. He's lost a step and is at times a liability in coverage. He still hasn't learned to cover TEs and he didn't have a great season last year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kearse and Kearse. There is an extreme little to no reality regarding him and literal video evidence is meaningless (But it's got electrolytes).

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":36qdhyov said:
Seymour":36qdhyov said:
My opinion is Kearse is overrated by his own QB. He keeps throwing them to him, and Kearse keeps dropping them.

Actually it's not. It's been well documented that his catch rate is extremely high league wide until last year where it was also well documented (with video evidence) that RW kept missing him over and over. Usually they're on the same page and he's always been RW's "oh ish" bail out, but those two were really not on the same page last year. There were a lot of uncatchable balls thrown his way last year.

But again, shit like this just proves my point. Once it's consensus, the herd just follows suit despite facts, data, evidence, etc. He's not a world beater and has his strengths and weaknesses, but he's also not the whipping boy scapegoat most Seahawk fans (of all fans) want him to be.

The Breh

Reaction score
vin.couve12":24cj2vhp said:
Hawkstorian":24cj2vhp said:
Seymour":24cj2vhp said:

Actually it's not. It's been well documented that his catch rate is extremely high league wide until last year where it was also well documented (with video evidence) that RW kept missing him over and over. Usually they're on the same page and he's always been RW's "oh ish" bail out, but those two were really not on the same page last year. There were a lot of uncatchable balls thrown his way last year.

But again, shit like this just proves my point. Once it's consensus, the herd just follows suit despite facts, data, evidence, etc. He's not a world beater and has his strengths and weaknesses, but he's also not the whipping boy scapegoat most Seahawk fans (of all fans) want him to be.

Let's be honest here, P. Rich was catching uncatchable balls last year but needed to prove himself.
Kearse looked uninterested a lot.
That's why you got that consensus.
We got people more hungry than he.
He needs a seat if it proves to be so.

Ozzy

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3se5vs88 said:
Hawkstorian":3se5vs88 said:
Seymour":3se5vs88 said:

Couldn't disagree more. He'd made some huge plays including possibly my favorite with his spectacular TD against Denver in the SB. He's also come up small at the worst possible time. His well documented terrible attempt on the SB pick and a forgotten third down drop that seals the game. His performance against GB in the NFCCG sums up Kearse for me. He misses a lot of balls that aren't technically drops but they are balls he should as a pro catch.

I agree that some of his problems last year weren't all his fault but others have broken down that same tape that was used as evidence to prove it wasn't his fault and they did question his effort, route running, timing etc. Bottom line his effort in the running game is overrated as most runs don't get to the second level and Richardson deserves a chance at more playing time at the expense of Kearse which in my mind renders him overrated. A lot of the negativity probably isn't fair towards him but if I had to pick the worst "starter" other than the offensive line it's him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nanomoz

Reaction score
U: KJ Wright
O: Jimmy Graham. Glad he's a Seahawk, but he's been average in the red zone, where he's most needed.

sdog1981

Reaction score
How can Eddie Lacy be overrated? Can you be doubted and still be overrated at the same time?

Underrated: Earl Thomas. The defense sucked when he left and was still above average when Kam was out. Earl makes everything go the first non-competitive Seahawk games since 2010 occurred once Earl was out.

Overrated: Every WR not named Doug Baldwin. They all kind of suck in their own unique way.

cheese22

Reaction score
vin.couve12":lgj6s0tl said:
Hawkstorian":lgj6s0tl said:
Seymour":lgj6s0tl said:

Piss off dude. Everyone you disagree with is a sheep? How f'ing arrogant is that?
And what was your Kearse and Kearse post supposed to mean? It was illegible.
My over is Kam and under is DB.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Overated: Baldwin - He gets targets because our Wr group has lacked for years. Brown, Julio, Dez, Green, and a few others have to be feared and planned for Doug is really good but not elite WR.

Underrated: Bennett - his sack numbers don't come close to the level of disruption he causes. He is one of NFL's top 10 DL maybe even top 5.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tical21

Reaction score
overrated - Marsh or Luke

underrated - Lacy. Dude is gonna ball out.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":23fqct7t said:
U: KJ Wright
O: Jimmy Graham. Glad he's a Seahawk, but he's been average in the red zone, where he's most needed.

It's hard to be better than "average" in the RZ when you have so few targets. When Kearse is seemingly getting as many RZ targets as Graham then there's a problem somewhere.

If Graham had as many RZ chances as Gronk or even half as many as he had in New Orleans, he would not be considered "average" or "overrated" by anyone.

ACFan

Reaction score
Of course Alex Collins is the most underrated. :)

One of the top backs in the country out of high school. One of only 3 backs to rush for 1,000+ yards
his first 3 years in the SEC, (Walker,McFadden), never missed a game due to injury.

He came on strong late, averaging right at 5 yards a carry the last half of last season, once he got familiar with the offense.

Also missed zero time due to injury.

Best RB pedigree of any RB on the roster outside of Lacy. At this point, you can only compare college ball between the two, and in the same conference, from the same era, AC put up better numbers than Lacy, on a worse team.

And AC is usually the 4th or 5th back mentioned by fans and writers, so obviously Alex Collins is the most underrated.

Overrated?

Got to be Prosise, and I'm as excited about him as anyone. I'd just like to see him complete half a season at RB, on any level, before he's put on a top 10 list of who to look out for. Is that asking too much?

prove me wrong CJ.

ACFan

Reaction score
King Dog":36hi6vry said:
Overrated: Alex Collins

If you go solely by what I say, yea, he's probably overrated, maybe. :)

But seeing how everyone else is completely ignoring him, I can't fathom how he could be considered overrated.

I challenge you to find one positive sentence regarding AC from another fan or writer in the last 6 months besides me.

you'll be searching hard.

overrated?