Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Blitzer88":52txysd7 said:
jammerhawk":52txysd7 said:
TE - Sefferian-Jenkins to sign with Jax 2 years $10 mil.

That isn't very much..........the FO is being really stingy with the funds.

Agreed. I get that the office isn't rolling in cash and that we wait for the day two and three FA's to sign, but it seems like the team is just refusing to pull the trigger. Maybe they were hoping he'd take a $6-$8 Mil. and be able to play back home.

adeltaY

Reaction score
How much money do the Jags have. I get its a cheap deal but damn they also got Norwell. The talent disparity between us and them is staggering, what happened? At least we have a much better QB

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":232ncks2 said:
Blitzer88":232ncks2 said:
jammerhawk":232ncks2 said:
TE - Sefferian-Jenkins to sign with Jax 2 years $10 mil.

That isn't very much..........the FO is being really stingy with the funds.

Maybe they don't like the player that much?

He is a higher risk player. Sober or not.... he is a 6 pack away from suspension. Not great odds in the real world.

Kinger95

Reaction score
The Vikings aren’t giving Sheldon 15 mill. After signing cousins they aren’t splurging on an already solid defense. He’s goin for a visit to gain leverage

HawkFan72

Reaction score
adeltaY":1wji8pfq said:
How much money do the Jags have. I get its a cheap deal but damn they also got Norwell. The talent disparity between us and them is staggering, what happened? At least we have a much better QB

Fans of other teams were saying the same thing about Seattle in 2011–2015.

Jags are going all-in now. They'll be cap-strapped in a couple years just like we are now. But they know this is their window to win, so they are going for it.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":32nuq7jy said:
adeltaY":32nuq7jy said:

Fans of other teams were saying the same thing about Seattle in 2011–2015.

Jags are going all-in now. They'll be cap-strapped in a couple years just like we are now. But they know this is their window to win, so they are going for it.

Should've ditched Bortles and gone for Cousins then. :stirthepot:

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":3s7cqvu2 said:
starting to seriously think Schneids having us over for refusing the GB position :?

That makes zero sense. Why would he risk his resume and work over his ego?

The FO has a strict plan and they don't deviate it from it. It's allowed us to be as successful as we have been and brought us a championship. It's a formula that works.

Teams like Pittsburgh, New England have not signed anyone significant and I'm sure they'll be fine when the season rolls around.

If Suh wants insane money, let some other team pay for it. I rather draft our guys and build.

adeltaY

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3bm79zhy said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":3bm79zhy said:
starting to seriously think Schneids having us over for refusing the GB position :?

The FO has a strict plan and they don't deviate it from it. It's allowed us to be as successful as we have been and brought us a championship. It's a formula that works.

Teams like Pittsburgh, New England have not signed anyone significant and I'm sure they'll be fine when the season rolls around.

If Suh wants insane money, let some other team pay for it. I rather draft our guys and build.

Pretty sure skittles is joking. Pitt and NE have offensive systems that produce elite results year in and year out. We do not, that's the difference.

Seymour

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3t7zqiam said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":3t7zqiam said:

I absolutely do NOT believe that. We would 100% not be in this situation if that were the case.
John may have a plan, but Pete is more a ....ready.....fire.....aim kinda guy.

NE signs big $$ FA's quite often also.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
King Dog":2nxevvb1 said:
Schneids working that magic again

yes the magic to not overpay for a mediocre player. Look at the current TE list and tell me ASJ is worth more than 5M a year?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tight-end/

He's not to me, and we can try and grab one of the other TE's for cheaper, and probably not miss production. Bennett, Watson, Ebron, Celek, Thomas, etc.........all still out there, and all could be a bridge TE for a couple years as ASJ would be until we hopefully draft a good one.

OP
OP
Str8OuttaSkittles

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1t19axjm said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":1t19axjm said:

im joking on the schneid doing us over.. but come on NE or pitt aint gutted their team the way we have

Kinger95

Reaction score
Celek, ebron and Thomas were all cut so they don’t hurt our comp picks but jenkins would have no?

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2fhuu2rk said:
ApnaHawk":2fhuu2rk said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":2fhuu2rk said:

Pretty sure skittles is joking. Pitt and NE have offensive systems that produce elite results year in and year out. We do not, that's the difference.

What are you saying dude... Our AVG wins per season is 10+ over the last 6 years. Pls find me other teams that can match that record besides the 2 mentioned.

Besides Pittsburgh hasn't even made the AFC championship game since 2010, that's almost a decade ago.

So yeah I believe in OUR system cause it has proven over time with the SAME exact leadership that it is successful.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":1pphoas4 said:
ApnaHawk":1pphoas4 said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":1pphoas4 said:

im joking on the schneid doing us over.. but come on NE or pitt aint gutted their team the way we have

Well Pittsburgh went from a defensive juggernaut that beat us and Arizona to an offensive powerhouse. So they too have been through significant change.

Honestly, we have just let go of 2 star players. One coming from an injury and another that we won't pay a 3rd contract too. We have not gutted anything yet.

RCATES

Reaction score
King Dog":2uma9hx1 said:
We're gonna be a dumpster fire this season.

Yep Hawks cashing in this year. Can't even pay 5 mil a year for a good TE. RW will be exposed even more so this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":49ente45 said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":49ente45 said:
ApnaHawk":49ente45 said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":49ente45 said:

Well Pittsburgh went from a defensive juggernaut that beat us and Arizona to an offensive powerhouse. So they too have been through significant change.
Honestly, we have just let go of 2 star players. One coming from an injury and another that we won't pay a 3rd contract too. We have not gutted anything yet.
Beware to the fans who think we should just be an offensive team with a $40 million QB with no D..
Just saying..

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1hwow092 said:
King Dog":1hwow092 said:
Schneids working that magic again

yes the magic to not overpay for a mediocre player. Look at the current TE list and tell me ASJ is worth more than 5M a year?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tight-end/

He's not to me, and we can try and grab one of the other TE's for cheaper, and probably not miss production. Bennett, Watson, Ebron, Celek, Thomas, etc.........all still out there, and all could be a bridge TE for a couple years as ASJ would be until we hopefully draft a good one.
Watson? Isn't he about 37 by now? He should be even older than Celek if it2the same Watson I'm thinking of.

Latest posts