must not get big headed

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sedrohawk":8mbmvrj9 said:
nobody in their right mind is getting big headed over a preseason game.
I work with a Cowboys and a Broncos fan that do. Preseason will/loss results mean nothing.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I like seeing guys get extended time like Turbin and Michael, especially Harvin getting a variety of touches. But the results mean absolutely nothing to me. Win or lose I just want them to get some time without injury.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1jtu8zft said:
I like seeing guys get extended time like Turbin and Michael, especially Harvin getting a variety of touches. But the results mean absolutely nothing to me. Win or lose I just want them to get some time without injury.
Your last sentence nails it. Get some work in, and get out of the game healthy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":bq3pkh2l said:
I agree, I'm happy that Turbin is getting it and that Lynch is riding Michael like a dog (because he's inches away from being a premier running back).

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we are doing a couple things really, giving teams we are going to play some material they will have to consider but keeping it basic enough that what they see is going to have wrinkles to exploit when we play them for real. Trying to figure out what to do about Harvin is a nightmare, showing we are going to use him in a variety of ways and the safety blitz and things that you have to account for.

Everything just the high side of basic but enough to make coaches have to short themselves sleep at night still.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
For one thing I bet we see a Denver type field for every out side away game. When healthy we are very good but we will not always be healthy.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":nbwo8i5r said:
Lords of Scythia":nbwo8i5r said:
That game was about making up for last week--they needed a righteous ass-kicking to get their heads straight for the next SB run.

Actually, we beat Denver's 1st team with our half a 1st team. We may have lost the 'game' in the end but we were winning when it mattered all while playing vanilla O and D.
I noticed that--as crappy as we looked, we were up 3 when the starters came out.