NFL Films: Super Bowl 48

Mick063

Reaction score
Watching this.......it all sinks in. This video was the first time I have felt a little choked up.

I have been waiting my entire life for this. I was a senior in high school in 1976, the Seahawk expansion year. I have been a huge, huge fan my entire adult life. I endured Ken Behring, Rick Myer, and Stan Gelbaugh. I endured a threat to move the team to Los Angeles. I endured national obscurity from an Eastern Seaboard biased sports media. I endured a demoralizing Super Bowl XL loss.

This official NFL video, this legendary video, is what I have been waiting for my whole life. A huge check off the bucket list.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Mick063":yogqwlm6 said:
Watching this.......it all sinks in. This video was the first time I have felt a little choked up.

I have been waiting my entire life for this. I was a senior in high school in 1976, the Seahawk expansion year. I have been a huge, huge fan my entire adult life. I endured Ken Behring, Rick Myer, and Stan Gelbaugh. I endured a threat to move the team to Los Angeles. I endured national obscurity from an Eastern Seaboard biased sports media. I endured a demoralizing Super Bowl XL loss.

This official NFL video, this legendary video, is what I have been waiting for my whole life. A huge check off the bucket list.

I know the feeling. I was 9 years old that first time the Seahawks took the field against the Cardinals. In those days my friends and I used to imitate Terry Bradshaw and Lynn Swann making the "Swann Dive" for balls on a mattress. I knew that the Hawks were a brand new team, that it would be a long time before they were a championship team, but it was worth the wait.

In the early 80s, making it to the AFCC I still didn't realize how close they were. In 2005 we knew what happened. But this year you just knew that it was going to be hard to keep the Hawks out of the Super Bowl. All they needed was a chance and they did not take it for granted. The Hawks would have beat anyone in that game. Anyone.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Awesome video. Thank you! Watching this back to back with the Sound FX gives you such a great insight into the whole game.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I think this might be being shown tomorrow night at 11:30 PT on ESPN2HD. It also looks like it is on Tuesday as well at 7:30 PT on the NFL Network.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Indescribably beautiful! :th2thumbs:

I believe that's from the story of the 2013-2014 Seahawks that coming out from NFL Films. I just go through ordering mine yesterday (it comes out March 4th) ...

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Bowl-XL...=1392038852&sr=8-2&keywords=super+bowl+48+dvd

and it's on Blue Ray as well ...

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Bowl-XX...&qid=1392039093&sr=1-1&keywords=super+bowl+48

That was only 23 minutes long ... the entire DVD is 3 hours of Seahawks Love and is absolutely packed with goodies! Oh man, I'm going to be like a kid at Christmas who's been given an entire candy shop's worth of inventory to devour.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Assuming those are the same as the ones on Fanatics, the Blu-Ray version has extra bonus features that apparently will not be on the standard DVD.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We win one or two more Lombardis in the next couple of years and the Legion of Boom will live forever in the annals of NFL football along side the Steel Curtain and the No Name Defense.

How cool would that be?

Back on topic, I watched it yesterday for the first time... LOVED the sounds of the big hits. Very special.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Seems like this is a condensed/cleansed version of the SoundFX hour-long special. For instance, Champ Bailey doesn't have the "kick their ass" line intact.

Since the official DVD doesn't appear to be released until March, I'm not sure if any of us knows what's on it, but I don't want to purchase something I've already seen on television and YT.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":9tzj17re said:
loafoftatupu":9tzj17re said:
...The Hawks would have beat anyone in that game. Anyone.
I think it was Bennett said towards the end there, "We could beat the Greek Gods..."

EPIC!!!!

And that's one of the great things about this decisive, dominating win by the Hawks... it wasn't against a #6 seed that snuck into the SB with a 9-7 record, by getting hot at the right time like a San Diego this year or the Giants a couple years ago... this win was against the other undisputed #1... so we don't have to hear all the "Well, if so and so's..."

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":32umt14f said:
And that's one of the great things about this decisive, dominating win by the Hawks... it wasn't against a #6 seed that snuck into the SB with a 9-7 record, by getting hot at the right time like a San Diego this year or the Giants a couple years ago... this win was against the other undisputed #1... so we don't have to hear all the "Well, if so and so's..."
REALLY good point man!

Latest posts