Name that Scrub Seahawks Edition

drdiags

Reaction score
Barthawk":72wev44i said:
Very good James.. 1985.. 2nd round pick, 53 overall.. seahawks highest drafted player that year..

Yeah, that was the year I thought the whole draft class was cut, though I see Danny Greene did actually show on the roster listed by Hawkstorian. I vaguely remember D Greene playing but for some reason I thought the whole draft class that year got whacked. Memory still functional, just not as sharp as it used to be.

drdiags

Reaction score
Andre Hines probably should have been cut the year they drafted the wrong Stanford guy. Luckily Shula bailed out Patera/Thompson and traded for him. Big screw up on that one.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
You sure ur not talkin' bout West Virginia?

Attachments

• owen-schmitt-03.jpg
    owen-schmitt-03.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 558
OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
This solid veteran player was drafted 14th overall after the Seahawks traded down from the top pick . Bonus : who was drafted with the pick they traded?

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1qg3tpf4 said:
Steve August I think. But he was offense, not defense. So I'm probably wrong.

Ya it was Steve August, not a bad player as he was a starter for us for the better part of a decade but sure as hell was no Tony Dorsett! We've had some bad drafts but that one wasn't so bad because August was some kind of Chris Spencer type but rather because we missed out on one of the best running backs of that era.

seabowl

Reaction score
BlueBlood":8avfp01p said:
KitsapGuy":8avfp01p said:
Steve August I think. But he was offense, not defense. So I'm probably wrong.

Ya it was Steve August, not a bad player as he was a starter for us for the better part of a decade but sure as hell was no Tony Dorsett! We've had some bad drafts but that one wasn't so bad because August was some kind of Chris Spencer type but rather because we missed out on one of the best running backs of that era.

It got much worse than only missing out on Dorsett. We got a 3rd rd pick the following year as well in the Dorsett trade. We ended up trading that one to the Niners and they took.....

Joe Montana