NFCCG Matchups You Like and Dislike

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3gh0pfsm said:
Sgt. Largent":3gh0pfsm said:
volsunghawk":3gh0pfsm said:
Sgt. Largent":3gh0pfsm said:
The ONLY matchup for this game I'm worried about is Lacy and the Packers O-line against our interior defense.

If the Packers can get a push up the middle, then it'll give them the run game needed to keep Bennett and Avril off Rodgers enough to score some points and eat up clock.

I'll admit that I'm very curious as to whether Simon will be able to rebound a bit from an off game. He'd looked pretty good in some spots this year, but Benjamin abused him.

I left Simon off my concern post because I assume after Pete's presser that Maxwell is good to go. But yes, if Simon has to play any amount of significant time, that is a major matchup concern. I guarantee you Rodgers, Clements and McCarthy are drooling watching tape of Simon this week.

Maxwell may be good to go, but I recall him moving inside to the slot and Simon taking the outside on many occasions this season. That might be a matchup in Green Bay's favor, and I can see them trying to force Simon on to the field as much as possible.

Maxwell's been playing outside most of the time for the last part of the season. My guess is the Maxwell inside and Simon outside time period earlier this year was due to Lane being on IR, and Pete not trusting Simon to drop inside. Kinda the what's the lesser of two Simon evils, have him play outside or inside until Lane gets back.

coach78

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q93938o8 said:
Maxwell's been playing outside most of the time for the last part of the season. My guess is the Maxwell inside and Simon outside time period earlier this year was due to Lane being on IR, and Pete not trusting Simon to drop inside. Kinda the what's the lesser of two Simon evils, have him play outside or inside until Lane gets back.

My understanding was that Maxwell played the slot when the match-ups worked for him - the slot receiver was bigger (ie vs the Giants). Burley matches up better with the quicker slot receivers. Lane seems to fair well against either.

Edit: I would see Burley or Lane as a better match-up vs. Cobb.