Motivate Kam with $MONEY$

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Extensive research into why people volunteer for free shows that they do it for self-serving reasons anyways, lol.

I say we call Joygazm's boss and explain the situation to them, see if we can't get Joygazm's pay dropped to about 25 cents/hr and see if he continues working JUST as hard for years to come.

Seeing as how I totally believe him, I fully expect to be proven wrong over time should we be able to run this test.

Joygazm

Reaction score
chris98251":2spp1uzz said:
I think your being disingenuous, nobody works for free unless it's a volunteer organization or some type of apprenticeship or training, even then the incentive is to promote those learned skills into a trade or a income of some sort. In the case of a small business owner your putting time in to build the business to a profit level and grow it for a better income. The end is still more money and improved lifestyle.

I said at one point I worked for free. Most small business owners have to work without turning a profit. You pay others while your goal is to build your business.

I work hard, all the time.. If you do not believe in working hard all the time I do not care, if you choose not to that's you. If you choose to take offense and try to weaken my stance because of how you feel or believe it still doesn't change the fact I work hard constantly. Just because you find the idea difficult, doesn't mean it's not done.

I understand some people need incentives beyond a paycheck to do their jobs.

Joygazm

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2l6140cz said:
Extensive research into why people volunteer for free shows that they do it for self-serving reasons anyways, lol.

I say we call Joygazm's boss and explain the situation to them, see if we can't get Joygazm's pay dropped to about 25 cents/hr and see if he continues working JUST as hard for years to come.

Seeing as how I totally believe him, I fully expect to be proven wrong over time should we be able to run this test.

Believe me or do not watch it not change my life 1 bit. For some reason you guys find the idea of working hard all the time a strange thing. Call my boss? Have you really not read any of this? i am a small business owner, I am the boss.. thus why I have had to work hard and for free.

This is getting off topic from the Kam discussion. You guys are making it do I really work hard conversation, seems your own lack of work effort is causing you to take a negative approach towards me and my statements.

I am done even trying to validate anything to you two, as your only opinion is that I am lying. Then I will just stop engaging.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tom Brady played for $13.7M last year and won his 5th SB ring.

He is being paid apx. $10 million under market value, and you will not find a tougher competitor in the NFL.

Russell won a SB making under $1M per year and in 2011 was the lowest paid starting QB in the NFL.

Most Top level talent is NOT 100% driven by money, and if they were....they never would have achieved what they did. They are self driven, and continue to work at 100% through the circumstances they are in.

I fully believe Kam is the same type player, and do NOT expect any better play on the field with pay raise. Anyone expecting an increase in performance with a raise, is in for either an eye opening or another "rationalization" session to protect their beliefs.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Joygazm":1p3clojp said:
RolandDeschain":1p3clojp said:

Believe me or do not watch it not change my life 1 bit. For some reason you guys find the idea of working hard all the time a strange thing. Call my boss? Have you really not read any of this? i am a small business owner, I am the boss.. thus why I have had to work hard and for free.

This is getting off topic from the Kam discussion. You guys are making it do I really work hard conversation, seems your own lack of work effort is causing you to take a negative approach towards me and my statements.

I am done even trying to validate anything to you two, as your only opinion is that I am lying. Then I will just stop engaging.
Lol, watch it not change your life one bit. Ok. Also, way to assume we just have a lack of work effort. It supports your viewpoint on us, so go right ahead to make yourself feel even more self-righteous, I suppose. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
The worst part of this whole secondary conversation is that I am pissed because I have to agree with Roland which appears like I am coddling him. :smilie=angry016.gif:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":395c5tnk said:
The worst part of this whole secondary conversation is that I am pissed because I have to agree with Roland which appears like I am coddling him. :smilie=angry016.gif:
Coddler. 8)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3alntavl said:
chris98251":3alntavl said:
Coddler. 8)

New moniker..... dotnet coddler???

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wenhawk":20hk8io4 said:
I say pay Kam now. Bring the leader of our Defense back. Extend him for 3 more seasons. I think this will get him putting all his heart back into it and bringing the Boom back to the Legion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If that was the only problem and money was the only solution, then we should have opened up the bank for him when he held out.

I wish things were that simple. Just throw money at a player and everything else falls in line. Who cares about pesky little things like a salary cap.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":1xxxcb85 said:
If that was the only problem and money was the only solution, then we should have opened up the bank for him when he held out.

No we couldn't have. Re-upping guys who hold out with multiple years left on their contract sets a precedence and the management wouldn't do that.

He is going to want a multi year deal probably 4 or 5 years. I don't think the Hawks really want to have a ton of money wrapped up in a 33 year old SS. Any long term deal would give the team options after year 2 or 3 to cut him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2pu3i3jl said:
RiverDog":2pu3i3jl said:

No we couldn't have. Re-upping guys who hold out with multiple years left on their contract sets a precedence and the management wouldn't do that.

He is going to want a multi year deal probably 4 or 5 years. I don't think the Hawks really want to have a ton of money wrapped up in a 33 year old SS. Any long term deal would give the team options after year 2 or 3 to cut him.

I understand that. I was being sarcastic, and forgot the :sarcasm_on: button.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1hn7ukcu said:
Kam studies and plays hard regardless. He's lighter and might still be faster than when he was 235. There's no part of his play, healthy or injured, or his workout regimen, that says you need to worry about motivating him. What the cash would do, would keep him here.
:0190l:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Oh, and he was rated as the best SS in coverage according to Brock last week. Not sure what source, but duh....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wenhawk":hqivtipk said:
I say pay Kam now. Bring the leader of our Defense back. Extend him for 3 more seasons. I think this will get him putting all his heart back into it and bringing the Boom back to the Legion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
They just did.
:2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2eg2gut4 said:
I think he would be more willing to put his body on the line and play without regard if he was locked up for a few more years. This $ would be a reward for his previous play as well as the leadership and aggressiveness he brings every game.

Kam would step up if payed. If he leaves Seattle I will be very bummer.

^ EXACTLY ^
Not taking care of the ones who've laid it all on the line ( players like Kenny Easley that played hard for you, and didn't hold anything back) would send a backhanded message to the rest of your players, that "we don't VALUE players that have put out all that extra effort, and have prematurely used themselves up......NEXT!
When Kam talks, all the other players AND Coaches listen......................Mentor.

NJlargent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3lww33h4 said:
Wenhawk":3lww33h4 said:
I think he would be more willing to put his body on the line and play without regard if he was locked up for a few more years. This $ would be a reward for his previous play as well as the leadership and aggressiveness he brings every game.

Kam would step up if payed. If he leaves Seattle I will be very bummer.

^ EXACTLY ^
Not taking care of the ones who've laid it all on the line ( players like Kenny Easley that played hard for you, and didn't hold anything back) would send a backhanded message to the rest of your players, that "we don't VALUE players that have put out all that extra effort, and have prematurely used themselves up......NEXT!
When Kam talks, all the other players AND Coaches listen......................Mentor.

This is a good point. At first I was not crazy about the extension but reading this point changed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.