MUST WIN

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":2bg7tuk0 said:
Their must win was against the Rams two weeks ago. They lost.

Now we're left to evaluate how bad are they?

I think its safe to say that is all you do is evaluate how bad this team is...

LTH

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1a6m83i0 said:
It doesnt matter if Seattle loses. Some people on here will still be convinced they are going to the Super Bowl.

That's because many here have a 'Think Positive' attitude, & only quitters will throw in the towel before the fight even begins. :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":1s278c81 said:
Fade":1s278c81 said:

LTH

Fade is a realist, you're an optimist.

Both are OK. I tend to lean on the realist side, because I've been a Hawk fan long enough to know.............

Hope

seabowl

Reaction score
Having a friendly contest with my friend on who is the better handicapper. Rules are simple, pick 1 game per week against the spread. I am 5-1 so far (only loss was a dumb over/under I picked). I have chosen the Hawks twice this year already and won both. Choosing them again +4.5 tonight as I think they will likely win or at least keep it within the spread.

Go Hawks!!!!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
My prediction is that the Saints will be the 6th seed. The Hawks will be the 7th.

Wild card spots are going to be Rams, Saints, Seahawks

For the 7th seed, we simply have to beat out the Panthers, Washington,Giants, Eagles, Vikings. Looking at their respective schedules, that doesn’t seem out of the question. I don’t think people realize how much adding an extra game AND an extra playoff spot will change things. We finish 9-8 or 10-7.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2vtoobmj said:
My prediction is that the Saints will be the 6th seed. The Hawks will be the 7th.

For the 7th seed, we simply have to beat out the Panthers, Washington,Giants, Eagles, Vikings. Looking at their respective schedules, that doesn’t seem out of the question. I don’t think people realize how much adding an extra game AND an extra playoff spot will change things. We finish 9-8 or 10-7.

We could get invited to the dance, but our problem will be everyone else has a date and nobody wants to share with us so we end up sitting and watching everyone else have fun.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":8lrnbfin said:
pittpnthrs":8lrnbfin said:
It doesnt matter if Seattle loses. Some people on here will still be convinced they are going to the Super Bowl.

That's because many here have a 'Think Positive' attitude, & only quitters will throw in the towel before the fight even begins. :irishdrinkers:

Fixed it for you.

That's because many here have a delusional attitude, & only realists will throw in the towel before the fight even begins.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, people pulling for their team and having hope is such a bad thing. But then being told they somehow are ok with losing or just making the playoffs. WRONG.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2x4i0i6j said:
Yeah, people pulling for their team and having hope is such a bad thing. But then being told they somehow are ok with losing or just making the playoffs. WRONG.

A lot of people are content with just making the playoffs though. How many times has everybody seen the old 'You are spoiled and you must not have been around in the 90's' when somebody speaks up about being upset because the team cant get past the 1st round and wants and expects better?

I've seen the writing on the wall for years now, but everytime I mention I want a change, I get the whole spiel about how lucky they are to be a playoff team although nothing ever happens once they get there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":39748fhq said:

Obviously not out of the playoff picture just yet, still a lot of the season to be played.

But I'll play Devil's Advocate here with our long term goals. Let me give you a choice;

A. Russell comes back, Hawks go on a run, finish the season 9-8, get the 7th seed, get spanked again in the playoffs but play well enough yet again for everyone to keep their jobs.

B. Hawks continue to slide, finish the season somewhere around 6-11 or 7-10, and this facilitates the necessary panic button time to make changes that will hopefully get the team back on track to another SB.

All hypotheticals, but hard not to pick B if you're not OK with just barely making the playoffs through the remainder of Russell's tenure here, and beyond.

So I can see why some fans are secretly hoping for the implosion, they want change at the top.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hudne4t said:
LTH":2hudne4t said:
Fade":2hudne4t said:

LTH

Both are OK. I tend to lean on the realist side, because I've been a Hawk fan long enough to know.............

Hope

I have seen the Seahawks under Carroll pull out some of the most amazing victory's I've ever seen in the 45 years I've been watching football...

I've seen the Seahawks, under Carroll, play average to below average football for the first part of the season and come back and play stellar football fixing the issues they have had in the first part of the season... I've seen this often as though it is a pattern...

So yeah I don't count the Seahawks out until they are mathematically eliminated as I've seen the comeback to many times whether it be in a game or a season its doesn't matter its all the same mind set... and that is what Carroll does is set the mind set of the team...

So I have a reason of why I believe in this team... its not just a whim... and its not blind faith..its backed up with experience...

everybody should know that typically the Seahawks can comeback from huge deficits in a very short amount of time...anyone who looks past the Seahawks is a fool... I think they have proven that several times..

Now the difference is I believe that it comes from Carroll.

Fade believes it comes from Wilson and definitely not Carroll...

I don't agree I think Wilson is a product of Carroll I'm quite sure that many will disagree with that..

who is right ? just depends on your perspective...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just win tonight, nothing else matters. It absolutely is a must win.

Off to the stadium, have a good night. GREAT news to hear that Collins is playing. Looking outside right now, it is very windy and rainy. At least currently..........
We will need a running game, period.

Go Hawks!

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3lkrv1jb said:
fenderbender123":3lkrv1jb said:
pittpnthrs":3lkrv1jb said:

Like who?

Probably the people who think all that matters is getting to the playoffs every year because once you get to the playoffs you have a "chance" to win a SB. Even though they're not recognizing that this team year after year did not have what it takes to go any further than 1-2 games into the playoffs.
It's always better to make the playoffs and go out fighting then get whooped up on. It's like the draft becomes your yearly go to event in times of losing. Who wants that noise. The only way to the super bowl is through the playoffs last time I checked. It's more about team health at that point. The healthiest team going into the playoffs normally wins

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":34z7xp4z said:
Sgt. Largent":34z7xp4z said:
LTH":34z7xp4z said:
Fade":34z7xp4z said:

LTH

Hope

I have seen the Seahawks under Carroll pull out some of the most amazing victory's I've ever seen in the 45 years I've been watching football...

I've seen the Seahawks, under Carroll, play average to below average football for the first part of the season and come back and play stellar football fixing the issues they have had in the first part of the season... I've seen this often as though it is a pattern...

So yeah I don't count the Seahawks out until they are mathematically eliminated as I've seen the comeback to many times whether it be in a game or a season its doesn't matter its all the same mind set... and that is what Carroll does is set the mind set of the team...

So I have a reason of why I believe in this team... its not just a whim... and its not blind faith..its backed up with experience...

everybody should know that typically the Seahawks can comeback from huge deficits in a very short amount of time...anyone who looks past the Seahawks is a fool... I think they have proven that several times..

I don't agree I think Wilson is a product of Carroll I'm quite sure that many will disagree with that..

LTH

Fair enough, and like the realist and optimist comment..........you're both right on Pete and Russell. Once cannot be given credit without the other.

No QB/coach can play with each other for this long without their success being tied together.

Russell would probably be on his 2nd or 3rd team by now if he was drafted by a terribly run organization like the Jags or Jets, and Pete probably would have gotten fired around 2015 if not for Russell almost single handedly keeping the Hawks competitive after Lynch and the vaunted Hawk defense disbanded.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26kropgp said:
Scorpion05":26kropgp said:

Obviously not out of the playoff picture just yet, still a lot of the season to be played.

But I'll play Devil's Advocate here with our long term goals. Let me give you a choice;

A. Russell comes back, Hawks go on a run, finish the season 9-8, get the 7th seed, get spanked again in the playoffs but play well enough yet again for everyone to keep their jobs.

B. Hawks continue to slide, finish the season somewhere around 6-11 or 7-10, and this facilitates the necessary panic button time to make changes that will hopefully get the team back on track to another SB.

All hypotheticals, but hard not to pick B if you're not OK with just barely making the playoffs through the remainder of Russell's tenure here, and beyond.

So I can see why some fans are secretly hoping for the implosion, they want change at the top.

My choice is A.

I have been on the fire Pete, move on from Russ and let's all start fresh for the best of everyone bandwagon. But deep down, I feel like the guy in a relationship desperately trying to avoid divorce. Because I know how hard it is to get back to that level. I don't want to become irrelevant in the division. I watch all the sports shows, and the last 2 weeks alone the Hawks have barely been discussed. Feels like pre-2010 all over again.

My sincere hope is that Waldron gets his shit together, Pete humbles himself and shifts his ideology a bit, and Russ takes his game to a level I know he's capable of. I have full faith in at least 2 of these 3. My only concern is Pete being too stubborn to change. Wilson and Waldron are intense, relatively young hard workers who will continue to improve. And I want to see this go for another year. I know I'm likely in the minority opinion with that but that's how I truly feel deep down despite my mini rants every now and then lol

Fade

Reaction score
Pete humbles himself?!

Thanks for the laugh. I spit my coffee out on that one.

Pete is going to do what he does. He isn't changing for nobody, which includes his broken defensive scheme. Either show him the door, or watch him run the franchise into the ground. Those are the 2 options right now.

He could of course save everyone the trouble and just retire at the end of the year.

Fade

Reaction score
LTH":3fem1ejf said:
Sgt. Largent":3fem1ejf said:
LTH":3fem1ejf said:
Fade":3fem1ejf said:

LTH

Hope

LTH

Can't spell believe without lie.

I don't believe anything. I let the data build until it is conclusive, while being mindful of confirmation bias, which is key. It's what allows me to be right at a very high clip. I'm not 100% as I am human, but you will find I'm right more than most.

I've seen Pete snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, far too many times btw. He's turned it into an artform at this point.
Russell Wilson magic in the 4th quarter isn't Pete. Or it would also exist with his other QBs as well. they've all sucked in the 4th quarter from TJack to Geno Smith. So why is that?

I'm rooting for the Hawks to win, but I'm not going to lie to myself, I'm not in a cult. Believe that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete will never humble himself.

And he isn't going to ever admit he failed.

We had about 5 years of people 'hoping Pete will change' or ' hoping Pete will fix XXXX or stop YYYYY or do ZZZZ differently.

How is that working out?

Pete won't ever change. He won't ever learn. I honestly don't even think he can. He is too old to figure anything new out. All he can do is push doggedly forward with what worked before, stoped working some time ago, and that he hopes against hope can work someday again.

It won't. At least not in time.

Any hope that Pete will change or fix anything is laughable at this point. We all had five years to figure this out.