NFL.com latest power rankings

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2myjil95 said:
Sweet, we still have a chance at a BCS bowl, oh wait...

If this were college we might be predicted to play in the Poinsettia Bowl...

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Rankings should be able to predict (to a degree) the outcome of theoretical matchups. This clown has just sorted the teams by win totals. My excel spreadsheet can do that.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Wow the NFL.com rankings are horrendous. So much clearly wrong with it, not sure if it's worth going into the details... But this is what he says about us:

"The five-spot might seem too low for this team, but considering San Diego soundly defeated Seattle and Arizona took care of San Diego, the Seahawks deserve to be behind both."

Soundly defeated? OK yes, they did make our Defense look pretty bad in the 115 degree heat... but we still had many chances to win this game. I believe we should have easily won if we had even just slightly better Offensive play calling...

I'm not sure how this guy even has a job? It's so bad I can't even understand this nonsense.

Reminds me a lot of how last season a lot of lists had the Kansas City Chiefs at rank #1 even though it was pretty obvious they played an incredibly weak schedule.

I'd prefer these "experts" to be a little more intelligent about the team's overall talent/potential rather than just their record when we are only in week 3! They are gonna be looking pretty foolish when some of their picks move up/down like 12 spots in the next 2-3 weeks...

If your list ever places a team more than 10 spots from where they really should be YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I don't care if it's just week 3 that's just bad haha.

I think all 3 lists have the Dolphins too low at either 24-25 but maybe I gave them too much credit for their win VS the Patriots, I still think they looked like a team that should obviously have a winning record though when all is said and done (I predicted 9 wins).

I'm gonna need to watch the 3 Bengals games in condensed format, I really doubt they are worthy of rank #1 or #2 which all 3 of the lists I'm looking at have ranked them. Might comment more on this after I watch those games.

I don't really care too much about the power rankings, doesn't bother me nearly as much as media analysts under-rating Wilson or picking us to lose certain games. So I probably sound a lot more agitated than I really am.

I do realize the point of some of these lists are to rank how strong teams look at this moment.

I prefer to weigh the current records/performance with a healthy dose of how good the team really is and where I think they'll be by the end of the season. In that regard I think the list I made after Week 1 is a lot more accurate overall with a few exceptions:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96261

rjdriver

Reaction score
At least you don't need to be an insider to see them.

I agree though, if I wanted to see the power rankings based on record alone, I would go to this thing called "standings".

SeaWolv

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27q8ngvs said:
Can't say I have a problem with being ranked #5. I think we're better than that, but we haven't demonstrated it this regular season thus far. Doesn't help that we faced three of the five best QBs in the game to open the season with.

I'm not sure losing on the road to a good Chargers team constitutes demonstrating we're not #1. There are 3 teams that are still undefeated.

The Eagles played a terrible Jaguar squad, barely beat a mediocre Redskins club at home and beat a decent Colts team.

Cincinnati beat a terrible Titans club a decent Ravens team and a good Falcons squad.

The Cards are the most impressive of the group having beat a decent Niners club a good Chargers team and a bad Giants squad.

Seattle beat a decent GB club a good Broncos team and lost to another good squad on the road by single digits.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
byau":3cgd8kgu said:
Another one: Bleacher Report
"NFL Power Rankings based on Super Bowl Odds"

Anyhow:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2208 ... -bowl-odds

I think I'm more interested in Power Rankings just to see what is written/said about all the teams in the league and the criteria why each team moves up or down.
Surprised they got it more right then wrong for once.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tokadub":3p6k6dit said:
Soundly defeated?
Our offense never got around to doing a whole lot and our defense regularly let San Diego drive the whole field, what else would you call it? I'd say it's a fair assessment.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1i1xm3bu said:
kpak76":1i1xm3bu said:
Sports Hernia":1i1xm3bu said:
Espn has us at number one, this one has us 5, who cares, it's all subjective opinion. The only power ranking that matters is the one where the team is holding the Lombardi trophy after the Super Bowl. Just my 2 cents worth.

Speaking of, here is ESPN's list. Wow has the Niners have fallen.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/4

Okay, I'm confused.

How is getting ranked by ESPN #1 possible with the deep-seeded hatred of the Sehawks I keep hearing about? Is this to lull Seahawks fans into a false sense of security so they can sucker punch them later?

So shocked that this is your take on this :sarcasm_off:

Your daily snide shots at Seattle fans are a real lesson. I'm sure they are learning from your wisdom.

Latest posts