M's Off season, 2017-2018

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":105i4utn said:
KitsapGuy":105i4utn said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/968238488691683328[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarinersPR/status/968266415022202880[/tweet]
I like that Levine is calling out the front office / ownership.

Honestly, M's are a starter or two from being a playoff team. They have top 10 offense and top 10 bullpen per reports. The starting pitching is mid to low level.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":z3ilc89d said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/968238488691683328[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarinersPR/status/968266415022202880[/tweet]

I don’t believe Dipoto would go after a starting pitcher if he had the cash to do so. Based on the comments he has made he feels they have adequate pitching. They didn’t need Ryan Healy or Dee Gordon. While they are good additions they were unnecessary compared to acquiring better pitching. The Mariners are cursed. They continue to hire terrible GMs who have zero good decision making ability.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Damn, that new Angels Pitcher throws some nasty stuff.. albeit in a B game, but still the stuff looked wicked.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Saw that the Cubs signed Cishek in FA..Great!Now I gotta see him live...
Also they signed Hultzen..There is a guy to root for!
Jake is still a FA(Boras client)wouldn't mind the M's signing him fot a year.
Pitchers have priced themselves out ..I think it is funny

Crizilla

Reaction score
Ichiro coming back to the M's. He hit over .300 in the last few months of the season last year. He still has some gas left in the tank

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/970751164735045632[/tweet]

:les: :stirthepot: :smilingalien:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Only a garbage franchise like the Mariners would bring Ichiro back. Total PR move to sell more tickets. Moves like this and bringing Griffey back are why M's are a bottom 10 franchise in all of the major sports.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":37o6rt0x said:
Only a garbage franchise like the Mariners would bring Ichiro back. Total PR move to sell more tickets. Moves like this and bringing Griffey back are why M's are a bottom 10 franchise in all of the major sports.

I don't know, he's not going to be a starter, they need someone to replace Gamble for a spell and it's a nice fitting to let him retire as a M.. I don't have an issue with it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Bobblehead":60b4dzxd said:
Hawk-Lock":60b4dzxd said:

I don't know, he's not going to be a starter, they need someone to replace Gamble for a spell and it's a nice fitting to let him retire as a M.. I don't have an issue with it.

Would much rather bring in a young guy where you can get some upside. Ichiro had a negative WAR last season, in no way was he brought in to add more wins. Nothing more than a move to sell more tickets by a franchise that doesn't care about winning. This would be like the Seahawks bringing Marshawn Lynch back three years from now.

sutz

Reaction score
Apparently today's game with Chi is televised on ROOT at 5:30.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I would have been excited about MEchiro 5 years ago. Now, it just feels like an attempt to dwell on the past. Maybe they can continue to talk about 1995 some more too :lol:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2vclbrae said:
I would have been excited about MEchiro 5 years ago. Now, it just feels like an attempt to dwell on the past. Maybe they can continue to talk about 1995 some more too :lol:

Another reason why I can't stand the M's franchise. They talk about 95 like we won the World Series. Stop bringing up the past and actually put a team together that can win.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30rh83qe said:
Yeah, this has the smell of a PR stunt to sell tickets, not to improve the team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":3nmxal7z said:
SoulfishHawk":3nmxal7z said:
Yeah, this has the smell of a PR stunt to sell tickets, not to improve the team.
95 was our first playoff wins ever..Killed the Yankees! I remember jumping like crazy..
I know thats over but nothing has matched that intensity since.
Ichiro was part of a record win season that got beat in the AL Championship series.
I still don't understand how that got away but yeah thats over too.
Ichiro was supposed to be over ..Not getting why we need greyhead over prime players.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3mxw7bvb said:
sutz":3mxw7bvb said:
SoulfishHawk":3mxw7bvb said:
95 was our first playoff wins ever..Killed the Yankees! I remember jumping like crazy..
I know thats over but nothing has matched that intensity since.
Ichiro was part of a record win season that got beat in the AL Championship series.
I still don't understand how that got away but yeah thats over too.
Ichiro was supposed to be over ..Not getting why we need greyhead over prime players.

Still think it was 9/11.. M's weren't the same after that day... the intensity, just wasn't there anymore.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Normally I’d agree this is a publicity stunt, but I don’t agree this time. They have OF’s that are injured or have a history of being hurt (see Gamel, Haniger). I think it was done for baseball reasons.

Problem is the M’s are famous for the “you gotta love these guys” BS, so even when it’s not a PR stunt, it looks like it is.

Another problem is the PR department will go nuts and probably have 5 different Ichiro bobblehead nights and Rizz won’t stop gushing over him during every AB.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Well I feel the season is already a wash. I herd on Brock n Salk there are 9 starters already on the DL. That is INSANE! They need a new trainer/conditioner or something. Or they are just cursed. CURSED I SAY!!! We don’t really have any starting pitching. Made no real moves in the offseason. Offense is good enough to score, but will they? Same story as last year... score 9-10-11 runs in one game then score 1 in the next 3. Good point about Safeco... I haven’t been downtown to see if the signs are changed. Who would want to sponsor 41 years of mediocre baseball? lol excited for the season but ZERO hopes. Pretty sure the Yankees/Astros again in the ALCS.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":3t5pv4tt said:
Well I feel the season is already a wash. I herd on Brock n Salk there are 9 starters already on the DL. That is INSANE! They need a new trainer/conditioner or something. Or they are just cursed. CURSED I SAY!!! We don’t really have any starting pitching. Made no real moves in the offseason. Offense is good enough to score, but will they? Same story as last year... score 9-10-11 runs in one game then score 1 in the next 3. Good point about Safeco... I haven’t been downtown to see if the signs are changed. Who would want to sponsor 41 years of mediocre baseball? lol excited for the season but ZERO hopes. Pretty sure the Yankees/Astros again in the ALCS.

I was hoping with the new ownership they would try and rebrand to remove the stench of loser. New badge, new stadium name, heck I wouldn't be opposed to a new team name as Mariners doesn't really inspire. Maybe we just need to switch to the National League and spark up a rivalry with the Giants.

Latest posts