Negative vibe

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":284h8muj said:
This team has a deep and continually problematic flaw. Pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away.

So you're admitting that we have the same problems as every other professional sports franchise. Glad you've come down to earth.

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":26hvty9j said:
irocdave":26hvty9j said:
This team needs O lineman and a stud running back. Safety's would be a close second in the need department.

No more players need Tom Cable's anti-coaching.

They had to cut Spence Wear because he could not stay on the field.

Safeties? Are you kidding? This team has like 2 billion dollars spent on the safety position.

Safeties, Thomas has been hurt with a bad injury a couple times now, Chancellor has had multiple injuries that have kept him off the field, the style of their play and amount of plays they have been involved with have taken their toll, Polamalu, Saunders, Harrison just to name a few were high impact heavy hitters who started to become injury concerns later in their careers. The other factor is Thomas now even considering retirement, you have to wonder going forward how he is going to play.

Thomas plays FS but comes down into the box and makes a lot of contact and tackles, it's not like he playing Center Field and isn't involved in the plays.

It's time to look at the next wave of talent, I stated before our team has played like another full season or more because of all the post season games, so 7 or 8 seasons worth of games on some of these guys, additionally our defense has been on the field a lot because of our offense the philosophy of Pete and the inability to control the ball since Lynch was injured or retired. That's a lot of wear and tear.

Draft for rolls with specific skill sets still works, Earls speed and smarts and competitive physicality were what Pete seen, others thought he was too small or could be, we took him, but that size comes with a down side, he will wear down over time playing against bigger players and taking them on. Many Free Safeties have long careers mostly due to playing Center Field and not playing in the box or coming down into the box and taking hits and making tackles, it's not how we play our Secondary.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2tdrpb6a said:
CodeWarrior":2tdrpb6a said:
This team has a deep and continually problematic flaw. Pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away.

TRUTH - despite some's attempt to ignore it.

I don't see it as people "ignoring the problem". I see it as some people realizing and understanding that this is a normal cycle within pro sport teams; all teams suffer when facing the cap...not to mention several major injuries to the most important position players on their team.

At least with me, I understand we aren't the same team...but I also never expected this team to be able to sustain all-time great defensive play beyond a couple of seasons. Do you know nderstand how remarkable it is what we've done??? Also, I understand the philosophy regarding the OLine and I expected this group to take several lumps this year. And they have.

Our opening day 53 included 14 rookies. Youth and inexperience in our depth...so with the abundance of injuries...

...how can we really be dissapointed? If you knew before the season started that Russell would suffer a severe MCL sprain AND a high ankle sprain in back-to-back weeks, that Bennett would miss the time he did, that Kam would also, that lockett and ET would suffer season ending injuries...wouldn't you be happy to know that going into the final game we still had a chance at a 2 seed?

You've been on here for a month now, and haven't budged in your position, so I doubt you'll he convinced of anything...rather you'll feel vindicated if/when we lose in the playoffs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Largent80":3474tp5i said:
CodeWarrior":3474tp5i said:

It's also a game that fans take way too seriously.

I know. They even started stalking Russell :lol:
PBg2wXa

chris98251

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2httig96 said:
semiahmoo":2httig96 said:
CodeWarrior":2httig96 said:

I don't see it as people "ignoring the problem". I see it as some people realizing and understanding that this is a normal cycle within pro sport teams; all teams suffer when facing the cap...not to mention several major injuries to the most important position players on their team.

At least with me, I understand we aren't the same team...but I also never expected this team to be able to sustain all-time great defensive play beyond a couple of seasons. Do you know nderstand how remarkable it is what we've done??? Also, I understand the philosophy regarding the OLine and I expected this group to take several lumps this year. And they have.

Our opening day 53 included 14 rookies. Youth and inexperience in our depth...so with the abundance of injuries...

...how can we really be dissapointed? If you knew before the season started that Russell would suffer a severe MCL sprain AND a high ankle sprain in back-to-back weeks, that Bennett would miss the time he did, that Kam would also, that lockett and ET would suffer season ending injuries...wouldn't you be happy to know that going into the final game we still had a chance at a 2 seed?

You've been on here for a month now, and haven't budged in your position, so I doubt you'll he convinced of anything...rather you'll feel vindicated if/when we lose in the playoffs.

Or that some seen our age and injuries catching up and the O line philosophy as flawed as well as the way our OC calls plays game day. Seeing those chinks in the Armor and talking about them before the team misses something as forethought or foresight will piss a lot of people off because they were so involved in the positive thinking side the reality staring at them will not taste very good, that scares them more then anything, having posters that have talked about it be right and not always seeing things thru Rose Colored glasses.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Well, you know what they say:

"If the women in the bar ain't up to your expectations, it's time to lower your expectations"

Deep, I know, but there might be an analogy in there somewhere.

chris98251

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2s1bsuui said:

"If the women in the bar ain't up to your expectations, it's time to lower your expectations"

Why you keep a bag supply :)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
chris98251":feypjpad said:
Grahamhawker":feypjpad said:

Why you keep a bag supply :)

Like this?

aints-3.jpg

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2ztyzf7t said:
LoneHawkFan":2ztyzf7t said:
semiahmoo":2ztyzf7t said:
CodeWarrior":2ztyzf7t said:

Or that some seen our age and injuries catching up and the O line philosophy as flawed as well as the way our OC calls plays game day. Seeing those chinks in the Armor and talking about them before the team misses something as forethought or foresight will piss a lot of people off because they were so involved in the positive thinking side the reality staring at them will not taste very good, that scares them more then anything, having posters that have talked about it be right and not always seeing things thru Rose Colored glasses.

Not so......I have dealt with pessimism at almost every turn in my 69+ years of life, I'm quite aware that things can go South, Example; I could have let my Divorce knock me off my happy-go-lucky stride, and allow that soul crushing experience re-define me....Instead, I vowed to embellish on the good, and not allow myself to wallow in my heartbreak.
IT WAS NOT EASY, but it was a necessity.
It's really an easy gig.....Hang on to the misery, or let go of shit that you have no control over, and look for the good.

NOW, that's not to say that there are some who just won't accept the positives, and keep insisting on living with a downer mentality...."Misery Loves Company".

chris98251

Reaction score
Or you be patient and wait like I did and when it comes back around and the Ex come back wanting something (due to our kids) and the crap she fed them you bury her and throw dirt in her face. I may have had to deal with her for ten years but now she has to deal with them the rest of her life, or should I say not be able to since she made her bed of lies and they can see them for what they are and were.

That's not misery, that's justice and happiness :)

Just as many fans can have optimism when they see a team being built up, there is also the other side when you start seeing the other side of it wearing down, nobody wants to talk about it, everyone wants a participation trophy and is happy. I guess if your happy with a used trophy with participant marked in a Sharpie who am I to say anything, we won a division and that's a great accomplishment, we did it the hard way and in doing so we were exposed and we saw limited growth on our most vulnerable aspect, the O line, injuries aside, they happen and are unfortunate. But the players injured and where are also indicators of the wear and tear that they have taken, yet another indicator that fraying is happening, then long time players now showing open frustration.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":uacsr8ym said:
sdog1981":uacsr8ym said:
You know what I bet the Titanic had an awesome breakfast spread. I also hear the lifeboats had padded seats.

Neither Super Bowl participant from last year even made the playoffs this year. The NFL Champion Denver Broncos aren't even going to finish top two in their division. And yet, once again, the Seahawks have won this division, and still have a shot at the #2 seed in the conference, and this in spite of losing the best safety in the league for the rest of the season, as well as the other starting safety for a few games, almost the entire running back corps, key pieces of the defensive line for several games, and the starting quarterback playing injured most of the year.

If you're looking for metaphorical icebergs, I'd suggest starting in Denver and Charlotte far before poking around Seattle.

And we have had and extremely easy strength of schedule (27 out of 32 through week 15). Yes, we have a chance at 2nd seed, but losing to teams we have lost to does not bode well with most of us who pay attention to our competition.

I love this team, but I am not one to bury my head in the sand. We have some serious core coaching issues. The poor offensive line, the lack of adjustments, the lack of depth as far as backups, and poor offensive schemes to deal with the other coaching issues being a few. We were capped out because our philosophy paid the defense. I don't disagree with this, but it means you have no cap room and something has to give. You cant expect to only spend 6 million on your offensive line and field anything decent. What you can do though is develop a quick passing, move the pocket strategy to mitigate these deficiencies, like we did at the end of last year.

Just because some of us are honest and point this out does not make us haters, it makes us realists. Problems don't disappear because you ignore them. They get worse.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
To follow up-In any endeavor you wish to excel at, you identify your weakest skill and work hardest on those. If I am a competitive golfer and I am driving the ball great but my putting is keeping me out of the money, then I work on my putting. If I have 1 hour each day at the range and I spend 50 minutes driving, I am not going to improve my scoring.

We should be identifying and developing 3 tackles right now. That is our weakest link as far as talent. We should also be focusing on why our gameplans are consistently not working. We put ourselves in a 14 point hole way too much. That tells me that with all the film study we have done in the prep week, the gameplan they came up with was just flat out incorrect. You can blame it on execution, and there is a valid argument there, but part of coaching is to gameplan to make the best use of your personnel. Having a multi million dollar league giant TE blocking so you can try to run a play that rarely works seems flawed to me. Coaching coaching coaching. They need to look there if they want to correct these problems.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
chris98251":21xdn4eg said:
Or you be patient and wait like I did and when it comes back around and the Ex come back wanting something (due to our kids) and the crap she fed them you bury her and throw dirt in her face. I may have had to deal with her for ten years but now she has to deal with them the rest of her life, or should I say not be able to since she made her bed of lies and they can see them for what they are and were.

Just as many fans can have optimism when they see a team being built up, there is also the other side when you start seeing the other side of it wearing down, nobody wants to talk about it, everyone wants a participation trophy and is happy. I guess if your happy with a used trophy with participant marked in a Sharpie who am I to say anything, we won a division and that's a great accomplishment, we did it the hard way and in doing so we were exposed and we saw limited growth on our most vulnerable aspect, the O line, injuries aside, they happen and are unfortunate. But the players injured and where are also indicators of the wear and tear that they have taken, yet another indicator that fraying is happening, then long time players now showing open frustration.

But you see, that's the whole point! We are going through a natural cycle...you can whine and cry and bitch and he sad and he remorseful and whatever as much as your want...but it isn't really rational, to me.

Sadness and disappointment only come as a result of hopes not being met. You would have been ecstatic with this success as a team in, say, 1993. But without rationally managing our expectations...we've allowed ourselves to become dissapointed.

What did you expect to happen when we were going to have to start paying everyone that came out of those early drafts? Should we have let those guys walk?

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":sdwcm79r said:
sdog1981":sdwcm79r said:
You know what I bet the Titanic had an awesome breakfast spread. I also hear the lifeboats had padded seats.

Pity they spent all that money on padding but could only afford half of the boats needed, but at least they looked cool. :)

Well, they didn't need all the life boats because the Titanic was unsinkable.

Just like we don't need a good OL because Wilson is so mobile.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
cymatica":1el6jzu4 said:
You think Cable would be a good playcaller? If he is the guru of adjustments, then find a new OL coach, ditch Bevell, have Cable call the offense and retain assistant coach duties.

Cable was awful in that role in Oakland.

chris98251

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1s460g43 said:
chris98251":1s460g43 said:

But you see, that's the whole point! We are going through a natural cycle...you can whine and cry and bitch and he sad and he remorseful and whatever as much as your want...but it isn't really rational, to me.

Sadness and disappointment only come as a result of hopes not being met. You would have been ecstatic with this success as a team in, say, 1993. But without rationally managing our expectations...we've allowed ourselves to become dissapointed.

What did you expect to happen when we were going to have to start paying everyone that came out of those early drafts? Should we have let those guys walk?

You don't let them walk, you trade while they have value for picks. No it would not be popular in many cases to let players go, but it's time now to look at it, not after the rookie contract but sometime in the second contract, also Cable has stated that he doesn't like the O lineman coming out of college and that he prefers to develop talent on his own, skill sets in his view of D lineman suits his type of player more, additionally we have raw former basketball players and TE's trying to become Tackles in the NFL, so our O line problems are on who, John or Cable? I can see a project here and there, but not most of your line and depth.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
scutterhawk":25pzuxbe said:
CodeWarrior":25pzuxbe said:
Trying to pee in everyone ELSES cheerio's? God forbid that others are trying to hang onto some positivity.
Everyone HERE is quite AWARE of the Seahawks weaknesses, just don't see the need to harp on it.
No one at the V-MAC is taking a damned thing for granted either, they are trying to "Accentuate The Positive", after all, it was Pete Carroll, Darryl Bevell, & Tom Cable that produced the Seahawks FIRST Lombardi, and came close to having a repeat the following year eh?
Lot's of Debbie Downers that are miserably lonely, and seem to be looking for some Negative Nancy's to keep them company. :lol:

Yes, Pete, Bevell, and Cable did indeed bring this team its first Lombardi. Only issue is they did so when they had a cost-controlled QB. Now that they have to pay Russell their budgeting has shifted to a model that I see as ineffective. I "harp" on it because nothing is changing and the constant problems remain.

The wave of people that get butt hurt when not everyone is illogically positive is one of the more annoying things on this board.

Latest posts