My preseason 2 cents

Fade

Reaction score
Fade":15zlhai3 said:
hawknation2015":15zlhai3 said:

I want to see Tyler Lockett in the backfield on 3rd down same concept. Bevell and Reed are buddies he needs to steal this it is a copycat league after all.

Fade

Reaction score
ivotuk":3hnqe1b3 said:
There is a huge benefit to not having a Kearly thread, and that's having all this great input that we are getting here.

There are a lot of posters on this board with great points of view, and most of them have been represented in this thread, and a few others.

Thank you, all of you.

And remember, generally speaking, no one person's opinion is any more valid than another's.

Admittedly, there's a few boneheaded posts here and there, but they rarely take anything from the good posts.

Please keep up the good work.

:th2thumbs:

Can we have the next post game thread be called add your 2 cents, or something along those lines? Either OP created or Mod Created it doesn't really matter.

It worked well this time maybe we found something to replace the retired Random Thoughts.

Fade

Reaction score
ivotuk":nro4joyh said:
I don't have the experience to recognize a play call from a short clip, but watching it over and over, it looks to me like Christine starts outside, then turns and heads up the middle.

It would be awfully nice if Cable would spend more time telling fans what's going down during preseason games. It's not like he would be giving away secrets. More Chalk Talk from Brock Huard is what we need.

It's an outside zone with the backside guard (Sweezy) & tackle (Gilliam) cut blocking. It is a staple play in the Alex Gibbs / Tom Cable zone running game.

When properly executed it looks like a cut back (up the middle) but it really isn't.

I highly recommend all Hawk fans watch these Gibbs clinic vids to better understand what Seattle is trying to do in the run game.
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/8/2/3215058/alex-gibbs-teaches-the-zone-blocking-scheme