My brother texted me that Kaep has been signed....

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1uhanh7r said:
Some fans would be OK with it: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/11/ ... k#comments

Their backup QB (their present starter) is Jeff Driskel. He lost out to Christian Ponder for the third-string QB job in SF. In 2016.

But their career completion and passer ratings are in the same range per ESPN. It wouldn't be a clear advantage to bring Kaep--or any QB in the 80s passing range--in for 2019 when Stafford really could recover, when Driskel is doing better than career backups like CJ Beathard--even in team disarray that reminds me of the '15 49ers.

As insurance, Kaep would be a better fit with the Jets.
Watched Driskel last week..He can sure run and his passing wasn't
too bad..I think he could be a starter somewhere.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Kaep could sign with a lot of teams IF he would accept the league minimum contract like other third team QBs and agree to keep his mouth shut. No team wants the distraction of their third team QB holding his own press conferences. I’m surprised so little has been made of his girl calling the Baltimore owner a racist after they offered a back up’s salary? The club went on to sign two other black QB’s as back ups one of which is the current NFL MVP media favorite! No Kaep doesn’t actually want to play football. He’s a pain but he’s not stupid. He knows his “social justice warrior” endorsements contracts far exceed any he would rate from his actual talents as a back up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2vkz1238 said:
Kaep could sign with a lot of teams IF he would accept the league minimum contract like other third team QBs and agree to keep his mouth shut. No team wants the distraction of their third team QB holding his own press conferences. I’m surprised so little has been made of his girl calling the Baltimore owner a racist after they offered a back up’s salary? The club went on to sign two other black QB’s as back ups one of which is the current NFL MVP media favorite! No Kaep doesn’t actually want to play football. He’s a pain but he’s not stupid. He knows his “social justice warrior” endorsements contracts far exceed any he would rate from his actual talents as a back up.

1) I've read exactly nowhere credible that he won't take a minimum contract
2) Sadly, the second part is likely true. He has a right to say what he wants and it wasn't his socail stance that got him out of SF.

Unfortunately, his contract situation kinda screwed him a bit. The 49ers would have released him had he not opted out. The fact thqt he opted out though seems to give some the impression that he wasn't satisfied with that contract and those are the $$$ he's looking for. He's never said that. Its just the assumption of so many that want to hate the guy. "He doesn't want to play" is the new one that drives me nuts.

The only reason he's not in SF is that Shanahan didn't want to run that kind of an offense. RGIII was foisted on him in Washington and he made it work, but it was Cousins that he wanted. Kap was gone the day Shanahan took the job.

Kap fits a number of offenses in the NFL right now though and IMO would be a great backup in places like Baltimore or Buffalo. All it take is an owner with a pair and they seem to be few and far between right now.

I guess he should have just beaten up his girlfriend. In that case he'd be employed by now.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He's a grown man who doesn't need his GF yelling about him on Twitter. No one's talking about beating her, but a 32-year-old should be able to sit their SO and say, "Thank you, but I prefer to speak for myself."

Kaep was wiped w/the 49ers over a year before Shan started as you know.

Look, I really don't care about the kneeling personally. But the issues Kaep was kneeling over existed back in 2012, when he could have kneeled. The fact that he only started doing so right when it was obvious Gabs was gonna get started was disingenuous.

Football-wise, it'd take more than a pair to sign Kaep at this point. He used his own workout to debut yet another shoe product. Stephen A points this out (I hate Stephen A BTW) and gets schooled on national TV by TO that he's not as black as his liberal white cohost. His GF keeps lighting up Twitter. His agent is threatening (yeah it's a threat) a Kaep multimedia presence outside the owner's meeting. His lawyer (!) has already leaked that two teams are allegedly interested.

SEA actually could use someone like Kaep more than SF right now given they are set at QB2/QB3. I was glad that they sent someone to the official NFL workout AND glad that they didn't go to his Nike endorsement.

It's like what was said upthread: A team can't even offer him a vet minimum or week to week contract without worrying that his GF/agent/"Team" will paint it as "oppression." If Kaep were to have Nike design cleats for him that got game disqualified for colors (as with happened with Browns), "oppression." If Kaep's GF were to Tweet how that team sucked and he got blowback, "oppression" and "misogyny."

Hey it's his brand, and he can't keep it by keeping quiet and working on a vet min and/or week-to-week contract like the vast majority of QB2/QB3 do. And no one can even talk to him about it without having his GF or His Team ready to smear them. So no one is.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":vuytzu5k said:
Some fans would be OK with it: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/11/ ... k#comments

Their backup QB (their present starter) is Jeff Driskel. He lost out to Christian Ponder for the third-string QB job in SF. In 2016.

But their career completion and passer ratings are in the same range per ESPN. It wouldn't be a clear advantage to bring Kaep--or any QB in the 80s passing range--in for 2019 when Stafford really could recover, when Driskel is doing better than career backups like CJ Beathard--even in team disarray that reminds me of the '15 49ers.

As insurance, Kaep would be a better fit with the Jets.

Kap won’t take a backup role. I don’t think he really wants to play. But I hope a team makes him the highest paid player and watch him suck so then this whole conversation will be over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
He won't walk on the field anywhere as a starter, at least not this season, teams will want a look see contract anyway being out of the league now a couple years.

Everything going forward unless he accepts back up money and prove it deals is just shredded paper blowing thru a fan.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OK, I changed my view after seeing how Detroit lost...to the Redskins.
Bringing Kaep in for the rest of 2019 would make Martha, the FO, Patricia look good socially. It's pretty much all that would at this point.

2020, he's a bridge starter for whatever QB they get in the draft. That or sitting behind Mariota.

knownone

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2m4wvt2r said:
Bringing Kaep in for the rest of 2019 would make Martha, the FO, Patricia look good socially. It's pretty much all that would at this point.

2020, he's a bridge starter for whatever QB they get in the draft. That or sitting behind Mariota.
Uh... you’d rather start Kaep over Stafford?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
knownone":3n6fktj5 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3n6fktj5 said:

Guessing he's assuming Stafford's not coming back which seems likely.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":h94z0z2m said:
knownone":h94z0z2m said:
SantaClaraHawk":h94z0z2m said:

I believe she is thinking that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2bne7ytp said:
hawksfansinceday1":2bne7ytp said:
knownone":2bne7ytp said:
SantaClaraHawk":2bne7ytp said:

I believe she is thinking that.
If SCHawk is a she, I apologize.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
knownone":1a9dqebx said:
SantaClaraHawk":1a9dqebx said:

Hell no. But this season's lost for them. There is NO reason at this point to risk their biggest asset out there.

This is what any street vet coming in at QB2 faces--a week-to-week start for a team that needs SOMEONE at QB or a spark in some way.

The Detroit metro area has been having these racial conversations for a long time. It'd be "vindication" for your old time Detroit activists and something that the Grosse Pointers/Birminghamers who largely supported the new stadium and Detroit revitalization want. Like someone on the Detroit board said, it's just entertainment for them at this point, and Kaep would be entertaining. Really, I can't think of anything him or Nessa could say that Detroiters haven't yet heard or dealt with. It's not like Seattle or the Bay Area or Brooklyn out there.

Tmagopis

Reaction score
I don’t think this is true. would love for us so sign him though, he’s better then geno smith.
I know most people here love to hate him but ignore your personal opinion of him and evaluate the player. How many sexual offenders have we ignored because they played football well?

Vesuve

Reaction score
Uhm...OP....Google first ....unless your bro' is working in the FO.

penihawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2w59zbkt said:
He's a grown man who doesn't need his GF yelling about him on Twitter. No one's talking about beating her, but a 32-year-old should be able to sit their SO and say, "Thank you, but I prefer to speak for myself."

Kaep was wiped w/the 49ers over a year before Shan started as you know.

Look, I really don't care about the kneeling personally. But the issues Kaep was kneeling over existed back in 2012, when he could have kneeled. The fact that he only started doing so right when it was obvious Gabs was gonna get started was disingenuous.

Football-wise, it'd take more than a pair to sign Kaep at this point. He used his own workout to debut yet another shoe product. Stephen A points this out (I hate Stephen A BTW) and gets schooled on national TV by TO that he's not as black as his liberal white cohost. His GF keeps lighting up Twitter. His agent is threatening (yeah it's a threat) a Kaep multimedia presence outside the owner's meeting. His lawyer (!) has already leaked that two teams are allegedly interested.

SEA actually could use someone like Kaep more than SF right now given they are set at QB2/QB3. I was glad that they sent someone to the official NFL workout AND glad that they didn't go to his Nike endorsement.

It's like what was said upthread: A team can't even offer him a vet minimum or week to week contract without worrying that his GF/agent/"Team" will paint it as "oppression." If Kaep were to have Nike design cleats for him that got game disqualified for colors (as with happened with Browns), "oppression." If Kaep's GF were to Tweet how that team sucked and he got blowback, "oppression" and "misogyny."

Hey it's his brand, and he can't keep it by keeping quiet and working on a vet min and/or week-to-week contract like the vast majority of QB2/QB3 do. And no one can even talk to him about it without having his GF or His Team ready to smear them. So no one is.

This is 100% accurate. He’s connected at the hip to a woman & a dirtbag attorney that will make it impossible for him to sign a backup deal that represents what he has to offer as a player to any team. Choices have consequences & he has made lots of them that have had undesired outcomes & then cry’s victim. Someone needs to explain to him that in this great big world the tail doesn’t generally wag the dog & there’s no such thing as fair.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Having watched Kaep through his last game (it was against Seattle), he's no RW but his 2016 numbers (90.5) are better than most QB2s and even starters.

IF he comes in at that level, he could win some games.

But moreover, he would fit with the fanbase. They are used to people attempting to gaslight them over race. They are used to being the center of race conversations. Whatever he, Nessa, Nike or anyone else does to try to inflame those would be ho-hum as they're used to people trying to do that, all the time, and have been for 50 years.

They'd be seen as the good guys--and relevant--by bringing him in for at least a workout. Or for some hail mary 2019 starts. They more than Cincy/Jets/Bears have really nothing to lose by plugging him in for 2019.

chris98251

Reaction score
Any Franchise that brings him in will be looked at as doing a Fail Mary, 5 games left hardly any time to learn an offense if it's not what he played in before.