Most Underrated and Most Overrated Seahawks player

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Inspired by a Prisco column from this morning. He said Clark for underrated and Lacy for overrated.

Who you got for both underrated and overrated?

I'll spare you mine (for now at least) b/c I don't want what could be a fun thread to get derailed into an argument about who I think is overrated in the very first post.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Overrated (because he's still on the team) would be Butterfingers Kearse
Underrated, I'd also go with Clark. Just my own opinion, but he looks like a beast.

Seymour

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1c6pagnc said:
Inspired by a Prisco column from this morning. He said Clark for underrated and Lacy for overrated.

Who you got for both underrated and overrated?

I'll spare you mine (for now at least) b/c I don't want what could be a fun thread to get derailed into an argument about who I think is overrated in the very first post.

Typical Prisco trolling. Last year Kam Chancellor was his #1 most over rated player in the NFL. The year before? Russell Wilson of course.

God I hate that guy..... :pukeface:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...overrated-player-thank-you-for-the-publicity/

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Oh yeah, the point of the thread wasn't to debate Prisco's picks or defend Prisco or anything, it's just take his idea and use it for what could be an interesting thread. :2thumbs:

StoneCold

Reaction score
I don't think there is a single overrated player on the Hawks, they are the Goldilocks team, everyone is rated just right. And only because this is a pure trolling post, most underrated is Bevell!

Seymour

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2h97vscr said:
^^^ Oh yeah, the point of the thread wasn't to debate Prisco's picks or defend Prisco or anything, it's just take his idea and use it for what could be an interesting thread. :2thumbs:

OK I'll play. Since it just says Seahawk then ....

Over rated Tom Cable (by a landslide)
Under rated Wagner....

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that neither Cable nor Bevell are actual players. Let's keep it on the topic of over/under rated Seahawks players.

If you want to discuss something else, please use a different thread

Seymour

Reaction score
My mistake, it does say player...

Over rated player would be Ifedi. (being a 1st round pick is largely why)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If we're taking everything into account as far as value, salary cap hit and production then as much as I think Graham is still a stud, for the 5th highest paid player on the team making 10M a year..........his production doesn't come close to that cap hit or expectations when we signed him.

Not all his fault of course, but if we're looking at this question in a vacuum, I gotta go with Graham for overrated.

Underrated I have to agree with most people so far, it's Clark hands down. He's barely making 1M a year, 10 sacks in 2016 and is an absolute relentless disruptive monster every snap.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rae52qh said:
StoneCold":2rae52qh said:
What is the criteria.

Whatever you want it to be.

Agreed. This is one of those types of questions that is wide open. Some guys could be listed by some as overrated and others as underrated and not necessarily be wrong either way.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll bite. For most underrated I would say Clark is the easy answer. The next two names I would mention are Prosise and Richardson.

Overrated to me is Kearse and its not close.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Why are people mentioning Kearse as overrated? Is this subjective list of over/underrated predicated by fan opinion or coach opinion? If this is a fan based opinion, then there is no way in he'll that Kearse is overrated. I would be willing to bet serious money that at least 75% of the fan base dislikes him and wants an upgrade. That does not constitute overrated.

If this is a coach based rating system then I would argue that Kearse is probably neither. He is exactly what they see him as...servicable.

My own opinion on who I believe is overrated and underrated:
Overrated: Blair Walsh...im nervous about the kicking game and feel that little was done to replace Haushka.
Underrated: KJ Wright...he is the undersung member of the defense. Sure, he gets his accolades on occasion, but not like the bigger names.

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":2fvwexr6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2fvwexr6 said:
StoneCold":2fvwexr6 said:
What is the criteria.

Whatever you want it to be.

Agreed. This is one of those types of questions that is wide open. Some guys could be listed by some as overrated and others as underrated and not necessarily be wrong either way.

If that's the case then I'll stick with my original, tongue in cheek response. I don't think there's a single player whose up or downside is not being taken into account by fans or coaches.

Seymour

Reaction score
My opinion is Kearse is overrated by his own QB. He keeps throwing them to him, and Kearse keeps dropping them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At UW we used to call him Feast or Famine. He would drop easy passes, then later make a spectacular catches. It was maddening........

Latest posts