Must have player in FA or Draft

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I know what you're saying. I wonder if Roschon Johnson is being overlooked because he played on the same team with Bijan Robinson. He ended up with an almost identical yards per carry as Bijan this year. He didn't run as fast as Bijan in the 40, but he was still fast enough to be #11 among RBs at the combine. But his 10-yard split was identical to Robinson's, and good for 3rd best among RBs. They're almost the same size, too.

They're projecting Johnson to go in the late 3rd, early 4th. The draftnetwork.com is projecting him to be the 126th pick. Guess who has pick number 123?
That's an interesting projection for him. If the rest of the NFL is seeing what I'm seeing with this class, I think he's gone by our third rounder due to a lack of backs matching his profile. Gonna get drafted higher than people think like AJ Dillon.

bileever

Reaction score
@Maelstrom787, you're probably right. Anyone who went to scout Robinson probably saw Johnson play and came away thinking he is a pretty good player. But his 40 time of 4.58 (compare to K9's 4.38 and Robinson's 4.46) as well as his 31.5 vertical jump (compare to Robinson's 37 and K9's 34) might diminish Johnson's appeal. Btw, both the Eagles and Falcons have apparently met with him.

OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
O'Cyrus Torrance. I'm still having nightmares about how the Niners ate our interior OL alive in the playoffs. He's an absolute force that isn't scared of anyone. He would go a long way into allowing us to maximize our offensive talent.
Do think he's worth pick 20? He probably won't last until pick 37.

massari

Reaction score
Roschon Johnson is starting to become the guy I really need to come away with in this draft. They need a real compliment to K9, and Roschon is the exact guy for the job. Really no backs as physical as he is to be found elsewhere in the draft.
I remember being a bit jacked about the Deejay Dallas pick in the 4th with his ability to break tackles, but this guy is a bit more physical, correct?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Nolan Smith and Brian Bresee... I love the way they fight and hit with power.

I'm intrigued by Rochon Jonson late... I haven't watched him at all, so I will go check out some highlights. I have been interested in Chris Rodriguez in the late rounds...

OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Roschon Johnson is starting to become the guy I really need to come away with in this draft. They need a real compliment to K9, and Roschon is the exact guy for the job. Really no backs as physical as he is to be found elsewhere in the draft.
Hm...I'm not familiar with him. What round do you think he'll be drafted?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Anyone else prefer Drew Sanders to Campbell?
I like Campbell a lot more, but I do think the Hawks might prefer Sanders. Higher ceiling developmental guy who the staff will get excited about coaching up. Pete will like that he's a former five star recruit, Hurtt is going to love PFF's pass rush win rate for him, and Glenn will like the measurables.
I to like J. Campbell and JL. Skinner.
I love Skinner, who says his favorite player is Kam Chancellor, as an eventual Adams replacement. It's just been hard to work him onto the team after the torn pec. With Adams, Diggs, Neal and now Love we still have a future need at safety but not really the immediate need to justify one early, and #83 seems too soon for a guy who will probably miss the entire off-season program and be limited next year. Our track record hasn't been great for rookies who miss the pre-season. We then have a long gap after #83 and in most mocks he's going off the board well before #123.

So far my favorite scenario has been trading down all the way down to #16 with the Commanders and in that trade I'm also picking up #47, #97 and future pick(s) which I've been spending on Charbonnet and Skinner, respectively.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I like trading down from 5 to grab 12-18 range and snag another first round next year.

Take Jack Campbell with the first pick and Torrence with the second pick.

Take a flyer that Siaki Ika/Mazi Smith will be available in round 2, if neither are there, you can take WR/C.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Mazi Smith may be off the board surprisingly fast, but I would be surprised if Siaki Ika wasn't available after his lackluster combine. Compare his spider chart to Jerrod Clark, a late day 3 prospect NT from Coastal Carolina. Clark has the same height and weight with better athleticism and much longer arms, which is an important measurables for any two gapping DL.

Baylor's pro day is next Monday, so it's possible that Ika could improve on this and/or add an impressive bench. Right now though I'd have a tough time getting excited about drafting him anywhere on day 2.