NCAA FBS Coaching Carousel

WmHBonney

Reaction score
drrew":1qcxiiqg said:
Tennessee just fired their AD, apparently Leach had agreed, but that's now dead. Rumor is Phillip Fulmer is pulling strings behind the scenes, actively sabotaging moves in an effort to be named AD.

Very happy UW has a stable coaching situation right now.

SOMETHING has to be happening behind the scenes. This entire process has been a fiasco from the start.

ctrcat

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2fp2jam5 said:
drrew":2fp2jam5 said:
Tennessee just fired their AD, apparently Leach had agreed, but that's now dead. Rumor is Phillip Fulmer is pulling strings behind the scenes, actively sabotaging moves in an effort to be named AD.

Very happy UW has a stable coaching situation right now.

SOMETHING has to be happening behind the scenes. This entire process has been a fiasco from the start.

The Haslam family (Governor Bill and Browns owner Jimmy) supported AD Currie and Schiano. They are the most powerful family in Tennessee. However the vast majority of rabid fans and most other boosters (including Charlie Ergen of Dish Network) are demanding a Gruden level hire and have clashed with the aforementioned, even supposedly having an agreement with Gruden privately. Tennessee fans are tired of losing and want to swing for the fences or go down swinging.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I kinda wish Frost would've stayed at UCF. Hard for a conference to convince the power holders of CFB that they deserve to be elevated to "power conference" level when their best coaches keep leaving after just a few seasons.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2l1commv said:
I kinda wish Frost would've stayed at UCF. Hard for a conference to convince the power holders of CFB that they deserve to be elevated to "power conference" level when their best coaches keep leaving after just a few seasons.

Totally agree. He drops the ball in Nebraska in a couple years and he is done. He was in a perfect situation at UCF to build a somewhat very good program. I want at the very least for the college playoffs to include top conference champions. His team and Memphis could have made the American conference somewhat legitimate. Maybe they already have, I doubt it though.

Maybe give the top 2 teams byes with 4 conference champions. Or 8 teams in the playoffs,,,,, 6 conference champions and 2 wild cards. Why is this so hard? I know the answer though,,,,University Presidents. In their view we should be happy with this for the next 60 years.

I've been watching both pro and collegiate football for 31 yrs and my question still remains. Why are we supposed to care about Bowl games? Only football in America without a serious playoff system.

purpleneer

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2p8xob4j said:
I can't see losing or keeping Frost at UCF having any direct effect on what happens with the conference in that regard. Did it ever feel like the Mountain West was on the verge of an auto bid to any title system on the horizon when Petersen had BSU humming? Will the ACC lose their bid for losing Jimbo? The frequency of losing coaches would need to be changed by revenue and power (in relative terms) growing in the conference first; it won't happen the other way around.
If the committee keep showing power conference teams, namely in the SEC, that avoiding losses is by far the most important thing, then the scheduling won't change in any way that gives the next UCF a chance to have a good enough resume for them.

drrew

Reaction score
Taggart meeting with Florida State officials today.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":oujrvi4o said:
Taggart meeting with Florida State officials today.

Ducks offered him a pretty healthy raise. Duck insiders went to bed last night thinking it was a done deal. FSU has always been his dream though, i'd imagine if they even come close to matching he's gone.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1g929tsu said:
Maulbert":1g929tsu said:

This is maddening. Dude needs to make a decision. Stay or go, just get it over with.

"Oregon Ducks football recruiting class growing frustrated, considering mass decommitments"
https://articles.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2017/12/oregon_ducks_recruiting_class_5.amp

Even if he stays, there's likely some damage done already.

DJrmb

Reaction score
If Taggart does end up in Florida are there any recruits that you see Washington having a strong chance at flipping? Or is anyone who leaves Oregon just going to follow him to FSU?

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/938146610177019904[/tweet]

DJrmb

Reaction score
drrew":1ridej4g said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/938146610177019904[/tweet]
Yeah it's on SB Nation as well and a few other sources. It's a done deal.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Tomahawknation/status/938144539541467143[/tweet]