Next years PAC 12 north is going to be fun

CPHawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":1q10jrbk said:
UO will land a good DC, but I'm not holding my breath on Nolan. Orlando is much more likely imo.

I might have spoken to soon. :)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":4mvqpcxx said:
CPHawk":4mvqpcxx said:
UO will land a good DC, but I'm not holding my breath on Nolan. Orlando is much more likely imo.

I might have spoken to soon. :)

It's brady hoke. Huge upgrade over pellum, but I really, really wanted Nolan. Hoke is a Really good recruiter, not a very good head coach at Michigan but was good everywhere before that, and a hell of a position coach. All in all I'm satisfied, but not bllown away. Hopefully he'll add some fire and intensity, that's been really missing from the d.

https://mobile.twitter.com/brucefeldman ... 5775637504

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Brady Hoke

loooooooooooool

What a terrible hire :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":aebpc9v7 said:
Brady Hoke

loooooooooooool

Uh oh... Now I'm worried. USC fans are experts at terrible hires by now...

Basically I'm cautiously optimistic. The ducks were immensely improved the day they fired pellum, the new dc was just icing on the cake.

Supposedly mike Nolan was offered and accepted the job and something broke down at the last minute.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1kzgrllh said:
Brady Hoke

loooooooooooool

Why did he fail at Michigan? Because he never had a qb worth a crap. He had top 20 D every year though, and can recruit with the best of them. But it's the offseason and SC fans will go back to thinking its 2005 again, until reality hits them in the face again next year.

SC won't be anything until you guys fire that disaster of a AD.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":12j1p4kw said:
Hasselbeck":12j1p4kw said:
Brady Hoke

loooooooooooool

Basically I'm cautiously optimistic. The ducks were immensely improved the day they fired pellum, the new dc was just icing on the cake.

Supposedly mike Nolan was offered and accepted the job and something broke down at the last minute.

Hey whenever you have a guy sitting out there that hasn't been a coordinator since 1982 you have to jump on it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CPHawk":12j1p4kw said:
Why did he fail at Michigan? Because he never had a qb worth a crap. He had top 20 D every year though, and can recruit with the best of them. But it's the offseason and SC fans will go back to thinking its 2005 again, until reality hits them in the face again next year.

USC's struggles don't make this a good hire. Hoke is terrible.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He plays a 4-3 attacking defense. That's all I need to hear. At least if the defense is going to suck they're going to do it going forward and being aggressive rather then just absorbing blockers and letting the offense come to them.

The more I read about him the more excited I become. Even if he sucks, it's going to be light years better than what we've had.

I don't think you understand how frustrating it's been watching the d under pellum. No aggression no fire no passion. It was basically 4 periods of prevent.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":32l5e13a said:
JSeahawks":32l5e13a said:
Hasselbeck":32l5e13a said:
Brady Hoke

loooooooooooool

Hey whenever you have a guy sitting out there that hasn't been a coordinator since 1982 you have to jump on it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CPHawk":32l5e13a said:

USC's struggles don't make this a good hire. Hoke is terrible.

Was he terrible when he was the COY, or the 3 different times he was conference coach of the year? I think a lot of people just look at his last two year and say he's horrible. We'll see, but his D weren't the problems at Michigan.