my picks, 4 rounds guessing 5th overall pick

Ozzy

Reaction score
I do like that geno is good enough that you’re not forced to take one. They’re in a perfect situation

vonstout

Reaction score
Scramble for a Rd.1 QB might get ugly this draft. As of today (12/26) there’s a case for six of the top ten potentially looking for a QB and that’s with me deliberately ignoring Seattle’s plans to highlight how much this could be a thing elsewhere.

Looking for a QB, in current drafting order:

1 Houston
4 Arizona
5 Indianapolis
6 Atlanta
8 Carolina
9 Las Vegas

(Yeah, The Raiders might be a stretch but not that much of one right now)

And that’s before you get to the rest of the teams with uncertain QB rooms:

15 NYJ
20 Tampa Bay
21 Washington
23 NYG

So eleven teams that could look to move up to grab this year’s bright young thing.
Arizona can’t afford to move on from Murray. Sam Darnold has played well, so they aren’t a lock to take a QB.Indy keeps picking up old QBs, so Carr looks like a perfect fit for them! Jimmy G, Brady, and Geno will probably start somewhere. White started off hot, but has fallen off, so I agree with you there. The Giants say they want to extend Jones now. It will be an entertaining offseason

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Myles Murphy DL
Tyree Wilson EDGE
Trenton Simpson LB
JL Skinner SS
Cameron Ward QB
John Michael Schmitz C
Owen Pappoe LB
Steve Avila C/G

Chuckwow

Reaction score
A very real need for QB aside, I'd be thrilled with your top 3 picks of Murphy, Simpson and Schmitz. Hard to imagine not striking gold with at least 2 of the 3 and we can't (realistically) expect too much more than that. Stuff happens.

I definitely see a scenario where JS trades down and I have mixed emotions about that. So much talent in this draft and try as I might, I'd be shocked if I know .0000003% of what our FO knows and hopefully much less than that. But what I do know is that if I were working our war room, I sure wouldn't be getting too creative or cute. JS has the luxury of keeping it simple and hopefully won't (again) feel the need to be the smartest guy on the planet. Even if just going BPA this time around, BPA is seldom a bad idea, IMO.

In addition to the above and like many others here, atop of several other areas of need, I'd love to get a complement to Walker in the backfield. I have zero idea where Penny is at this time and will just have to respect the decision made in regards to him and this RB class.
I'd be stoked if we could pull off a deal that would bring us a safety like Branch. Many will scoff at that and say we already have Adams and many of those people absolutely do not want to take another chance on the oft-injured Penny. I must be missing something.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Murray isn't going anywhere at AZ. they aren't picking a QB

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
5 Myles Murphy DL
20 Siaki Ika DT

37 Trenton Simpson LB
52 JL Skinner SS

101 John Michael Schmitz C

133 Spencer Anderson G

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooo
DTR was a fifth year senior. He is going to the NFL. Although I wouldn’t want the Hawks to draft him early. Maybe the 5th rd or later. Watched him on a regular basis as a season ticket holder and I don’t see him being a great NFL QB. Very athletic, but he doesn’t have the size for the NFL, and wasn’t clutch in the big games.

12forlife

Reaction score
5 Myles Murphy DL
20 Siaki Ika DT

37 Trenton Simpson LB
52 JL Skinner SS

101 John Michael Schmitz C

133 Spencer Anderson G
Solid draft imo, but I think u have to take Simpson @ 20 if not already off the board, then take Mazi Smith or Ika @ 37