My sentiment exactly

morgulon1

Reaction score
First of all I want to say that I don't "hate" Pete Carroll . I've defended him more than many others on .net . But something snapped in me today and I have grown weary of 10 years of underwhelming to slightly above average play. Most coaches don't get this many seasons to shit the bed. I know , a Superbowl win buys someone a lot of goodwill but damn.

I copied and pasted some dudes post on Fieldgulls because it perfectly summed up my feelings on where they're at as a team.

"This feels like one of the first times that Schneider and Carroll's contributions to the team can be divorced from each other. The talent that Schneider has acquired should be performing way way better than this, and the mistakes that are getting made like the horrible, never-ending penalty issues, play sequencing into 3rd down ineptitude, and frequent personnel misusage (rotating right tackles, complete disappearance of the tight end, Dee Eskridge as kick returner) are because of the coaching. The pieces are there, but there needs to be somebody new to put them in place."

Sorry for stealing dude's quote.

Fade

Reaction score
First of all I want to say that I don't "hate" Pete Carroll . I've defended him more than many others on .net . But something snapped in me today and I have grown weary of 10 years of underwhelming to slightly above average play. Most coaches don't get this many seasons to shit the bed. I know , a Superbowl win buys someone a lot of goodwill but damn.

I copied and pasted some dudes post on Fieldgulls because it perfectly summed up my feelings on where they're at as a team.

"This feels like one of the first times that Schneider and Carroll's contributions to the team can be divorced from each other. The talent that Schneider has acquired should be performing way way better than this, and the mistakes that are getting made like the horrible, never-ending penalty issues, play sequencing into 3rd down ineptitude, and frequent personnel misusage (rotating right tackles, complete disappearance of the tight end, Dee Eskridge as kick returner) are because of the coaching. The pieces are there, but there needs to be somebody new to put them in place."

You hate Pete. Why would you even question our lord and savior?

Clearly it is the coaching underneath him. Sure, he hired those guys, and sure, he is responsible for them. But it is not his fault. /s

86m4r0
That's all I've been saying for 4 years now.

At a certain point the light bulb has to go on for people.

Pete continues to squander the talent he has. With sloppy plans, sloppy management. Sloppy hires, and sloppy adjustments.

His trick is... Hire stooge coordinators, they catch the blame. Pete keeps on rollin'. It never will end until Judy gets a clue.

ccla

Reaction score

Welcome to the club. I kinda stepped back last year because for the first time since the second Super Bowl we overachieved, but it was a mirage.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I don't hate Pete either. I think he's the greatest coach this franchise has ever had. The culture he brought here, the winning, the Superbowl, all if it has been a great ride.

But it's time. I want him to go out on good terms and let a different coach with a new perspective, a new philosophy on both sides of the ball, to take the reigns.

They've drafted themselves some good young talent in various key spots on the club. Once they get out from under Adams' contract that should free them up to make some other moves too.

All in all, I will ALWAYS appreciate coach Carroll for what he brought to our favorite team. But watching these games for the past 7-8 years have become so stale, so predictable, that if I know what we're about to run, then the other team knows too.

I want Carroll to ride off into the sunset amicably, spend time with his wife sitting on the beach chewing his gum. But it's time for a new head coach. We need to change our schemes on both sides of the ball.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Goes without saying but I've not posted in a while and feel like I want to say something.

A HUGE issue with this team is a lack of discipline.
Pete is the antithesis of a disciplinarian.

And that has gone on forever. Even before our SB win. Even before Pete took the Hawks job. What Pete can't shrug off he'll turn a blind eye to. Forever I will be grateful for our lone SB win. Forever I will be irked that we won just one. You'd like to see the guy walk away on his own terms and maybe some of you are right. Maybe we'll miss him. But how can we miss him if he won't go away?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
A big yawn. When haven’t the Hawks under Pete been the most penalized team in the league? It’s part of the deal. Play the ball. Love made a bad penalty, Riq’s penalty was garbage. It’s all Pete though. Even though both players were in perfect position.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Goes without saying but I've not posted in a while and feel like I want to say something.

A HUGE issue with this team is a lack of discipline.
Pete is the antithesis of a disciplinarian.

And that has gone on forever. Even before our SB win. Even before Pete took the Hawks job. What Pete can't shrug off he'll turn a blind eye to. Forever I will be grateful for our lone SB win. Forever I will be irked that we won just one. You'd like to see the guy walk away on his own terms and maybe some of you are right. Maybe we'll miss him. But how can we miss him if he won't go away?
Careful not to swing that pendulum too far to the "disciplinarian" side. Josh McDaniels falls into that category at last check. There have been a ton of "disciplinarians" who are just shitty coaches.

olyfan63

Reaction score
A big yawn. When haven’t the Hawks under Pete been the most penalized team in the league? It’s part of the deal. Play the ball. Love made a bad penalty, Riq’s penalty was garbage. It’s all Pete though. Even though both players were in perfect position.
Do you mean Witherspoon's penalty? I only have RedZone here in FL so I didn't get to see Riq's hands-to-the-face penalty that literally cost us the game. Or was Riq's penalty garbage also?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Fade going to his memes. It’s so predictable and common.

Try to enjoy the ride, guys. Maybe PC & JS are gone after this year. Who knows. Continue to root and watch. Makes us the best fans in the nfl.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Do you mean Witherspoon's penalty? I only have RedZone here in FL so I didn't get to see Riq's hands-to-the-face penalty that literally cost us the game. Or was Riq's penalty garbage also?
Not the hands to the face. His PI in the end zone.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Riq definitely hit the guy square in the face mask and turned his head. According to the rules I believe they call that one most of the time these days.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Riq definitely hit the guy square in the face mask and turned his head. According to the rules I believe they call that one most of the time these days.
And listening to young Woolen , he already has the Seahawk-speak down
" We have to clean some things up" or at least I think that's what he was saying.
I'm sure they "coach" these guys on what to say after a horrible loss.

The end zone PI was a complete fraud.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

These players are responsible themselves for these dumb penalties. Pete said again today that it is a focal point in game preparations. That’s all the coaches can do. On game day it is up to players to play smart football. Especially the defensive backs need understand that NFL refs nowadays call DPI very tight — more than I have ever seen in my decades of watching games. The rules and the refs have the deck stacked against them.

LTH

Reaction score
T
You hate Pete. Why would you even question our lord and savior?

Clearly it is the coaching underneath him. Sure, he hired those guys, and sure, he is responsible for them. But it is not his fault. /s

View attachment 61973
That's all I've been saying for 4 years now.

At a certain point the light bulb has to go on for people.

Pete continues to squander the talent he has. With sloppy plans, sloppy management. Sloppy hires, and sloppy adjustments.

His trick is... Hire stooge coordinators, they catch the blame. Pete keeps on rollin'. It never will end until Judy gets a clue.
That is such bullsh!t. You sound like a disgruntled employee!

You use any excuse you can to put down this team. Let's say Pete does get fired... you won't stop. It will just be some one else to bitch at. You remind me of my ex wife!

When are you going to get a clue..I'm mean who care you Russ Wilson's ball boy? LMAO!!

You have turned this board into a wallowing haven of negativity for at least 5 years. I've NEVER seen anything like it..

LTH