Negative vibe

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3v9io1bu said:
scutterhawk":3v9io1bu said:
CodeWarrior":3v9io1bu said:
This team has a deep and continually problematic flaw. Pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away.
Trying to pee in everyone ELSES cheerio's? God forbid that others are trying to hang onto some positivity.
Everyone HERE is quite AWARE of the Seahawks weaknesses, just don't see the need to harp on it.
No one at the V-MAC is taking a damned thing for granted either, they are trying to "Accentuate The Positive", after all, it was Pete Carroll, Darryl Bevell, & Tom Cable that produced the Seahawks FIRST Lombardi, and came close to having a repeat the following year eh?
Lot's of Debbie Downers that are miserably lonely, and seem to be looking for some Negative Nancy's to keep them company. :lol:

Yes, Pete, Bevell, and Cable did indeed bring this team its first Lombardi. Only issue is they did so when they had a cost-controlled QB. Now that they have to pay Russell their budgeting has shifted to a model that I see as ineffective. I "harp" on it because nothing is changing and the constant problems remain.

The wave of people that get butt hurt when not everyone is illogically positive is one of the more annoying things on this board.
I'm going to answer this one,I'm one of those so called "short sighted" and "Koolaid drinkers"This world is bad enough with all the negative bullshit,rather than drown in it I try to find positives and be positive.I am well aware without being drowned in "Downer water"of all the problems the team has.I understand we are all different and cannot agree on things in harmony except a Super Bowl win.The season is not over,is it too much to ask for a tone down on blowing it up?When and if it ends like shit,then by all means bring on the rain.I probaly won't take part of that but there is more than enough who will.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I think it probably has to do with losing some incredible statistics. The not losing by more than 10 points has been snapped and for the first time in 5 years we won't be the #1 scoring defense (still almost guaranteed as the #2 scoring defense but still).

I think having these records snapped might not actually be a bad thing though. They are nice stats but aren't all that important. More importantly we're going to the play-offs for the 5th consecutive season and if we beat the 49ers (who are 2-13) we'll also have 10+ wins for the 5th consecutive season, letting RW tie Flacco for most wins in a QBs first five seasons.

With how things are standing now (and how they'll probably stay going into the play-offs), we'll be the 3rd seed and face the Lions. A team known for playing close games just like the Hawks. Even though we're not doing so well now I still favor the Hawks in this match up. This would send us to Atlanta, a team we've already beaten, for the Div round. Then it'd @Dallas or at home vs the Giants or Packers. None of these match ups seem all that unfavorable. There is a chance to make a deep play-off run here.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Overseasfan":hisz0lcc said:
I think it probably has to do with losing some incredible statistics. The not losing by more than 10 points has been snapped and for the first time in 5 years we won't be the #1 scoring defense (still almost guaranteed as the #2 scoring defense but still).

I think having these records snapped might not actually be a bad thing though. They are nice stats but aren't all that important. More importantly we're going to the play-offs for the 5th consecutive season and if we beat the 49ers (who are 2-13) we'll also have 10+ wins for the 5th consecutive season, letting RW tie Flacco for most wins in a QBs first five seasons.

With how things are standing now (and how they'll probably stay going into the play-offs), we'll be the 3rd seed and face the Lions. A team known for playing close games just like the Hawks. Even though we're not doing so well now I still favor the Hawks in this match up. This would send us to Atlanta, a team we've already beaten, for the Div round. Then it'd @Dallas or at home vs the Giants or Packers. None of these match ups seem all that unfavorable. There is a chance to make a deep play-off run here.

Playing Detroit -> @Atlanta -> @Dallas would be ideal. No top shelf DL among them. Major concerns would be Atlanta's receivers against our depleted secondary and Dallas's OL against our suddenly meek DL. It's the playoffs though so we should expect difficulty.

Regardless, go hawks.

NJlargent

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":10va9mmh said:
Overseasfan":10va9mmh said:

Playing Detroit -> @Atlanta -> @Dallas would be ideal. No top shelf DL among them. Major concerns would be Atlanta's receivers against our depleted secondary and Dallas's OL against our suddenly meek DL. It's the playoffs though so we should expect difficulty.

Regardless, go hawks.

I agree with Det, Atlanta and Dallas.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
IndyHawk":mfdionzp said:
CodeWarrior":mfdionzp said:
scutterhawk":mfdionzp said:
CodeWarrior":mfdionzp said:
This team has a deep and continually problematic flaw. Pretending it doesn't exist won't make it go away.
Trying to pee in everyone ELSES cheerio's? God forbid that others are trying to hang onto some positivity.
Everyone HERE is quite AWARE of the Seahawks weaknesses, just don't see the need to harp on it.
No one at the V-MAC is taking a damned thing for granted either, they are trying to "Accentuate The Positive", after all, it was Pete Carroll, Darryl Bevell, & Tom Cable that produced the Seahawks FIRST Lombardi, and came close to having a repeat the following year eh?
Lot's of Debbie Downers that are miserably lonely, and seem to be looking for some Negative Nancy's to keep them company. :lol:

Yes, Pete, Bevell, and Cable did indeed bring this team its first Lombardi. Only issue is they did so when they had a cost-controlled QB. Now that they have to pay Russell their budgeting has shifted to a model that I see as ineffective. I "harp" on it because nothing is changing and the constant problems remain.

The wave of people that get butt hurt when not everyone is illogically positive is one of the more annoying things on this board.
I'm going to answer this one,I'm one of those so called "short sighted" and "Koolaid drinkers"This world is bad enough with all the negative bullshit,rather than drown in it I try to find positives and be positive.I am well aware without being drowned in "Downer water"of all the problems the team has.I understand we are all different and cannot agree on things in harmony except a Super Bowl win.The season is not over,is it too much to ask for a tone down on blowing it up?When and if it ends like shit,then by all means bring on the rain.I probaly won't take part of that but there is more than enough who will.

I'm going to ride the fence here. An earlier post mentioned "realism"; the question is what constitutes realism for fans of an NFL team?
Is it being "illogically positive"? Or is it "constantly harping" on deficiencies? Or maybe somewhere in between?

My realism:
Does the team have obvious issues? Yes
Does the team have talent to play with any team? Yes
Am I constantly hopeful the team does well? Yes
Do I feel a sense of investment in the team? Yes
Is discussing the team/strength/weaknesses/etc. interesting? Yes
Does anything I think, say, or do have any impact on any of this? NO!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
nwHawk":3rsdm4av said:
We have plenty to be thankful for this season, but we all know there's room for improvement. Let's, dare I saw, trust the process and see how this team does in the playoffs before we set the town on fire. Plenty of fans around the country would trade places with us in a heartbeat:

I'd be right with you if Pete doesn't seem just as confused as us as to why the players aren't turning the corner and coming together for another playoff run.

That tells me he doesn't quite have the pulse and command of the locker room as he thinks he has............and it's showing up on the field with some terribly erratic play.

nash72

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1kelb72x said:
CodeWarrior":1kelb72x said:

Not one mention of Dan Quinn and that historically good defense when talking about the Superbowl. Now that the offense has to pull their own weight, the glaring problems are coming to the forefront.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Above all else the timing of the injuries we've had to key guys is just unreal this year on both sides of the ball.There is no debating that one

stack55

Reaction score
I agree Johnnyfever, don't run a play with your wide
Receivers running 30 yards down the field when your
Qb has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. Run some
Screens or something to get them to back off.

stack55

Reaction score
And somebody explain this zone defense the hawks
Run. When I played high school ball, if their receiver
Came into my area I covered him. The hawks backs
Just stand there, let them catch the ball and go tackle
Them after a big gain???????