My Pessimistic View of our Cap Situation

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1w5srzcg said:
FlyingGreg":1w5srzcg said:
Speaking of the draft...we need a good one this year, especially with the first round pick which has been more miss than hit with Pete and John.

As it stands today, our 2013 draft is pretty uninspiring. We only got meaningful contributions from a 5th round pick (Willson) and a 7th round pick (Bowie). It was a luxury draft, understandably - our roster was stacked and it was going to be hard for those picks to break in. I also realize Michael was a future pick.

But this time around, we need to hit on a lot more and get eventual replacements in place for the upcoming exodus.
It was not a luxury draft. It was a red shirt draft. There is a big philisophical difference.

We won't know that until we see how these players pan out. Until that happens, I still view it as a luxury draft in the spirit of we were able to not have to draft for need and we drafted for future.

We are saying the same thing, just different semantics.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":bfxodo1y said:
Speaking of the draft...we need a good one this year, especially with the first round pick which has been more miss than hit with Pete and John.

As it stands today, our 2013 draft is pretty uninspiring. We only got meaningful contributions from a 5th round pick (Willson) and a 7th round pick (Bowie). It was a luxury draft, understandably - our roster was stacked and it was going to be hard for those picks to break in. I also realize Michael was a future pick.

But this time around, we need to hit on a lot more and get eventual replacements in place for the upcoming exodus.

I always count Percy Harvin as part of that draft - which is a hit.

Chrstine Michael was a great pick as he would have been a huge piece if Marshawn went down for any reason. Everyone is glad he didn't but we were thin at RB. I expect him to get the rock more this year.

Otherwise I hope Jordan Hill can replace McDaniel or McDonald for us - or at best Mebane in a year or two.

Willson was a great pick in the 5th round and I think grabbing Bowie and Bailey with late round picks is commendable.

It wasn't a perfect draft but it filled some needs. I would love a big WR/TE and some offensive lineman in the top half of the draft as well as a defensive lineman with LBs and DBs to round out the bottom half.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Scottemojo":21zgwuwi said:
Tical21":21zgwuwi said:
Time for me to earn my class pessimist label. I've been reading posts since the Super Bowl about guys we "have" to keep, to find a way to get done, etc. Doing my remedial math and going over some basic numbers, I just really don't see that we can do much of anything at all, let alone sign anybody to pretty large contracts, i.e. Bennett and Golden.

From the reports on the radio, we're currently somewhere around 1-2 million over the cap. I've seen arguments that we're 1-2 million under, but whatever, we'll just consider it that we're at the cap for these purposes. This, of course, is without Bennett's money, without Tate, Breno, McDaniels/Donald, Hauschka, etc., etc., etc.

So, first, we've got to find a way to field a team, right? We need some bodies on the D-Line, maybe some on the O-Line. Just in order to field a team, we can cut Sidney Rice, right? The popular names that everybody throws around to cut are Rice, Miller, Red and Clem. Saves us 24 million against the cap this season. Right? Follow me?

The popular sentiment around here is that we immediately can spend that 24 million. We can give 8 of it to Bennett, 6 to Golden, re-sign Breno and McDaniel and Hauschka, maybe re-negotiate Red and basically be done with it right? I know contracts are for more complex than this, but we're in the ballpark.

A few things keep looming in my head. Sure, we have those four guys that are "dead weight". But we really don't have anybody like this coming up in the next few years. The next steps are to start talking about cutting guys like Lynch and Mebane. A little different from cutting Sidney Rice and Zach Miller. So we're not going to have the luxury of just cutting dead weight every year. The fat will basically be trimmed after this one-time deal.

The other issue I see is that we can't afford to be at the cap. By the end of next season, we need to find a way to come up with 30 million, maybe more, to keep Russell Wilson and Sherman. Thomas may not cost a bunch up front, but his contract will be really big in later years too. Okung may actually save us a couple of million up-front as he has a pretty big cap number now. 30 million, gentlemen (and ladies), 30 milllion. 30 million.

So, I view this as our one chance. I view the cutting of Rice, Miller, Red and Clem as our chance to keep Richard Sherman. If you want to find a way to do it, that is your way to do it. But you need to change your philosophy from "if there is any way to keep player x, we'll find it", to "if there is any way to cut player x, we have to do it". We are deepest team in the NFL? Time to prove it.

If we want to keep Sherman, we can't afford Bennett. We can't afford Golden. We can't afford Breno. We probably can't afford McDaniel. Maybe McDonald, maybe McDaniel if he comes really cheap on a short deal. Probably can't afford Hauschka.

If Bowie looks ready, gotta save the money. If Willson/McCoy look ready, gotta save the money. If Jordan Hill isn't ready, still gotta save the money. Unless you think we don't need Sherman. Then it makes things a bit more breathable.

After Russell and Sherm are done, we're going to have more than 50 million tied up in four players. Then you start talking Mebane, Kam, Lynch, Okung, and you've got like 75 million tied up in 8 players. 2/3 of your cap in 8 players. I don't think we have room to add another 7-8 million dollar contract. I don't even think we have room to add another 4 million dollar contract, long-term.

Am I wrong? Am I missing something? Please, please don't simply respond by saying John Schneider finds a way because he's John Schneider. I would love to think that we can re-sign and extend everybody and all hold hands around the fire, but I don't even know that a miracle can do this. The good news, is that most of the guys will be back next year, let's go get another one.

Lynch is a next year issue. Who knows what his odometer will look like by then? As for the rest, here goes.

You are absolutely correct, there is only room on the roster for 7 or 8 big deals, and you will probably have to count Russell as two of those. We are going to lose fan favorites. There is no doubt about that. The compensatory picks we get will be of small consolation to fans, but they matter.

This year is when John Schneider begins to earn his raises. This is uncharted territory for Seahawk fans, having half our team both coveted and earning a lot of eyeball as free agents. However, there is a myth that John and Pete somehow got lucky with late round picks. Which is unsustainable. I adamantly counter that Pete's program is so good at developing players that we can expect the late round success to continue. Pete's program is absolutely sustainable.

I would not be averse to trading/losing to free agency Richard Sherman or any other star besides Wilson/Earl/Kam (who is locked up anyway) if need be. I know that statement is as popular as drinking horse piss, especially in the case of Sherman, but bear with me. Take fan sentimentality out of the mix, and there are a couple of undeniable facts.

As a secondary coach(and head coach here), Pete coached a Niners secondary, a Vikings secondary, and a Seahawks secondary into what is statistically supported as 3 of the best secondaries of the last 40 years. There is also some merit to believing that he knows what the hell he is doing schematically when you consider how he has made guys like Maxwell, Browner, and Lane look like very good NFL players. The only constant in those 3 teams? Pete. His program and approach will continue to develop good athletes into good players. I used to think the draft was all about finding good players, but it has been watching this program that has convinced me just want a role player development plays in a great program.

Also, much as we love Sherman here, there is some merit to the argument you hear from NFL players that Sherman isn't a true lockdown player, primarily because he plays so much cover 3 zone, and he plays the right side only. I am not denying the talent we have seen on the field, or cheapening his ability, but outside of week two on a slow Boldin, we do not see Seattle scheme to take away the best receiver on the other team by putting one DB on him. Any team willing to pay Richard huge money to go all over the field and lock down a receiver would be purchasing an unknown quantitiy which I think Tical is well aware of. My point? Paying Richard top CB money would be silly. I would not begrudge him a big contract, top ten, but if Seattle signed him to the biggest deal a CB has gotten they would be paying him to do things they schematically will not even ask him to do. Add to that Pete's track record of great secondaries, and I think we can trust this front office to sustain good defense without going into cap hell to keep players beyond a small group of stars.

How much are you expecting Sherman to command? I've said it many times, but you have to throw Revis's deal out of the equation because there are zero guarantees in it. It's a succession of one-year deals. Second highest paid corner is making $10M/yr. The baseline for Sherman's deal will likely be set by Alterraun Verner (UFA), Patrick Peterson (eligible for extension), and Aqib Talib (UFA). Unless three other teams are planning to hand out $16M/yr contracts for a CB, I don't think you have to worry about Sherman's deal being out-of-control. Luckily, we have the good fortune of waiting for Verner and Talib to get done before creating a number for Sherman.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
All I'm going to say is examine the depth behind your superstar players.

Thomas = Maragos, the guy who laterals a botched FG snap to the Titans for a touchdown when simply getting tackled would have ended the half.

Sherman = Maxwell and Lane, both proven starters, 3 if we can make a decent deal with WT3.

Okung = LOL

Wilson = LOL

Bennett = second and third year players, with injury issues last year, unless we pay Clinton McDonald.

There's only one place we're overly blessed with proven talent.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pzalkbfe said:
volsunghawk":pzalkbfe said:
And I think this is going to be damn hard on us as fans. We're going to see guys like Smith, Browner, Robinson, Giacomini, etc. leave on a pretty regular basis as we replace them with draft picks. I'm not even sure guys like Irvin, Wright, or Unger are safe beyond their current deals. But for as hard as it is going to be on us seeing fan favorites depart, it's going to be much harder on Schneider, since he was instrumental in bringing most of these guys in and will have to be the one that pulls the trigger on letting them walk.

I think seeing these guys leave will be a walk in the park compared to if/when we have to cut a guy like Marshawn. His contract is through 2015, so if he has another BeastMode-esque season next year, I'm not sure we can afford to give him another big contract for another 2-3 years like he'll want.

Honestly, I don't see any way that Lynch is on the team after the 2015 season, and depending on how Michael develops, he might not even be here when the 2015 season starts. And the day he's gone is going to be a very difficult day.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1oxnzycy said:

Thomas = Maragos, the guy who laterals a botched FG snap to the Titans for a touchdown when simply getting tackled would have ended the half.

Sherman = Maxwell and Lane, both proven starters, 3 if we can make a decent deal with WT3.

Okung = LOL

Wilson = LOL

Bennett = second and third year players, with injury issues last year, unless we pay Clinton McDonald.

True, but Maxwell and Sherman's contracts end at the same time. Assuming Thurmond bounces and Browner is done, that depth is an illusion unless you expect Seattle to draft and develop another shutdown corner in 12 months. Bottom line is someone will have to be paid to maintain your corner play, and my vote is to give to the guy who has stayed more consistent/healthy over the last three years.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2oz1j3yz said:
FlyingGreg":2oz1j3yz said:

I always count Percy Harvin as part of that draft - which is a hit.

Chrstine Michael was a great pick as he would have been a huge piece if Marshawn went down for any reason. Everyone is glad he didn't but we were thin at RB. I expect him to get the rock more this year.

Otherwise I hope Jordan Hill can replace McDaniel or McDonald for us - or at best Mebane in a year or two.

Willson was a great pick in the 5th round and I think grabbing Bowie and Bailey with late round picks is commendable.

It wasn't a perfect draft but it filled some needs. I would love a big WR/TE and some offensive lineman in the top half of the draft as well as a defensive lineman with LBs and DBs to round out the bottom half.

Harvin is separate for me since we traded for him. I understand what you are saying, but I'm talking straight up draft assessment.

Agreed on Michael. He is the future. Solid pick.

Hill is an "IF". Harper didn't even make the team. Monstar is a HUGE "IF". Simon was left on the shelf. Seymour and Powell are not on the roster anymore.

Bailey was not a draft pick, he was an UDFA.

We need some of that 2013 class to emerge in the next few years, and I think they will. But we also need to hit it pretty solid in this next draft.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Like everyone else is saying, you keep a select few all-pro type players and draft/sign cheap FA. One thing that will help this is compensatory picks. As we lose these good players to FA, we will be getting a lot of compensatory picks in return. If we were to lose someone like Sherman, we might even get a 2nd rd pick out of the deal.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3bqxqvlb said:
Like everyone else is saying, you keep a select few all-pro type players and draft/sign cheap FA. One thing that will help this is compensatory picks. As we lose these good players to FA, we will be getting a lot of compensatory picks in return. If we were to lose someone like Sherman, we might even get a 2nd rd pick out of the deal.

3rd round is highest you can get for a compensatory pick.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":h029inns said:
EverydayImRusselin":h029inns said:

3rd round is highest you can get for a compensatory pick.

This. I expect that we will see more FA departures than we see additions, and those compensatory picks will be part of what the team relies on to build depth and future starters each year.

The need to "hit" on multiple players in each draft is going to be eased a bit by the fact that we will probably be looking at 9-10 draft picks each year, if not more. We'll see trade downs more often than trade ups in order to stockpile picks each season (and in future drafts).

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2zp0t5ix said:
Tical21":2zp0t5ix said:
Time for me to earn my class pessimist label. I've been reading posts since the Super Bowl about guys we "have" to keep, to find a way to get done, etc. Doing my remedial math and going over some basic numbers, I just really don't see that we can do much of anything at all, let alone sign anybody to pretty large contracts, i.e. Bennett and Golden.

From the reports on the radio, we're currently somewhere around 1-2 million over the cap. I've seen arguments that we're 1-2 million under, but whatever, we'll just consider it that we're at the cap for these purposes. This, of course, is without Bennett's money, without Tate, Breno, McDaniels/Donald, Hauschka, etc., etc., etc.

So, first, we've got to find a way to field a team, right? We need some bodies on the D-Line, maybe some on the O-Line. Just in order to field a team, we can cut Sidney Rice, right? The popular names that everybody throws around to cut are Rice, Miller, Red and Clem. Saves us 24 million against the cap this season. Right? Follow me?

The popular sentiment around here is that we immediately can spend that 24 million. We can give 8 of it to Bennett, 6 to Golden, re-sign Breno and McDaniel and Hauschka, maybe re-negotiate Red and basically be done with it right? I know contracts are for more complex than this, but we're in the ballpark.

A few things keep looming in my head. Sure, we have those four guys that are "dead weight". But we really don't have anybody like this coming up in the next few years. The next steps are to start talking about cutting guys like Lynch and Mebane. A little different from cutting Sidney Rice and Zach Miller. So we're not going to have the luxury of just cutting dead weight every year. The fat will basically be trimmed after this one-time deal.

The other issue I see is that we can't afford to be at the cap. By the end of next season, we need to find a way to come up with 30 million, maybe more, to keep Russell Wilson and Sherman. Thomas may not cost a bunch up front, but his contract will be really big in later years too. Okung may actually save us a couple of million up-front as he has a pretty big cap number now. 30 million, gentlemen (and ladies), 30 milllion. 30 million.

So, I view this as our one chance. I view the cutting of Rice, Miller, Red and Clem as our chance to keep Richard Sherman. If you want to find a way to do it, that is your way to do it. But you need to change your philosophy from "if there is any way to keep player x, we'll find it", to "if there is any way to cut player x, we have to do it". We are deepest team in the NFL? Time to prove it.

If we want to keep Sherman, we can't afford Bennett. We can't afford Golden. We can't afford Breno. We probably can't afford McDaniel. Maybe McDonald, maybe McDaniel if he comes really cheap on a short deal. Probably can't afford Hauschka.

If Bowie looks ready, gotta save the money. If Willson/McCoy look ready, gotta save the money. If Jordan Hill isn't ready, still gotta save the money. Unless you think we don't need Sherman. Then it makes things a bit more breathable.

After Russell and Sherm are done, we're going to have more than 50 million tied up in four players. Then you start talking Mebane, Kam, Lynch, Okung, and you've got like 75 million tied up in 8 players. 2/3 of your cap in 8 players. I don't think we have room to add another 7-8 million dollar contract. I don't even think we have room to add another 4 million dollar contract, long-term.

Am I wrong? Am I missing something? Please, please don't simply respond by saying John Schneider finds a way because he's John Schneider. I would love to think that we can re-sign and extend everybody and all hold hands around the fire, but I don't even know that a miracle can do this. The good news, is that most of the guys will be back next year, let's go get another one.

Lynch is a next year issue. Who knows what his odometer will look like by then? As for the rest, here goes.

You are absolutely correct, there is only room on the roster for 7 or 8 big deals, and you will probably have to count Russell as two of those. We are going to lose fan favorites. There is no doubt about that. The compensatory picks we get will be of small consolation to fans, but they matter.

This year is when John Schneider begins to earn his raises. This is uncharted territory for Seahawk fans, having half our team both coveted and earning a lot of eyeball as free agents. However, there is a myth that John and Pete somehow got lucky with late round picks. Which is unsustainable. I adamantly counter that Pete's program is so good at developing players that we can expect the late round success to continue. Pete's program is absolutely sustainable.

I would not be averse to trading/losing to free agency Richard Sherman or any other star besides Wilson/Earl/Kam (who is locked up anyway) if need be. I know that statement is as popular as drinking horse piss, especially in the case of Sherman, but bear with me. Take fan sentimentality out of the mix, and there are a couple of undeniable facts.

As a secondary coach(and head coach here), Pete coached a Niners secondary, a Vikings secondary, and a Seahawks secondary into what is statistically supported as 3 of the best secondaries of the last 40 years. There is also some merit to believing that he knows what the hell he is doing schematically when you consider how he has made guys like Maxwell, Browner, and Lane look like very good NFL players. The only constant in those 3 teams? Pete. His program and approach will continue to develop good athletes into good players. I used to think the draft was all about finding good players, but it has been watching this program that has convinced me just want a role player development plays in a great program.

Also, much as we love Sherman here, there is some merit to the argument you hear from NFL players that Sherman isn't a true lockdown player, primarily because he plays so much cover 3 zone, and he plays the right side only. I am not denying the talent we have seen on the field, or cheapening his ability, but outside of week two on a slow Boldin, we do not see Seattle scheme to take away the best receiver on the other team by putting one DB on him. Any team willing to pay Richard huge money to go all over the field and lock down a receiver would be purchasing an unknown quantitiy which I think Tical is well aware of. My point? Paying Richard top CB money would be silly. I would not begrudge him a big contract, top ten, but if Seattle signed him to the biggest deal a CB has gotten they would be paying him to do things they schematically will not even ask him to do. Add to that Pete's track record of great secondaries, and I think we can trust this front office to sustain good defense without going into cap hell to keep players beyond a small group of stars.
I know I'm nitpicking here, but Sherman slid inside on 3rd downs against Graham twice, Fitz, and Boldin in the last two meetings. He didn't go across the field to the other side, but he did switch places with Thurmond/Lane and slide inside. I also think we played enough man to show that he is pretty capable at it.

I really don't see discounting his ability. I have about zero doubt that he would be very successful if he played more man. I have never in my life seen a corner make so many breaks before the receiver does.

That said, I do think he's more important in our scheme than possibly any other. His ability to cover the fade route just completely lets Earl get all over the place. I would rather have him than a Bennett/Tate combo, or any two good players at basically any other positions. I still get dizzy trying to figure out if he or Earl is easier to replace. I am just assuming that Sherman is in our plans with my post. If he isn't, my entire post is basically irrelevant.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I highly doubt Sherman is someone that doesn't stay. If we were to let him go there is no way its through free agency though. It would be through a trade and Sherman would surely command a first in return,

Lady Talon

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3lj528c3 said:
Lady Talon":3lj528c3 said:

Okung = LOL

Wilson = LOL

True, but Maxwell and Sherman's contracts end at the same time. Assuming Thurmond bounces and Browner is done, that depth is an illusion unless you expect Seattle to draft and develop another shutdown corner in 12 months. Bottom line is someone will have to be paid to maintain your corner play, and my vote is to give to the guy who has stayed more consistent/healthy over the last three years.

We've had more success at drafting and developing talent at CB than we have had on the DL. By a large factor. Our secondary will take a hit the other way as well if we can't pressure or contain the run with our front four. We'll be partying like it's 2012.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Lady Talon":xprmadsy said:
Our secondary will take a hit the other way as well if we can't pressure or contain the run with our front four. We'll be partying like it's 2012.

We were the #1 defense in 2012. If we have Clemons in ATL, we go to the Super Bowl.

2012 w/ mediocre pass rush: 15.3 PPG allowed (1.8 PPG better than 2nd best team).
2013 w/ good pass rush: 14.4 PPG allowed (0.7 PPG better than 2nd best team).

Thomas and Sherman were 1st Team All-Pros in both years.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
DavidSeven":nk2pmai0 said:
Lady Talon":nk2pmai0 said:
Our secondary will take a hit the other way as well if we can't pressure or contain the run with our front four. We'll be partying like it's 2012.

We were the #1 defense in 2012. If we have Clemons in ATL, we go to the Super Bowl.

2012 w/ mediocre pass rush: 15.3 PPG allowed (1.8 PPG better than 2nd best team).
2013 w/ good pass rush: 14.4 PPG allowed (0.7 PPG better than 2nd best team).

Thomas and Sherman were 1st Team All-Pros in both years.

Sure, playing a second place schedule in a considerably weaker NFC West...even with Clemons, no sure bet we would win an NFC Championship in Candlestick.

We had no expectations, the read option few could defend, and no target on our backs. Seems things went a little different this year, and now everything changes when your #1.

We had the worst draft as far as positioning and number of picks in the NFC West in in the 2013 draft, and we will again in the 2014 draft. make a deep playoff run again and we'll lag behind in 2015 too. It's foolish not to make a bold move there, or we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot.

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3bjrizs5 said:
The Packers have three players accounting for about $40M of cap next year (Rodgers, Matthews, Tramon Williams) AND have $30M in free cap space! In Detroit, Stafford/Megatron/Suh are going to hit them for $50M of cap next year, and they're still $6M under the cap

As long as the guys you pay live up to what you're paying them, you can continue winning under this model. !

These two teams are perfect examples of what happens when you put to much money into to few players. They are not examples of how to work the cap. They had injuries to key players and they became subpar.

Seattle just won the superbowl from being the most complete team. Comparing them to how other teams work is an issue when those other teams are exposed by the lack of overall skills.

To me Harvin was a bad signing. That money should have been spent on Sherman.

We are not in trouble this year or next year - cap tricks solves those issues. We are in trouble 2017 and beyond when base salaries will be high

mikeak

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2vampqea said:
Cap space carries over. Seattle has 2 extra million to spend on top of a potential cap move to 130 million for 2014. .

Cap is projected at 126 million next year and not to get a significant bump until the next TV deal.

Now last year it ended up $1-2M higher than projections so we will see but I am curious to where you read $130M

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mikeak":2f45m4w1 said:
DavidSeven":2f45m4w1 said:
The Packers have three players accounting for about $40M of cap next year (Rodgers, Matthews, Tramon Williams) AND have $30M in free cap space! In Detroit, Stafford/Megatron/Suh are going to hit them for $50M of cap next year, and they're still $6M under the cap

As long as the guys you pay live up to what you're paying them, you can continue winning under this model. !

These two teams are perfect examples of what happens when you put to much money into to few players. They are not examples of how to work the cap. They had injuries to key players and they became subpar.

Seattle just won the superbowl from being the most complete team. Comparing them to how other teams work is an issue when those other teams are exposed by the lack of overall skills.

To me Harvin was a bad signing. That money should have been spent on Sherman.

We are not in trouble this year or next year - cap tricks solves those issues. We are in trouble 2017 and beyond when base salaries will be high
They couldn't sign Sherman to an extension until this year. And it's NEVER a bad to sign Percy Harvin because as you see he changes the entire game and our entire offense just by stepping on the field.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
mikeak":1fr09ui8 said:
DavidSeven":1fr09ui8 said:

The Packers have been contenders for the last seven years. Made the playoffs in the last 6/7 years; won 10+ games in 5/7 years. They won 8 games with Rodgers missing half the season. How many do they win with him? 11-12? Any team that loses it's starting QB is going to suffer a drop. They've been dealing with injuries for years, but still win 10+ games every single season. Schneider was raised in the Green Bay school of GMing, and this is the path he's going to follow IMO (i.e. pay your big-time stars and let all of your "really good" players walk in FA).

Can you name a team besides GB and NE that have done it consistently better over the last seven years who are still in great cap shape?

edogg23

Reaction score
Stop for a second and think about how we got most of the talent we have? Its though John and Pete's ability to find talent in the draft. We as fans are just going to have to understand that we can't keep all of the good players. Trying to do so is what causes you to drop off after a while, because you end up with too many high priced players. We have to let them go and rely on John and Pete to keep rebuilding though the draft. I hate to see any of the LOB go but, as you have seen with Browner leaving, cornerbacks are replaceable in this system, even Sherman.

Latest posts