New Logo, Upper Left-Hand Corner (+ helpful viewing info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For all you "awks.net" folks...Clear out your cache and problem solved. Hell, you can likely simply hit the refresh button on your browser and that will do the trick.

:les:

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'm on an iMac. Refreshing / cache clearing / Firefox updating (from 45 to 46) have not worked.

London12

Reaction score
Always like change. I really wasn't sure when it was saying awks.net though.. Glad for the advice above..

Laloosh

Reaction score
For those who still see the old banner/background, press CTRL + F5 (clears cached version of the page and reloads it).

WillySchu

Reaction score
Laloosh":3lirh8jz said:
For those who still see the old banner/background, press CTRL + F5 (clears cached version of the page and reloads it).

Or press shift + command + R, depending on your OS preferences...

12thman.garydrake

Reaction score
Looks good to me. I like pretty much everything Seahawks. The new logo would make cool shirts. If i only did that for a living, I'd have shirts for days.

Rob12

Reaction score
Love it. The old one was cool too, but this just feels way more clean and crisp.

Good work to whoever did it (Anguish?).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I liked the former logo way, way better. This one looks baseballish. Soft.

Whatever. Life goes on.

HawkGA

Reaction score
It also kind of looks like 102 rather than 12.

A

Anonymous

Anybody not seeing the site updates correctly?

Do the following:

1.) Scroll down to bottom the page and look to the bottom-right.
2.) Select: "Delete all board cookies".

This will clear all previously-stored cookies and page-views from your cache, and will log you out. Simply log back in, and... voila!

Go Hawks!!!
:icon_new:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Aros":2nasvpjh said:
In case you missed my point...

Art and design is subjective. Unlike the NFL which is judged only on wins or losses (black and white)...

Design is only as good as the person who is viewing it and what they think of it, period.

What's that saying of you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time?

Yup. Welcome to graphic design.

:2:
To an extent I agree.

There are some universal aspects of design, such as balance for one, that are aesthetically pleasing in certain proportions.

This phenomenon can be illustrated musically - hum 2 consecutive notes in a pentatonic scale and most people can identify the third without hearing it simply because it "fits".

Similarly when you are balancing graphic elements, there are pleasing arrangements that just "fit". The rule of odd numbers in photography is an example. In print layout, the inverse pyramid - reflected in journalistic writing style and reinforced with page layout - is pleasing while the "chimney" of splitting a page vertically from the top to bottom is discordant.

I don't find harmony in the current layout - and that may be the intent, so I am not saying it's right or wrong; just that I don't find it harmonious. The mass on the left is not balanced on the right, there is an odd tangent between the base of the 2 and the grey bar, and given that the base of the 2 is the same height as the green box to its immediate right, the 2 doesn't have sufficient vertical separation to establish its own alignment so appears out of horizontal alignment with the green box. The negative space below the logo is inconsistent with the space below the green box, and the space between the circle on top is different to the space on the bottom.

All may be design choices, but perhaps not ones I would agree with from a classical design perspective.

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1txw66c9 said:
Aros":1txw66c9 said:
In case you missed my point...

Art and design is subjective. Unlike the NFL which is judged only on wins or losses (black and white)...

Design is only as good as the person who is viewing it and what they think of it, period.

What's that saying of you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time?

Yup. Welcome to graphic design.

:2:
To an extent I agree.

There are some universal aspects of design, such as balance for one, that are aesthetically pleasing in certain proportions.

This phenomenon can be illustrated musically - hum 2 consecutive notes in a pentatonic scale and most people can identify the third without hearing it simply because it "fits".

Similarly when you are balancing graphic elements, there are pleasing arrangements that just "fit". The rule of odd numbers in photography is an example. In print layout, the inverse pyramid - reflected in journalistic writing style and reinforced with page layout - is pleasing while the "chimney" of splitting a page vertically from the top to bottom is discordant.

I don't find harmony in the current layout - and that may be the intent, so I am not saying it's right or wrong; just that I don't find it harmonious. The mass on the left is not balanced on the right, there is an odd tangent between the base of the 2 and the grey bar, and given that the base of the 2 is the same height as the green box to its immediate right, the 2 doesn't have sufficient vertical separation to establish its own alignment so appears out of horizontal alignment with the green box. The negative space below the logo is inconsistent with the space below the green box, and the space between the circle on top is different to the space on the bottom.

All may be design choices, but perhaps not ones I would agree with from a classical design perspective.

So you don't like it :) in fewer words?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1lk6d1sf said:
I liked the former logo way, way better. This one looks baseballish. Soft.

Whatever. Life goes on.

:13:

pehawk

Reaction score
I just want to applaud the staff for demonstrating courage enough to transition publicly. Inspirational stuff.

Anyone who misses the symbolism of this occurring on Mother's Day ain't paying attention.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I don't mind it, and personally like it more than the fierce vagina that was there before. If I could make a suggestion, I think it may be cool to shift the circle all the way left and place the twelve to the upper right of the circular logo. That will add distinction to both and add the hidden effect of the 12 signifying the Seahawks to the 12th power.

Status
Not open for further replies.