NFC West week 6 Edition

rideaducati

Reaction score
ctrcat":1oy2eyeb said:
Hasselbeck":1oy2eyeb said:
ctrcat":1oy2eyeb said:
CardsForever":1oy2eyeb said:
Carolina is the worst 4-0 team, there's no debating that.

No debate? Let's try. The Panthers have won their last 8 regular season games and 9 of their last 10 overall. The only loss they had more yards, first downs, and TOP than the Hawks. They have more net points than the Broncos and Denver hasn't been without a player the caliber of Luke Kuechly. Preseason or not, they were the better team than the Patriots in the dress rehearsal 3rd preseason game (starters vs starters). Might not matter much, but even the Hawks said this mattered in the Super Bowl rematch vs Denver in that they knew they were better. Hell the Panthers even beat the Patriots in their last regular season matchup. No debate?

Agree.. I think Denver is a bigger facade than the Panthers.

Thank you.

But the Broncos are 5-0.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
ctrcat":2mt2wgkm said:
Hasselbeck":2mt2wgkm said:
ctrcat":2mt2wgkm said:
CardsForever":2mt2wgkm said:

No debate? Let's try. The Panthers have won their last 8 regular season games and 9 of their last 10 overall. The only loss they had more yards, first downs, and TOP than the Hawks. They have more net points than the Broncos and Denver hasn't been without a player the caliber of Luke Kuechly. Preseason or not, they were the better team than the Patriots in the dress rehearsal 3rd preseason game (starters vs starters). Might not matter much, but even the Hawks said this mattered in the Super Bowl rematch vs Denver in that they knew they were better. Hell the Panthers even beat the Patriots in their last regular season matchup. No debate?

Thank you.

Okay 8 games straight.
Houston, Jackonsville, Tampa, and NO.

Last year
Atlanta, Cleveland, Tampa, NO

So the best team you guys have played in the last 8 weeks finished 7-9 and was rated #17 in DVOA.
Between last year and this year those teams you have beat have combined for

28 Wins
57 Losses

This will also be the 9th straight game against an opponent with a losing record. But this time it's a quality opponent.

ctrcat

Reaction score
ringless":ndxp2bw7 said:
ctrcat":ndxp2bw7 said:
Hasselbeck":ndxp2bw7 said:

Okay 8 games straight.

Last year

So the best team you guys have played in the last 8 weeks finished 7-9 and was rated #17 in DVOA.

28 Wins
57 Losses

This will also be the 9th straight game against an opponent with a losing record. But this time it's a quality opponent.[/quote]

Neither the Broncos, Bengals, or Packers have beaten a team with a winning record either.

I get it, you and most here and elsewhere don't believe in the Panthers. This Sunday is huge. But regardless, the Panthers are still in good shape.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
ctrcat":jhnxcvxw said:
ringless":jhnxcvxw said:
ctrcat":jhnxcvxw said:
Hasselbeck":jhnxcvxw said:

Okay 8 games straight.

Last year

28 Wins
57 Losses

This will also be the 9th straight game against an opponent with a losing record. But this time it's a quality opponent.

Neither the Broncos, Bengals, or Packers have beaten a team with a winning record either.

I get it, you and most here and elsewhere don't believe in the Panthers. This Sunday is huge. But regardless, the Panthers are still in good shape.[/quote]

I will agree on the Broncos. Its telling that 80% of their points have come from Defense and kicks. They do not look good at all. The thing about the Packers is they have been consistently winning for awhile now. They are a proven commodity.

The Bengals beat the Seahawks. Lets see if Carolina can do the same. Like I said. I will be rooting for you guys big time this weekend. This is a huge week in a lot of ways. Carolina can take control of the division. And it would be a huge to blow to Seattle. I hope I am made to look like a fool for doubting you guys.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ Ha! Me too.

Getting Kuechly back then losing Allen and Klein is like getting your car back from the shop and discovering your newly purchased appliance blew a fuse. Part of the game though and the Hawks are dealing with their own injuries so we'll see.

SF49r

Reaction score
Steelers over Cards
Bye over Rams
Niners over Ravens
Panthers over Seahawks

Upsets!!!! :th2thumbs:

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Arizona - W
Seattle Seahawks - W (the Seahawks will not lose 2 games in a row...So Let's do this!)
San Francisco - L

Largent80

Reaction score
drdiags":2y2hatsv said:
Current record: 13-3

Cardinals at Steelers: I figured the Steelers would lose against the Chargers, because Vick is not as dynamic as he once was. He showed some spark but I have the Cards winning this game. If Big Ben plays, that would be a nice shoot-out since Vick has made Antonio Brown a non-factor (sort of like the Graham story here). Since Big Ben's status is up in the air, I take the Cards.

Cards 5-1

Panthers at Seattle: The Panthers get Luke back, while the Seahawks may be without Wagner and Hill (most likely). Cam played well early in last year's Playoff game here so I don't expect he will get rattled plus the 12s probably are still in shock at what they are seeing out of the team. Hopefully they snap out of it and bring the noise. Should be a close game but I am going Seattle.

Seattle 3-3

Rams: Bye 2-3

Ravens at 9ers: San Fran showed some spark at NY in a heartbreaking loss. The Ravens are a mystery to me. The loss of Suggs must have taken quite a bit out of them because some of their losses are mind-boggling. Both QBs could have great stats after this one is over but right now I am going to take the 9ers. I just don't know what is up with the Ravens so I am going with the home team.

9ers: 2-4

The good Doc has echoed my exact thoughts. Are you in my head James?....If so, waddaya think?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
drdiags":84hlmzan said:
Largent80":84hlmzan said:
The good Doc has echoed my exact thoughts. Are you in my head James?....If so, waddaya think?

Don't do it!!! Ha ha ...

Run Doc, Run while you have a chance. he he he he

Fade

Reaction score
AZ (4-1) @ PIT (3-2)

It's not who you play, but when you play them. AZ has had impeccable timing the last season and a half. They are facing a Steelers team that is coming off an emotional win, on short rest, with a backup QB. BA's history with Pittsburgh is another feather in his cap. The Steelers only hope is getting relentless pressure on Carson Palmer, I don't think they do.

Pick: Cardinals

CAR (4-0) @ SEA (2-3)

Normally given the scenario I would pick an easy Seahawks win. It's not anymore, the Seattle coaching staff have a fetish for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Rivera 0-4 off the bye, and the homefield adv. is the saving grace I am going with. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina wins, the Seahawks are that dysfunctional right now.

Pick: Seahawks

BAL (1-4) @ SC (1-4)

Baltimore has been in every game this year, their record is deceiving. They are more like a .500 team than a .250 team. I know some will overreact to Kap having a good game against the NYG, but that is because Spags is an idiot an didn't blitz Kap into oblivion. Kap doesn't handle the blitz well at all, and drops his eye level. Jim will give brother John some inside info, and he will also make sure to break out the blitz packages in heavy doses.

Pick: Ravens

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Watching Cards v. Stealers this morning (I have the Ticket). God I'm jealous of Arizona's o-line. I know the Stealer's D isn't great, but Cards are running for like 8 per carry and Palmer has barely had a hand laid on him.

I will say though, Palmer still has the proclivity to throw into double coverage. Could cost them dearly when it matters most.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Watching Larry and Gresham get tackled before the ball arrives and no pi calls is interesting. That personal foul where we hit Vick in the shoulder pad was horrible as well. Some very favorable calls for Pitts but we just flat out look like the better team today so it shouldn't matter

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ringless":9pzf4haf said:
Watching Larry and Gresham get tackled before the ball arrives and no pi calls is interesting. That personal foul where we hit Vick in the shoulder pad was horrible as well. Some very favorable calls for Pitts but we just flat out look like the better team today so it shouldn't matter
Horrible officiating in Pissburgh's favor? Who would've guessed? :sarcasm_off:

Seriously agree with you ringless. Terrible call on that "helmet to helmet" roughing on Vick. Another defensive PI not called as I type this as well. I get awfully tired of the NFL giving the Stealers calls year after year after year after..........

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Wow Palmer goes to Floyd for a td catch and the db literally grabs his jersey and its stretched 2-3ft out almost tearing it as the ball is in the air and another no call

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 31s31 seconds ago
Clearly should have been interference in #AZvsPIT, anything that obvious when the shirt stretches should be called

Card have more questionable penalty yards than Pittsburgh has total yards after a half

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
No flag on this play? Ross Cockrell hanging on that @MichaelMFloyd T-Shirt #nfl #AZvsPIT #AZCardinals pic.twitter.com/fbPNauDWpa

— TylerBaldwin (@tylerbaldwin) October 18, 2015

For those that want to see a picture.

This is how it's been all game. Nothing has been called except on the cardinals. We have more penalty yards than Pittsburgh has total yards. (-6 passing yards trough a half)

The only reason it's even close is because of all the non-calls on pits and they more than favorable calls against the cards.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cards 279 yards to Steelers 90 and only up by 4 :lol:

Edit

And now losing hahahah

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The officials kept Pissburgh in the game long enough for them to get their feet and beat the Cards down in the process. I'm sure Commissioner Rooney is pleased.

Look it helps the Hawks if the Stealers win this, but the officiating has been so blatantly one-sided for Pissburgh it's hard for me to root for them.