New Logo, Upper Left-Hand Corner (+ helpful viewing info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
I really like it! Is there any chance you can change the background to be fixed so that it doesn't scroll?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":woafihw7 said:
So you don't like it :) in fewer words?
It's not that - it's the stance that "art is subjective" so anything can be right. There are some objective "rules" in graphic design, as in music, page layout, architecture, etc.

I freely admit those rules get broken all the time, deliberately, in the pursuit of great art. However, when they are broken, they tend to be broken on purpose for a specific effect. But when the bass player plays a G when it was supposed to be an C, that's not great art - it's just a stuff-up.

Largent80

Reaction score
I didn't clear my cache and can see it perfectly. My computer is smarter than yours. I still see boobs however.

Cartire

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1g3fz44h said:
rideaducati":1g3fz44h said:
What does 102 signify?

Apparently, it's the number of folks here who's glass is half empty.

;)

What a strange and non-relevant, rhetorical expression for this situation. I don't see how being pessimistic has anything to do with not liking it and vice versa.

Some people don't like it because they don't like it. You know, how there are some things in this world you also do not like.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Largent80":3nuq3l89 said:
I didn't clear my cache and can see it perfectly. My computer is smarter than yours. I still see boobs however.

Put your shirt on and step away from the webcam...viola...no more boobs on your computer.

rideaducati

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1ipxy51h said:
HoustonHawk82":1ipxy51h said:
rideaducati":1ipxy51h said:
What does 102 signify?

;)

People dont like something, therefore their glass is half empty? lol

I think it would actually look pretty cool if the one and two were larger with the smaller disc on top of the 12. It looks like 102 as it is. Cool concept though.

A

Anonymous

It was a change, and a change that was decided on the fly.

Sure, some of you are not going to like it. We knew this. As with anything anybody does to shake things up a bit, especially when not announced, there is the potential of receiving feedback of the negative kind. People get used to things being just so, and when they change without warning, it can be a bit of a shock. We knew this also, and for that shock, we apologize.

I can assure you it was 100% meant to be a benevolent thing. We had no idea it had to be something so bad-ass and spectacular for it to be accepted. Apparently, the bar is set much higher than we expected. We apologize for the lack of bad-assedness as well.

Next time, we'll try to do better.

Go Hawks...???

:34853_doh:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":t92umfol said:
HoustonHawk82":t92umfol said:
rideaducati":t92umfol said:
What does 102 signify?

;)

Pessimists are inclined to dislike any new thing until they decide they like it, whereas optimists tend to like new things until they decide they don't like them. Each group doesn't understand how the other can see the world that way.

When it comes to something inconsequential or neutral, the "default" setting "wins". Therefore, pessimists tend to dislike more things and optimists tend to like more things which can lead to the assumption that people not liking something are likely to be pessimistic. It's false logic, but there is at least some correlation there.

A

Anonymous

KiwiHawk":edjcwj2d said:
therealjohncarlson":edjcwj2d said:
HoustonHawk82":edjcwj2d said:
rideaducati":edjcwj2d said:
What does 102 signify?

;)

Pessimists are inclined to dislike any new thing until they decide they like it, whereas optimists tend to like new things until they decide they don't like them. Each group doesn't understand how the other can see the world that way.

When it comes to something inconsequential or neutral, the "default" setting "wins". Therefore, pessimists tend to dislike more things and optimists tend to like more things which can lead to the assumption that people not liking something are likely to be pessimistic. It's false logic, but there is at least some correlation there.

:vodka:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Actual intercepted correspondence found amid the Panama Papers:

From RockHawk
Re: Banner
Hi guys. New season, new look - you know the drill. Let me see some samples.

From Aros
Bit busy over here - Keebler elves want graphics for their Fiats and my printer is having a problem. Between the Broncos and Trump the entire frickin country is out of orange.

From HoustonHawk82
We're sorry

From RockHawk
I get it bro, but we really need something. Can you dig up anything?

From PMedic920
You know they're going to complain about whatever we do, so how about we toss something up there and let the users try to prove how much better they can do?

From RockHawk
Like last year? Sounds good.

A

Anonymous

KiwiHawk":jvf1dxgq said:

From RockHawk

From Aros
Bit busy over here - Keebler elves want graphics for their Fiats and my printer is having a problem. Between the Broncos and Trump the entire frickin country is out of orange.

From HoustonHawk82
We're sorry

From RockHawk

From PMedic920
You know they're going to complain about whatever we do, so how about we toss something up there and let the users try to prove how much better they can do?

From RockHawk

A

Anonymous

KiwiHawk":1yu3d7vy said:

From RockHawk

From Aros

From HoustonHawk82
We're sorry

From RockHawk

From PMedic920

From RockHawk

Holiday Inn Express last night Kiwi?

Because today, you're a paralegal, a psychoanalyst, and an art critic.

What are you really?

Status
Not open for further replies.