NFC West Title Chances

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Followthelegion":hn8dl99p said:
Kearly's point is an important distinction.

The SoV only comes into play when the common opponents record is tied.

But one addendum that others also pointed out, SoV is not only dependent on Pittsburgh v Cinci, it also depends on the records of Dallas and New Orleans. I actually don't think its utterly implausible that Seattle can get the jump regarding SoV, as I think Pittsburgh will narrow the gap on Cinci and its not inconceivable that Dallas can eek out a couple of wins to finish the year (@home vs Washington in particular).

Not likely, but better chance than winning the lottery!

Still, pulling for the Vikings tonight!
ONE MOVE SoV element that I have not seen being talking about...

IF (however unlikely) the Cardinals manage to lose tonight to the Vikings, and then lose to Philly, BUT beat the Packers... THEN the Vikings and Packers records ALSO play into the SoV discussion. In that case, Vikings beating out the Packers for the North helps us.

SO...all is not lost when the inevitable happens tonight...unless you think the Vikings are going to take the North or the Cards will lose out! :thirishdrinkers:

idahawks

Reaction score
Cartire":3gh2zjkq said:
nIdahoSeahawk":3gh2zjkq said:
Hawks46":3gh2zjkq said:
Cartire":3gh2zjkq said:
There are a number of threads on the first page that answer this question.

No. They don't clinch.

Actually I think they do. If we tie, we tie record wise, divisional record, and common games. Then it goes down to strength of schedule, in which they win if they beat Minn and GB, since we lost to GB and Cincy, and they beat Cincy already.

So I don't think OP is inaccurate.

After playing with the machine more, I think you're right. AZ clinches the division with a win this week. Playing with any combination of W/L for teams that effect our SOS still has them winning the div with a win this week. Thanks!

No. Because of Cincy/Steelers and NO and Dallas.

Yes, we lost to cincy and AZ beat them.
Yes, AZ lost to the Steelers and we beat them.

We beat Dallas
They beat NO.

If NO/Cincy lose more then Steelers/Dallas, we win the SOV tiebreaker.

Yes, its a long shot, but its not a clinch after tomorrow no matter what. Please read the fieldgulls post to answer all your questions.

Catire is right, the don't clinch with a win against Minn but it makes if unlikely that we can win the division if they do.

Latest posts