NFL must really hate the West Coast teams:

Mitch

Reaction score
The Hawks had to play five 10 AM pacific time games in 2013. Now San Diego has to play a 10 AM game at Cincinnati next Sunday in the first round of the playoffs. Just more East Coast bias.

drdiags

Reaction score
I doubt the Steelers are thinking this. Chargers probably should be sitting at home if the NFL could effectively enforce their multitude of game rules.

rsm650

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1jvxhnpw said:
More likely ratings. To end the madness we must win the Superbowl end of story.

What if we play the Chargers? Are people going to remember the Super Bowl of two small market West Coast teams that were previously 0/1 in Super Bowls? :sarcasm_off:

Actually would be nice if we got to play the old AFC West rival teams (pretty good chance since 3 of them are in the playoffs).

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
rsm650":3qkb40sy said:
KCHawkGirl":3qkb40sy said:

What if we play the Chargers? Are people going to remember the Super Bowl of two small market West Coast teams that were previously 0/1 in Super Bowls? :sarcasm_off:

Actually would be nice if we got to play the old AFC West rival teams (pretty good chance since 3 of them are in the playoffs).

Interestingly (or not) when I did that prediction web app that someone posted a few weeks back it predicted a Chargers Seahawks final and the Chargers went on to win it.

James in PA

Reaction score
If Seattle ends up hosting San Fran on 1/11, the NFL is going to be kicking themselves for having their marquee game of the weekend be in the worst time slot. It would serve them right.

AVL

Reaction score
Move all of the teams east or all of the fans west. Even the home team doesn't get to dictate game starting times, so what is the use complaining?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
They hate small market teams. San Diego and Cincy qualify.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
There should never be a playoff game that starts at 10am. Scottie nailed it, but that doesn't make it any less silly.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":21931kez said:
I doubt the Steelers are thinking this. Chargers probably should be sitting at home if the NFL could effectively enforce their multitude of game rules.

I know that I personally feel terrible about the steelers getting cheated out of a superbowl by bad reffing on Bill Leavey's part, just terrible. And I'm certain that all of steeler nation feels totally justified in heaping criticism on NFL ref mistakes that allow the wrong team to end up with the trophy. Man, I feel bad about all this!

:mrgreen:

drdiags

Reaction score
GeekHawk":b4ovv22e said:
drdiags":b4ovv22e said:

I know that I personally feel terrible about the steelers getting cheated out of a superbowl by bad reffing on Bill Leavey's part, just terrible. And I'm certain that all of steeler nation feels totally justified in heaping criticism on NFL ref mistakes that allow the wrong team to end up with the trophy. Man, I feel bad about all this!

:mrgreen:

There is Karma after all. I doubt anyone is shedding a tear besides Pittsburgh fans. :thirishdrinkers:

kidhawk

Reaction score
rsm650":1pmclcac said:
KCHawkGirl":1pmclcac said:

Curiosly, with the changes over the years, I wonder if any two teams that had previously been in the same division have ever met in a Super Bowl? That would make for a little extra interest in the media fodder leading up to the big game

drdiags

Reaction score
Colts moving from the NFC to AFC after losing to the AFL as the NFL representative probably tops the same division Superbowl. Since they weren't in the same division with the Saints or Bears, that was a miss. I am not sure if they were in the same division with the Cowboys prior to moving over to the AFC. I will have to go check that out.

I also don't remember which division the Bucs were in when they spent 1 season in the AFC prior to switching back to the NFC. Since the Browns have never been to the Superbowl, no chance of them playing a team from their old NFL days (though in reality, it would be the Ravens organization that played in the NFL pre-NFC days).

Sorry for doodling with this thread. kidhawk's post got me to thinking out loud.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":38aa8lhi said:
Colts moving from the NFC to AFC after losing to the AFL as the NFL representative probably tops the same division Superbowl. Since they weren't in the same division with the Saints or Bears, that was a miss. I am not sure if they were in the same division with the Cowboys prior to moving over to the AFC. I will have to go check that out.

I also don't remember which division the Bucs were in when they spent 1 season in the AFC prior to switching back to the NFC. Since the Browns have never been to the Superbowl, no chance of them playing a team from their old NFL days (though in reality, it would be the Ravens organization that played in the NFL pre-NFC days).

Sorry for doodling with this thread. kidhawk's post got me to thinking out loud.

I was kind of thinking out loud myself. It is interesting though. I did some looking and I believe that Tampa was in the West with the Raiders, so they'd already have played a team from their previous division in the Superbowl (and won btw)

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kidhawk":1w3g1jne said:
drdiags":1w3g1jne said:

I was kind of thinking out loud myself. It is interesting though. I did some looking and I believe that Tampa was in the West with the Raiders, so they'd already have played a team from their previous division in the Superbowl (and won btw)
Tampa was in the AFC West for one season before they switched, but since it was only one year and the switch was predetermined before they entered the league I don't think it should count.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tampa was in the AFC West for one season before they switched, but since it was only one year and the switch was predetermined before they entered the league I don't think it should count.

You don't get to choose what counts historically, otherwise the Pissburgh Super Bowl win should not count either. One year as ridiculous as it was counts. It sure counts as far as the consecutive loss record they have there.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
It's not even just a West coast thing. Denver didn't play a 10am game until Week 16 I believe. Yes, I know they're not on the coast, but they are in the West Division.