NFC Playoff Predictions

12thManNorth

Reaction score
By Cowherd's reasoning, we should be the greatest team in football history. 42 straight reg season + playoff games where we haven't lost by more than 1 score

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
12thManNorth":uhr2yws8 said:
By Cowherd's reasoning, we should be the greatest team in football history. 42 straight reg season + playoff games where we haven't lost by more than 1 score

Our quarterback is too short. San Francisco has a much taller quarterback who reminds Cowherd of his favorite Disney villain, Jafar. We're doomed. :sarcasm_off:

nsport

Reaction score
Seeker":lupez0nr said:
SF will SLAUGHTER GB. Slaughter.
they are a team that has matched up really well with the pack the last two years and CK just puts them over the top.
Hats off to the pack and all for pulling off the hail mary but that was against the worst defense in the NFL.
that defense just isn't built to handle mobile qb's and this is WITH clay Matthews (who is still out due to that thumb).
This will be close for like 2 quarters than slide into a 24 - 14 drubbing.

NO will have a shootout with Philly but ultimately come out on top. This is gonna be like the Arizona vs GB game from 2008. we are talking video game numbers.
54 - 42.

Homey post, homey. 24-14 is not a drubbing by the way.

I cannot predict the future, nor can you. But you do realize that GB now has a running game and a fairly healthy complement of WR's - and are playing at home in weather that will not be ideal for SF. If SF wins, they will squeak one out. But as you noticed, GB has a tendency to hang around and make plays at the end of games. The key to this game will be if SF can sustain pressure on Rodgers - which is entirely possible. But with the new wrinkle of an actual run game, that should keep the SF defense off balance and GB will look to exploit their advantage in the passing game. Looking forward to an entertaining game!

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The top four teams in the NFC - SEA, SF, CAR, and NO are all capable of winning on the road...will they is the question. I think SF wins on the road in GB and against the Panthers in Carolina. While Panthers are good on defense up front, they aren't solid in the secondary and with Crabs, Boldin, and Davis there, 49ers have more receiving threats. It really doesn't matter who the Seahawks play...they are the top of the NFC. If Seahawk defense plays like they did last Sunday. No one will beat the Seahawks. They shut Brees down earlier too. Panthers, Eagles, or 49ers don't have the level of QB or WR corps the Saints have.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Not picking the Saints to win on the road vs anybody, but especially not Philly, which is not getting the respect they deserve on this board. That offense is clicking.

Green Bay just doesn't have a defense. SF goes in there and beats them. Aaron Rodgers won't make up for that pathetic defense.

We'll play SF and Philly will play Carolina. I think odds are we face the Panthers for the NFCCG having won a slugfest vs the Niners.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would love to see the Niners lose in GB, but the Packers are a cream puff. As long as SF doesn't do anything stupid like try to get into a shootout, the Packers may not hold the ball for 20 minutes.

I think the Saints take out Philly, but in a much lower scoring game than everyone thinks.

SF goes to Carolina and has the worst offensive output of the year, even worse than the game in Seattle earlier this year. Carolina wins a 13-3 game that feels like 31-3.

The Saints feel like they are going back into Purgatory, with a chance of escaping, but discover that they have ended up in eternal HELL. This team? A home playoff game? Against a finesse team standing in their way? Yikes. It might even be considered a game of mercy in which for the protection of Drew Brees that Goodell orders the officiating crew to label the Hawks pass rush as too dangerous to play for the second half. After every return from commercial Fox will have to add "Material may be too graphic for younger viewers" before returning to game coverage.

Carolina finds out that losing a close game at home against the Hawks means nothing in how they compete in the Clink. The phrase "leave no doubt" is used no less than 12 times by the announcers who are likely to be Aikman and Buck. Aikman will be speechless, unable to inject his traditional reference to greatness of the old school Cowboys or Niners. Harvin, KJ Wright and Willson all play in the NFCC and the Super Bowl.

Shit is about to get real.

capncrunch

Reaction score
nsport":5ruhzkic said:
SF stands a pretty good chance of beating GB. The key matchup is their front 7 against the GB OL. GB has found a running attack which gives them a chance - and of course, Rodgers and his receiving corps - which will put a lot of pressure on the back 4 and coverage LB's. I agree that SF does not really match up well with Carolina. I see them winning quite easily actually. But, if SF wins and PHI wins, we see SF in the divisional round. Tough game which will be very hard to call, but I would take the Hawks based on previous performances against SF.

My predicted NFC outcomes:

NFC Wildcard Round Winners: Philadelphia & San Francisco
NFC Divisional Round: Seattle & Carolina
NFC Championship: Seattle

I agree with these predicted outcomes.

chawx

Reaction score
NFC:
WC Winners: NO & SF
Divisional Winners: SEA & CAR
Conference Winner: SEA

AFC:
WC Winners: IND & CIN
Divisional Winners: DEN & IND
Conference Winner: IND

Super Bowl: SEA 45 IND 17

Call me a homer a thousand times, but I don't see it going any over way.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Code:
NFC                                                                                                                     
     [SF]                                                                                                          
-                  [SF]                                                                                                               
     [GB]    -                   [CAR]                                      
                   [CAR]                                                                      
                              -                [SEA] 
                   [SEA]    
     [NO]    -                   [SEA]
-                  [NO]   
     [PHI]
                                                             [SEA]
AFC
     [KC]
-                  [KC]
     [IND]   -                  [NE]
                   [NE]
                              -                [DEN]
                   [DEN]
     [SD]                       [DEN]
-             -    [SD]
     [CIN]

QuahHawk

Reaction score
NFC:
WC: NO & SF
DIVISIONAL: SF & SEA
CONFERENCE: SEA

AFC:
WC: KC & CAN
DIVISIONAL: DEN & NE
CONFERENCE: DEN

SB: SEA

plyka

Reaction score
HoRneR":1x9la75c said:
BBQHawk":1x9la75c said:
I don't see how San Fran goes into Carolina and wins. They could not beat them at home. It's close, Cam wins it.

Vernon was hurt in the first quarter of that game and we didn't have Crabtree can you really not see a way the 49ers win that game?

It'll be tough for the 49ers to go on the road and beat GB then Carolina. I expect them to lose before they get to Seattle. Although I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawkfan68":18u9c4dq said:
Axx":18u9c4dq said:
i seriously doubt the 49ers can travel to Carolina and beat them. We all have seen what elite defenses on the Road do to him.

i know you really want a 3rd match vs the niners, but you got to show the Panthers some respect.

I really don't care who plays Seattle. I just think the 49ers are playing better than the Panthers at this point. The Panthers barely beat the Saints at home and then almost lost to a depleted Falcon team yesterday. They had something to play for and the Falcons didn't. Yet the Falcons should have beaten them. Panthers are a very good team. I just think the 49ers are better. Of course, the Seahawks are the best.

Wait what? Do you mean the same Atlanta team that nearly beat the Niners in Candlestick a week earlier?

Remember if the Niners do get past GB (and I think it is very questionable they do) they would not only have to play Carolina in Carolina it would be a 10am start time. Unless somehow Carolina looks past them (and I doubt it) I don't see how suddenly the Niners who barely beat the Falcons in their own house are going to beat Carolina who just beat the Falcons in the Falcons home. It just doesn't add up.

NO beats philly to lose in Seattle and GB loses in Carolina after beating the Niners in Packerland. Seattle vs Carolina for the right to go to the super bowl and I have to go with the home team.

Largent80

Reaction score
SF will LOSE in GB. Heavy snow predicted for a team based in SF. Krapperdink played college in Las Vegas.

N.O. wins.

Seattle wins, and wins it ALL.

BOOM

Ampedhawk

Reaction score
Eagles over Saints
Niners over Packers
Panthers over Eagles
Seahawks over Niners
Seahawks over Panthers

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":jdnn4p56 said:
SF will LOSE in GB. Heavy snow predicted for a team based in SF. Krapperdink played college in Las Vegas.

N.O. wins.

Seattle wins, and wins it ALL.

BOOM

Actually I believe Krapperdink played for the University of Nevada Reno Wolfpack. They play in Mackay stadium which is an outdoor stadium. Having lived in Carson City, NV which is about 45 minutes west of Reno I can attest that it does get cold and snowy there in the winter. Not to say the weather and field conditions will not adversely affect him since he is from Cali and plays in SF now when he goes to GB this weekend, but he does have experience playing college football in less than warm weather.

With that I do agree with all of your other predictions. Especially the Seattle Wins it all part. Go Hawks!!

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Thought I would revive this thread. It is a SEA vs SF NFCCG. Should be a great game on Sunday. Good job Wenhawk, you predicted the final four teams left standing correctly (NE and Den, SEA and SF).