My boy Shaquem getting a chance!!!

FinNasty

Reaction score
Been a couple years since my boy Shaquem got to play this edge role.. but he’s getting his sea(hawk) legs under him!

Just wait ya’ll. I’ve been telling you!!!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/parkerlewisjr/status/1198756045989957632[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ucf_football/status/1198694156828389379[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Quem has a MOTOR... He was just a split second away from a couple sacks today...

12HawkFan

Reaction score
He did pretty good mostly but he completely BLEW IT on a play that Philly had a wide open TE, (I think), that the QB just plain over threw badly because if they had hooked up it was gonna be a HUGE gain and that would have ALL been on Shaqueem being 100% out of position.

GO HAWKS!!!

12HF

OP
OP
FinNasty

FinNasty

Reaction score
12HawkFan":20wmhith said:
He did pretty good mostly but he completely BLEW IT on a play that Philly had a wide open TE, (I think), that the QB just plain over threw badly because if they had hooked up it was gonna be a HUGE gain and that would have ALL been on Shaqueem being 100% out of position.

GO HAWKS!!!

12HF
Missed that, but have him rush the passer. Don’t make him think... just unleash him and let him get after it. He’ll get there with the other stuff... but just let him have some stuff to build on.

Polk738

Reaction score
12HawkFan":2ateb3ep said:

GO HAWKS!!!

12HF

Saw that right away, he dodged a HUGE bullet on that one, I'd say keep him in as a pass rusher and let his brother worry about coverage.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
He was sooooo close to sacking Wentz in the end zone for a safety. Really excited to see him get more playing time. Reminds me a bit of Rufus Porter rushing the passer.

olyfan63

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1k74mya3 said:
He was sooooo close to sacking Wentz in the end zone for a safety. Really excited to see him get more playing time. Reminds me a bit of Rufus Porter rushing the passer.

The Rufus Porter comparison... I like it! If Shaquem keeps this up, he's soon going to need a new name...

Sack-quem!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Love the speed rush. This is how he should have been used from the get go.

themunn

Reaction score
He had a great tackle on I think a Wentz scramble or a screen or something to prevent a 1st down towards the end of the game too, really highlighted his elite speed

OP
OP
FinNasty

FinNasty

Reaction score
They started to double team him at one point. When he’s drawing double teams... your pass rush really lights up!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He played way better than I thought he would at his weight. That being said, he was playing second and third string talent on PHI OL. But you gotta win those matchups and he did.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Dude definitely flashed high level athleticism, but I can't help thinking that one of those pressures would have been a sack had he two hands to wrap up with.

OP
OP
FinNasty

FinNasty

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":33t66xa5 said:
Dude definitely flashed high level athleticism, but I can't help thinking that one of those pressures would have been a sack had he two hands to wrap up with.
Which one? On both Wentz escaped to his hand side. That’s why he’s rushing off the left side of the defense...

sutz

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":36b7jah3 said:
Look at the bright side. He's only half as likely to get caught for holding. :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but the way he scooped that ball up was pretty impressive. Shoot, guys have a hard time picking up fumbles with two hands, he did it like it was nothing. Pretty impressive kid. And I love his energy and speed. He clearly created the pressure on that fumble, even if Wentz and the RB ran in to each other.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1d2c7xcl said:
I don't know about anyone else, but the way he scooped that ball up was pretty impressive. Shoot, guys have a hard time picking up fumbles with two hands, he did it like it was nothing. Pretty impressive kid. And I love his energy and speed. He clearly created the pressure on that fumble, even if Wentz and the RB ran in to each other.
He's been doing that since he was what...4 years old? Pity we didn't get him involved sooner, but gotta love how he's doing. Players often don't get better unless and until they play, and coaches often don't know how to use a player's talents until he gets on the field and shows what he can do. It's kind of a chicken/egg thing. In the SF game, even though 'Queem didn't have any hard stats, you could see that he was pulling the OT wide with his speed, opening up some space for an inside stunt or twist to create havoc. Combine speed doesn't always translate into game speed, and it also doesn't always telegraph it either.

Nice to see. :2thumbs:

sdog1981

Reaction score
He is still a one-trick pony. However, that one trick is protection destroying speed and a spin move that gives other players an opportunity to make plays. Once he gets a better understanding of zone coverage drops then he will be even more effective with his ability to fake blitz and drop into coverage.