Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

mistaowen

Reaction score
NW guy, wouldn't lose a comp pick signing him, still very disruptive. Interior pressure is the name of the game, team has never had issues getting pressure on the outside. No nagging injury history either so even though he's 31, he likely can still be a brawler for a few years. Calais Campbell is still a monster, lets do it.

*Edit - maybe Sheldon wants to live in the backfield with Suh for the next few years and would take a lesser contract :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":msbtt8yl said:
Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

Bennett’s distractions were all off the field. Suh’s distractions are because he’s a dick on the field. Yes please!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":7nsdwp34 said:
Oh everyone knows what it's really about. Check out what happened to Neiko Thorpe and Mike Tyson.

Tax dollars? lol

Seymour

Reaction score
JSeahawks":x5fdib35 said:
WindCityHawk":x5fdib35 said:

Bennett’s distractions were all off the field. Suh’s distractions are because he’s a dick on the field. Yes please!

Exactly. Big difference between hating on opposing players and hating on a fair percentage of your own fans.

I'm not certain I'm for this deal given his likely cost, buy I am open to the idea.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":105d3sok said:

When was Bennett a distraction on the field?

His chirping on Twitter and distractions were all off the field, not the same as Suh. Suh's distractions are about his dirty play on the field...............which I'm not saying those are not distractions, they certainly are.

But IMO it's not a fair comparison.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Technically ASJ being in Seattle isn't odd. It's just odd timing. lol

Or maybe good timing. An all purpose athletic Y TE isn't really common.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gxymyy3 said:
WindCityHawk":3gxymyy3 said:

His chirping on Twitter and distractions were all off the field, not the same as Suh. Suh's distractions are about his dirty play on the field...............which I'm not saying those are not distractions, they certainly are.

You could argue his constant poor sportsmanship in losses, diving at players knees etc. are dirty as well. He did play hard though. I haven't followed Suh enough to know about his effort or if he is still dirty. He is an elite talent though so I would be ok with it for sure.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think we all saw ASJ coming. He is a risk through for the obvious reasons.

The thing is, for even the solid version of ASJ, is switching out Graham for that ASJ a trade up?

And how much do we even end up saving by switching the 2 players?

Say what you want about the alligator arms but Graham was a guy that got a lot of attention in the RZ. That opened up other players and he also caught a lot of balls for TDs while covered.

Those are big shoes to fill.

The Suh thing is also puzzling. I still think Bennett is a better fit here because he can be a DT and DE, and his QB pressure rate is pretty damned high. But he isn't here so at least we are trying something.

We really don't have a great track record with the upper tier FAs though. FAs that get big money tend to end up being guys in hindsight that we wish we did something else with. But, I suppose you could say with this many misses in FA over the years - we are probably due for one to work out for us?

Reaction score
In reading the ESPN article it seems the Dolphin's would be dumb to cut Suh before June 1st. According to the article, "Suh's release also will take a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap."

So... false alarm? Maybe they're that dumb?

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Miami/status/951496751688699904[/tweet]

original poster

Reaction score
InadvertentSmell":23o3dp7j said:
In reading the ESPN article it seems the Dolphin's would be dumb to cut Suh before June 1st. According to the article, "Suh's release also will take a large contract off Miami's books. Suh carried a salary-cap number of $26.1 million for the 2018 season, including a base salary of $16.985 million.If Suh is designated as a post-June 1 cut, the team would save $17 million against the 2018 salary cap. Releasing Suh now would save the Dolphins just $3.9 million against the cap."

I bought up this point on Twitter earlier.

With cutting him before June 1st simply means you don't pay for it in 2019.

They're no worse or better off. Its simply how the cap charge is split.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
InadvertentSmell":25nhbztz said:

They can release him now but have him designated as a post June cut for bookkeeping purposes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2k45b3oz said:
WindCityHawk":2k45b3oz said:

Really?

Bennett wasn't the most disciplined player on the field.

Seymour

Reaction score
InadvertentSmell":3kddmug8 said:

Sounds like it is happening today to me....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...perstar-ndamukong-suh-seeking-culture-change/

original poster

Reaction score
JSeahawks":anxwcixf said:
InadvertentSmell":anxwcixf said:

They can release him now but have him designated as a post June cut for bookkeeping purposes.

Are you 100% sure on that?

If that is the case, they certainly don't get the cap relief until June 1st (well, May 12th, but it's known as June 1st).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29cth3hw said:
I think we all saw ASJ coming. He is a risk through for the obvious reasons.

The thing is, for even the solid version of ASJ, is switching out Graham for that ASJ a trade up?

And how much do we even end up saving by switching the 2 players?

Graham will get what, 10 mil a year? I cant see ASJ getting near that. His last salary was just over 4mill a year.

RCATES

Reaction score
No thanks. Just pushes the rebuild back another few years. This team has sustained too many losses and has put itself in a terrible situation by making terrible trades and giving up too much draft capital. They need to continue to clean house this year of bad contracts and get younger. They will be in much better position in next years draft and have plenty of cap space to reload this team for another run. You don't break away from MB and Sherm and then do this. They are simply not going to be able to compete this year with the NFC elite.