NFC Final Playoff Picture

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm trying to work on not saying "we" all the time. But....when people say to me "we....what position do you play?"
I just say I play left out. And yes, I am on the team. Always gets a strange look, but I'm a strange cat so...….

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
" I'm a strange cat"
That's a GOOD thing. I only got one gem of wisdom from the guy who raised me. It was; "You can't be just like everyone else AND be outstanding".
I played QB, but a smashed knee ruined my dreams. I did, however, go on a few years later, to participate in an afternoon "camp" with Zorn back in the day. Did a lot of taking turns throwing the ball around. Nothing fancy but it was a memorable experience and my first ever trip to Washington. To this day I admire the way that guy played as much as any QB ever.
Now we have "too small" Wilson and Lockette in place of Zorn and Largent. And now we're contending for division, conference, and SB championships instead of playing for relevance. 3 more games to determine where we're at for the post season this year.
I'm resigned to near full time butterflies in the belly until we get this deal done.

xray

Reaction score
Appyhawk":zxz1prhs said:
" I'm a strange cat"
That's a GOOD thing. I only got one gem of wisdom from the guy who raised me. It was; "You can't be just like everyone else AND be outstanding".
I played QB, but a smashed knee ruined my dreams. I did, however, go on a few years later, to participate in an afternoon "camp" with Zorn back in the day. Did a lot of taking turns throwing the ball around. Nothing fancy but it was a memorable experience and my first ever trip to Washington. To this day I admire the way that guy played as much as any QB ever.
Now we have "too small" Wilson and Lockette in place of Zorn and Largent. And now we're contending for division, conference, and SB championships instead of playing for relevance. 3 more games to determine where we're at for the post season this year.
I'm resigned to near full time butterflies in the belly until we get this deal done.

Holy chit...why don't you 2 get a room :?: :pukeface:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Easy old man, go back to your grumpy everything sucks posts. You're excellent at that. Are you really that miserable? Have you ever ONCE posted something good about the Hawks? Ever?

Meh, have a good holiday. You're not even worth the effort. Go Hawks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Polaris":gra5frhh said:
Wenhawk":gra5frhh said:
Win out and we have the #1 Seed because in a 3 way tie breaker with GB and NO we'd own the tie breakers.

That's assuming that Green Bay and New Orleans wins out as well. If Green Bay doesn't win out, then we don't control our own destiny for the #1 seed.
I think the Vikes beat them a week from Monday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Loving this time of year when the top teams are going against each other. So much to still be determined and the games have a lot more intensity obviously. The Playoff machine is a great tool this time of year.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Why do people get offended if you say we? I understand im not part of the team physically. Emotionally i am. Lol

If it wasnt for "we" the fans, athletes would need a office job. So yes "we" are part of the team.

kmeleon

Reaction score
I absolutely say "we" when I refer the the Hawks. I've been a fan for 30 some odd years since I was a little kid, I've been a part of this team longer than any player on the current roster for sure :mrgreen:

I'm invested :snack:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wnr6yfr said:
I'm trying to work on not saying "we" all the time. But....when people say to me "we....what position do you play?"
I just say I play left out. And yes, I am on the team. Always gets a strange look, but I'm a strange cat so...….

Everyone says "we". Pretty much.

lukerguy

Reaction score
49ers are going down to the Falcons this week in a shocker. Atlanta has been playing well since Quinn's job is on the line the last few weeks. 49ers are banged up.

lukerguy

Reaction score
lukerguy":1w7s5pqd said:
49ers are going down to the Falcons this week in a shocker. Atlanta has been playing well since Quinn's job is on the line the last few weeks. 49ers are banged up.

I don't post often but I felt really confident this was going to happen. Go Hawks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
lukerguy":1yxc618k said:
lukerguy":1yxc618k said:

I don't post often but I felt really confident this was going to happen. Go Hawks.

You called it, bro. Nice work.

JonRud

Reaction score
Per the original post, I think the Hawks are not going to win the SOV tiebreaker over SF. I did the math, and I think SF will hold either a 2 or a 3 game lead (3 if the Saints win tomorrow) in SOV after this week over the Hawks.

So I think it's very unlikely the Hawks will make up that many games in SOV the last 2 weeks and be able to win the division at 12-4 if they beat AZ and lose to SF. possible, but very unlikely.

I think the Hawks are going to need to beat SF to win the West. I mean, the 49ers are probably not losing to the Rams on Saturday night anyway, but even if they do I do not think the Hawks can realistically clinch the West with just a win over Arizona.

JonRud

Reaction score
also the Hawks are guaranteed a bye if they win out and go 13-3. in a 3-way tie with GB and NO at 13-3, the Hawks are the #1 seed. or if either GB or NO drops a game to finish 12-4, the Hawks have a bye.

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
JonRud":2wz2ul1e said:
also the Hawks are guaranteed a bye if they win out and go 13-3. in a 3-way tie with GB and NO at 13-3, the Hawks are the #1 seed. or if either GB or NO drops a game to finish 12-4, the Hawks have a bye.

You are right. I thought that Seattle could clinch the SoV, but I did the math and I agree not possible. If Sea Wins out, then yes they are assured no worse than a week one bye.

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
JonRud":3kretfqn said:
Per the original post, I think the Hawks are not going to win the SOV tiebreaker over SF. I did the math, and I think SF will hold either a 2 or a 3 game lead (3 if the Saints win tomorrow) in SOV after this week over the Hawks.

So I think it's very unlikely the Hawks will make up that many games in SOV the last 2 weeks and be able to win the division at 12-4 if they beat AZ and lose to SF. possible, but very unlikely.

I think the Hawks are going to need to beat SF to win the West. I mean, the 49ers are probably not losing to the Rams on Saturday night anyway, but even if they do I do not think the Hawks can realistically clinch the West with just a win over Arizona.

I did the math in detail and you are right. The difference between the quality of our Atlanta Win and their New Orleans win is too massive to make up. Seattle can not clinch next week and I've updated the original post accordingly.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Who takes the division if we end up in a tie with the whiners?

OP
OP
P

Polaris

Reaction score
zchurch74":1k61thwm said:
Who takes the division if we end up in a tie with the whiners?

Almost certainly the Niners. Because the Niners have beaten better teams (SoV tie break) Edit: However, if we wind up tied in overall record AND we beat San Fran in week 17, then Seattle takes the division because of the head to head tiebreak.