New NFC West Champions!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Pretty impressive that the animosity between 9ers and Hawks fans built up as quickly as it did, but Hawks and Cards fans are still in the honeymoon phase. If the Cards knock the Hawks out of the playoffs all of those Cards fans who have been waiting to exhale about how cocky and condescending they think Hawks fans are will do so, and all the Hawks who still aren't threatened by them will change their tune once something they wanted was taken away.

Active competition and enmity like this is good for any division, so I'm rooting for it. :)

kearly

Reaction score
It makes me sad that just once, Pete Prisco doesn't look like an idiot. That said, congrats to the Cardinals and to non-Pete Prisco Cardinals fans.

I still blame the officials for putting Seattle in a huge hole back in week 10, and I am also a bit frustrated by Seattle going 2-4 in close games while AZ has gone 5-1. Turnover luck seems to have favored AZ far more than Seattle as well. Preseason forecasts said AZ would need a lot of luck to win the division and that's exactly what happened. It's frustrating, but at least Seattle is in and looking great so it's hard to complain.

Frustrations aside, at least this time around the Cardinals are a legit SB caliber team. They have an outside shot to finish #1 in DVOA and Palmer is arguably the true MVP of the league (he's #1 in DVOA and QBR by a good margin). David Johnson is already a top 5 RB going forward, IMO. I think Arizona's receivers are a little over-rated, but Palmer makes them click. And they have a very good head coach.

I think Seattle would easily beat AZ with Thomas Rawls, but with Rawls out and Johnson having fresh legs, I'd probably give AZ a slight edge right now.

rideaducati

Reaction score
That will be the saying on their only banner they hang for this season...unless they follow the Colts way and put up a divisional round participation banner.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":kg8owszt said:
It makes me sad that just once, Pete Prisco doesn't look like an idiot. That said, congrats to the Cardinals and to non-Pete Prisco Cardinals fans.

I still blame the officials for putting Seattle in a huge hole back in week 10, and I am also a bit frustrated by Seattle going 2-4 in close games while AZ has gone 5-1. Turnover luck seems to have favored AZ far more than Seattle as well. Preseason forecasts said AZ would need a lot of luck to win the division and that's exactly what happened. It's frustrating, but at least Seattle is in and looking great so it's hard to complain.

Frustrations aside, at least this time around the Cardinals are a legit SB caliber team. They have an outside shot to finish #1 in DVOA and Palmer is arguably the true MVP of the league (he's #1 in DVOA and QBR by a good margin). David Johnson is already a top 5 RB going forward, IMO. I think Arizona's receivers are a little over-rated, but Palmer makes them click. And they have a very good head coach.

I think Seattle would easily beat AZ with Thomas Rawls, but with Rawls out and Johnson having fresh legs, I'd probably give AZ a slight edge right now.
Not with Johnson and Matthews out. The Bell is tolling and it isn't for the Seahawks. Remember just like life the NFL isn't fair.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":7r4suzkm said:
Pretty impressive that the animosity between 9ers and Hawks fans built up as quickly as it did, but Hawks and Cards fans are still in the honeymoon phase. If the Cards knock the Hawks out of the playoffs all of those Cards fans who have been waiting to exhale about how cocky and condescending they think Hawks fans are will do so, and all the Hawks who still aren't threatened by them will change their tune once something they wanted was taken away.

Active competition and enmity like this is good for any division, so I'm rooting for it. :)

I'm sure you're right. Right now, if my beloved Seahawks don't make it, I'd like to see the Cards win one for once. I say that now... But if AZ knocks Seattle out, I'll probably change my mind. Unless of course they end up playing NE in SB50... I don't even care if it was SF, I would be happy if NE never won another game ever.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":19fndeqk said:
Eh, if that was Russ, we'd all think it was awesome.

Hard to imagine Russ pulling that move.

Ringless is convinced he was thrusting his hips at his "buddies"

Maybe erin Rodgers has "buddies" like that in the stands, but Carson doesn't seem the type...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3mpgfj65 said:
Rat":3mpgfj65 said:

Maybe erin Rodgers has "buddies" like that in the stands, but Carson doesn't seem the type...

Russell would never act like that.

Rat

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2nuzmvrl said:
Hawkpower":2nuzmvrl said:
Rat":2nuzmvrl said:

Were you ok with Marshawn's crotch grabs?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":23j9y3um said:
hawknation2015":23j9y3um said:
Hawkpower":23j9y3um said:
Rat":23j9y3um said:

What does that have to do with Wilson? Wasn't that the comparison?

On a side note, one difference is that Marshawn grabbed his crotch as a taunt at fellow players.

Carson was inciting fans who clearly had gotten in his head during the course of the game.

Is one less classy than the other? Dunno, just noticed it, thats all.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2oofosdu said:
Rat":2oofosdu said:

What does that have to do with Wilson? Wasn't that the comparison?.
It was, but people don't understand what a hypothetical is, so I had to use a different player for comparison.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Ringless might've won the div, but the Hawks are still the NFC Champs two years running until defeated in the Field of War.

GO HAWKS!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rex":3lmaocmn said:
Bitter":3lmaocmn said:
ringless":3lmaocmn said:
Bitter":3lmaocmn said:
To look at the glass as half full, it is kind of nice to still have a decent shot at a Lombardi this year and a second place schedule to look forward to next year.

Arizona will face Carolina next year, Seattle will get the Falcons or Bucs
Arizona will face Redskins if the season ended today and Seattle would get Philly.

I think that certainly could equal a one game advantage for Seattle next year.

Both teams get the entire NFC South next year.

Both teams will be swept by the Rams next year. :th2thumbs:

Maybe...then the Rams will get swept by the rest of the NFL. Losing to the Lambs hasn't stopped the Seahawks or Cards from making the playoffs thus far....probably won't next year either.

rlkats

Reaction score
Congrats ringless it's nice to see a football team actually play well. Anyways congrats on the playoffs.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rat":2nebnqnr said:
hawknation2015":2nebnqnr said:
Hawkpower":2nebnqnr said:
Rat":2nebnqnr said:

No, and I didn't really have a problem with Carson doing his hip thrusts, other than the fact that I think he was lying about his intent. I'm just pointing out that Wilson would never do that, so your hypothetical was improbable.