My number 1 worry....

SharkHawk

Reaction score
How do we ever possibly consider containing Ted Ginn Jr.? I mean seriously... nobody has stopped that guy in years. Now you put him up with Steve (stop calling me Stevon) Smith and you really have a BIG problem. I hope we can hurry and sign Pete Hunter away from his mortgage processing job for the day so we can at least field enough DB's to cover both of these guys. Smith is a borderline hall of famer for sure, but you throw Ginn into the mix and all of a sudden all ships rise.

I sure hope the Panthers don't acquire Darius Heyward Bey also, or that hydra of receiver dominance will be absolutely unstoppable.

Cartire

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2wqm3ht0 said:
How do we ever possibly consider containing Ted Ginn Jr.? I mean seriously... nobody has stopped that guy in years. Now you put him up with Steve (stop calling me Stevon) Smith and you really have a BIG problem. I hope we can hurry and sign Pete Hunter away from his mortgage processing job for the day so we can at least field enough DB's to cover both of these guys. Smith is a borderline hall of famer for sure, but you throw Ginn into the mix and all of a sudden all ships rise.

I sure hope the Panthers don't acquire Darius Heyward Bey also, or that hydra of receiver dominance will be absolutely unstoppable.

Youre kidding, right?

Ginn is a great returner. He has shown flashes of excellence as a WR. Flashes, and thats it.

Smith was held in check just fine last year without double coverage.

Your worry is nothing more then 'day-before-game-day-worry'

samwize77

Reaction score
I.......er.......uh......what?

Ginn has burned us on returns but I don't recall him being much of a threat as a receiver. Old Man Smith still has a little fire left, but that flame is starting to flicker some I think. And as far as DWB,.......................................................................nuff said.

samwize77

Reaction score
Cartire":1umigzvy said:
SharkHawk":1umigzvy said:

Youre kidding, right?

Ginn is a great returner. He has shown flashes of excellence as a WR. Flashes, and thats it.

Smith was held in check just fine last year without double coverage.

Your worry is nothing more then 'day-before-game-day-worry'
Damn, ya beat me to it :shock:

rideaducati

Reaction score
You're so right. The ONLY reason Ginn wasn't re-signed in Frisco is because he is so great. Harbag and Baalke don't know talent when they see it.

hawk45

Reaction score
As a sarcastic post this one was great, my real worry is that the Panthers turned it on the 2nd half of last year and so we're not facing the pathetic team we faced early last year. We're a different team also, hopefully our improvement is more than theirs, but still.

The refs also worry me a little bit. I have this niggling worry that some big play by Lynch will get destroyed by some ticky tack lowering-the-head penalty.

Cartire

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1zdcxz6j said:
Some people are really gullible.

Im getting it now. But this is the internet. Text has zero emotion, thus why we invented emoticons :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: :thirishdrinkers: :snack: :13: :17: :179417: :179419: :180670: :179422: :domotwak: :curious: :birthday: :icon_new: :jd: :white_flag: :ththsmileyjoke: :thraidersux:

samwize77

Reaction score
Cartire":3qsukl91 said:
JSeahawks":3qsukl91 said:
Some people are really gullible.

Im getting it now. But this is the internet. Text has zero emotion, thus why we invented emoticons :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: :thirishdrinkers: :snack: :13: :17: :179417: :179419: :180670: :179422: :domotwak: :curious: :birthday: :icon_new: :jd: :white_flag: :ththsmileyjoke: :thraidersux:
Damn it Cart, ya shoulda played along...we coulda turned that one around on J

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I'm sorry guys. I read that post where the Panthers fan used caps on every first word, and I had to pretend I didn't and express fear at the very situation he brought up. He said there was no way we could contain both Smith AND Ginn. I literally spit out my drink.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen firsthand what Ginn can do as a special teamer, and he's a fast guy and really is a good return man (which has been a weakness of ours over the years). I have also seen Steve Smith do great things going way back to his college days, and was fuming when the Hawks didn't take him as he continued to slide in the draft (I watched him break his neck about 15 feet away and actually heard the crack... and decided then that I'd always cheer the guy on. I saw him in a halo drilled into his skull later, and he had the look that he'd be back on the field that day if they'd take the screws out of his skull).

But reading that Smith was now unstoppable because Ginn was lined up opposite of him made me laugh. Ginn didn't cut it in Miami, and San Francisco is so desperate they've added TWO of our PS receivers onto their 53 in the last several months and Ginn didn't even stick there. Maybe he has a good career in Carolina, but as others mentioned... Cam is not the king of the checkdown. He has a strong arm and that may help Ginn, but he typically bails before he could launch it long on a broken play which would be Ginn's forte I think.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawk45":1dklzjrn said:
As a sarcastic post this one was great, my real worry is that the Panthers turned it on the 2nd half of last year and so we're not facing the pathetic team we faced early last year. We're a different team also, hopefully our improvement is more than theirs, but still.

The refs also worry me a little bit. I have this niggling worry that some big play by Lynch will get destroyed by some ticky tack lowering-the-head penalty.

Yeah...look at the teams they beat. ALL of them had bad defenses. The Falcons were coming off a win against the Saints the week before. The Falcons had lost four straight to the Saints and I think they had a let down against the Prancers.

hawker232

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2hwdr1if said:

I knew you were joking right when you mentioned signing Pete Hunter for an extra DB lol

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Glad somebody caught the Pete Hunter reference. He seriously is one of my all-time favorite "Rocky" stories, and I loved him getting those big plays against Dallas. I wonder what he's up to? Get him to raise the flag! "Real fans" would go nuts.

Seahawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much, thats what the performing enhancement drugs are for

Rocket

Reaction score
I fear the Beast will get man-raped by a bad using his head call...
I blame Michael Robinson, cuz the showed that video of him doing it.

Rocket

Reaction score
I fear the Beast will get man-raped by a bad using his head call...
I blame Michael Robinson, cuz the showed that video of him doing it.

Latest posts