NFC West is darn fun to watch

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":1pejfcrg said:
I think the reason is that you can't have two AFC teams in one stadium or city because of the TV contracts. It's only an issue if both the Chargers and Raiders move to LA.

No issue if the Rams move to LA by themselves, or with one or other of the Raiders or Chargers.

But does that really matter now that CBS and FOX can cross flex games? Remember the Rams at Packers that was broadcast on CBS instead of FOX?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":2e3y3whg said:
My guess is that the Rams and Chargers move to L.A. and the Raiders get left in Oakland where they eventually get their own stadium built. The Raiders will probably have to be sold before they get their stadium.

Agreed on all counts.

Their problem is that Mark Davis is still on the younger side for an NFL owner (he's 60), and the Raiders have quite literally been his entire life for his entire life (they're not selling while he's alive), and as I recall the family doesn't really have a big cash reserve of money beyond owning the Raiders (back in '07 Al Davis even had to sell off a chunk of his ownership to keep things going).

So, either they're on the move or just in a holding pattern in a crumbling multi-use stadium until Mark Davis dies, as there's no way in hell Oakland is going to build them a stadium.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":jhuhtdlc said:
RedAlice":jhuhtdlc said:
I think the reason is that you can't have two AFC teams in one stadium or city because of the TV contracts. It's only an issue if both the Chargers and Raiders move to LA.

No issue if the Rams move to LA by themselves, or with one or other of the Raiders or Chargers.

But does that really matter now that CBS and FOX can cross flex games? Remember the Rams at Packers that was broadcast on CBS instead of FOX?

It's not like they are going to flex every home.

CBS will want rights to 8 home games and Fox will want rights to 8 home games. How they flex out games is up to them during the season and they negotiate it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1kvucagx said:
Uncle Si":1kvucagx said:
I'd rather the Seahawks were back in the AFC West..

I mean I don't "hate" that they are in the NFC West... but the Rams, Cards and 9ers will never be "rivals" of the Seahawks in my mind... only "in the way" teams. There will be good games, and some bad blood (there already has been) but it won't match the Raiders-Broncos-Chiefs rivalries (Chargers, a little I guess).

Nothing disparaging about the current NFC West... its been highly competitive the last few years. I just don't "hate" the teams.. mildly irritated by them at best.

This will happen before the Rams move to the AFCW.

Actually it won't, we don't have to move anywhere anymore unless we agree to move, it was part of the deal that brought us back to the NFC West. So the NFL will have to grease the skids and entice us to do it now. The Los Angeles Rams sound much better then the St Louis Rams anyway.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":2kus25hx said:
Rex":2kus25hx said:
RedAlice":2kus25hx said:

It's not like they are going to flex every home.

CBS will want rights to 8 home games and Fox will want rights to 8 home games. How they flex out games is up to them during the season and they negotiate it.

They might evenly flex in the case of two teams in the same city in the same conference. Nothing would stand in the way. They could agree to trade a teams schedule from the NFC too. I doubt TV broadcast rights will have any sway over conference makeup.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rex":2d4szb0y said:
chris98251":2d4szb0y said:
The Los Angeles Rams sound much better then the St Louis Rams anyway.

Not to me.

Looks around, appears to be a Seahawk board, Seahawks are on the West Coast, St Louis isn't, Los Angeles is where most of us remember the Rams coming from. I guess that makes your comment akin to Mr. Irrelevant.

Sorry Rex I was having a moment of fun at your expense :)

RedAlice

Reaction score
As Rex, Superman28 and me know - Chris, we are on the edge of the topic right now. Both sides believe what they believe.

We will know soon, at the very latest in January. Could be sooner in either direction.

The interesting thing is the topic has become so debated and followed to the micro of micro levels, that there reallly isn't anything to say that all fans who care don't already know.

It's actually a fascinating thing it has morphed into - and a major divide in a single fan base. Fans are hating on each other instead of other teams.

I'm also pretty sure that all StL fans believe the Rams are staying.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Rex":1za9mjc7 said:
RedAlice":1za9mjc7 said:
I think all of the other Rams fans on this board are from St. Louis, so they won't understand any of this. In fact, they are WISHING vocally to be in the AFC W on St. Louis boards.

But, it will be a TRUE NFL TRAVESTY if the Rams leave the NFC W.

Careful with your use of "they" since I don't remember any Rams posters here wanting to leave the NFCW. The "TRUE NFL TRAVESTY" would be the Rams leaving St. Louis.
I would rather they move back to L.A. so the Hawks have less travel. Besides, I lived in L.A. when the Rams went to the SB vs Pittsburgh in 80. They've always been the L.A. Rams to me.

Rex

Reaction score
chris98251":20j7p3kd said:
Rex":20j7p3kd said:
chris98251":20j7p3kd said:

Not to me.

Looks around, appears to be a Seahawk board, Seahawks are on the West Coast, St Louis isn't, Los Angeles is where most of us remember the Rams coming from. I guess that makes your comment akin to Mr. Irrelevant.

Thank you 90210. :mrgreen:

chris98251

Reaction score
Rex":30ygqct5 said:
chris98251":30ygqct5 said:
Rex":30ygqct5 said:
chris98251":30ygqct5 said:

Not to me.

Thank you 90210. :mrgreen:

Well see your already learning Southern Cal Zip codes, there is hope for you yet, RedAlice must be proud :)

Rex

Reaction score
chris98251":3tczmpsm said:
Well see your already learning Southern Cal Zip codes, there is hope for you yet, RedAlice must be proud :)

Indeed she is. :lol:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":1zlvn0cl said:
Rex":1zlvn0cl said:
chris98251":1zlvn0cl said:

Not to me.

As Goose said in Top Gun...WE.....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":lqlunkgh said:
chris98251":lqlunkgh said:

Indeed she is. :lol:

A :0190l: for Rex since it's his favorite.

Whichever zip code our Rams end up in - we are their fans so we are stuck with each other. :179417:

Rex

Reaction score
Thanks RA, decision time approaches fast. That is my favorite but wish his suit was blue and gold instead of red.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":lbwihocl said:
Thanks RA, decision time approaches fast. That is my favorite but wish his suit was blue and gold instead of red.

Yes it does!! Finally. I am ready for this to be over.

I have very high expectations of the Rams fans in STL if the Rams do stay. Oxnard was awesome with Rams love and excitement. I'd like to see that in St. Louis if they stay.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":qtqwro9r said:
Rex":qtqwro9r said:
RedAlice":qtqwro9r said:
I think all of the other Rams fans on this board are from St. Louis, so they won't understand any of this. In fact, they are WISHING vocally to be in the AFC W on St. Louis boards.

But, it will be a TRUE NFL TRAVESTY if the Rams leave the NFC W.

Careful with your use of "they" since I don't remember any Rams posters here wanting to leave the NFCW. The "TRUE NFL TRAVESTY" would be the Rams leaving St. Louis.
I would rather they move back to L.A. so the Hawks have less travel. Besides, I lived in L.A. when the Rams went to the SB vs Pittsburgh in 80. They've always been the L.A. Rams to me.
Correct. Especially since we were never supposed to be in the AFC at all. That was because of a backroom deal with the NFL with the creveat of NEVER being moved again.

The Rams need to be back in Los Angeles seriously. And the sooner the better. It'd make more sense if Denver or Kansas City switched rather than the Rams being in St. Louis while being in the NFCW.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
3-2 seems to sum up my feelings on the two teams at the moment.

Rex

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3f2oo956 said:
3-2 seems to sum up my feelings on the two teams at the moment.

Rams 3-0 sums up my feelings on the rest of the division at this moment.

Latest posts